Was the tear down of the bears necessary

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If pace suckered George into an extension did posters really not see a tear down coming? It was inevitable and if George wasn’t part re tarded the tear down would of happened a year earlier instead of allowing a gm another year to make matters worse

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Yes, absolutely. But it's only the beginning. Tearing down is the easy part. Building back up is the hard part.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, absolutely. But it's only the beginning. Tearing down is the easy part. Building back up is the hard part.
I'd say it's extremely difficult to tear down correctly, especially for a new coaching staff trying to get rookies used to over achieving in college and vets to buy into a system with L after L piling up. Also keeping a fan base intrigued. The small group diehard fans salivate over high draft picks/cap space etc, but the majority want to see W's.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I've been saying this for a long time now that Pace dug a hole with the Trubisky trade up/Glennon signing and then went over ambitious with the Mack trade thinking the team was an immediate contender and that Matt Nagy, whose claim to fame at that point was I guess getting demoted from playcalling with the Chiefs, was going to be the difference maker to take the Bears all the way. that 2018 was strong enough they had a shot at it, if not for the cuck doink kicker and Nagy trying extremely hard to be the smartest person in the room over and over. Pace's strategy for getting out of those deficits was by putting the team in greater cap deficits. he thought he could buy his way out. he didn't. he bought him and Nagy out of jobs. things happen for a calculated purpose.
I think after 2018 we had a lot to be excited about, and going after Mack was the right move. You had Trubsiky on a rookie deal and had invested a lot in him, then grabbed the offensive minded head coach you thought would be the whisperer to get the most out of him. And the offense was decent. It showed a lot of progress from the year before and the team looked like it had legit contender chops. You hoped after that Trubisky and Nagy would both take another step. Instead, both took a step back and/or the league figured out Nagy. After they shit the bed that year, if Pace has some big 'ol balls, he might've started to tear it down and realize that Trubisky wasn't the guy, or at least, not a franchise QB. Instead, he doubled down for 2020 with Quinn and getting Foles and some other moves. That was the major fuckup following the major fuckup in drafting Trubisky. Had he cut his losses, maybe he could have survived and the team could have reset earlier.

Oh well, it is what it is. Pace got us Fields, so that's a nice parting gift.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It wasn't necessary. The Bears could have built around the pieces that they had and had a mediocre season instead of just a bad one. They also could have potentially known more about Fields throwing the ball by now.

But it was probably the right move. I do wish they just didn't completely punt on adding offensive talent around Fields until the Claypool trade. It wouldn't have killed the teardown had they added a lineman with potential to be a long term piece. It wouldn't have killed the teardown to draft a WR earlier that wasn't a gadget player. But it worked out as good longterm as it possibly could have. #1 pick, ton of money, likely have a QB.
Remember all the excitement about the Lucas Patrick signing?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Not the greatest year to have #1 pick and tons of money in cap space but it’s better then another mediocre year with zero future.
Idk seems like a great year to have the #1 overall pick. Last year the jaguars took travon walker …. Bears should get multiple first and more for this years pick.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Remember being excited about J.Langford/K.Carey, the future RB combo for the next 7-8 years?
View attachment 25601
I don’t remember who but I do feel that there were many posters thinking the bears did enough to address OL, added enough weapons, and that Mooney would evolve to be a clear number 1 by years end. Most people didn’t have bears in draft position #1 either.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Idk seems like a great year to have the #1 overall pick. Last year the jaguars took travon walker …. Bears should get multiple first and more for this years pick.
Yeah being in position to trade down, get a great player and take back multiple picks sucks. What a horrible year to have the #1 overall pick!
I don’t remember who but I do feel that there were many posters thinking the bears did enough to address OL, added enough weapons, and that Mooney would evolve to be a clear number 1 by years end. Most people didn’t have bears in draft position #1 either.
Its true. Nagy being gone was going to magically make everyone better and all of the Ol were going to be good because Poles used to be an OL. A horrible one but ignore that(real ignore not the fake ignore that @dabears70 has me on).

NFL fans do it every season. All of their rookies and FAs are going to be good. None of the other teams will. All of their players will take the next step. Everything is going to come together regardless of if it subjectively makes sense or not. Look at this nonsense from @Starion 10 reasons why 6-8 wins is the FLOOR.
Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy
Nagy sucked but Nagy isn't why Sam Mustipher sucks

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yeah being in position to trade down, get a great player and take back multiple picks sucks. What a horrible year to have the #1 overall pick!

Its true. Nagy being gone was going to magically make everyone better and all of the Ol were going to be good because Poles used to be an OL. A horrible one but ignore that(real ignore not the fake ignore that @dabears70 has me on).

NFL fans do it every season. All of their rookies and FAs are going to be good. None of the other teams will. All of their players will take the next step. Everything is going to come together regardless of if it subjectively makes sense or not. Look at this nonsense from @Starion 10 reasons why 6-8 wins is the FLOOR.
Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy Nagy
Nagy sucked but Nagy isn't why Sam Mustipher sucks
Clearly they need to take some notes from you on how to evaluate a roster. I recently got into an argument with a certain poster who actually doubled down on his take that this years roster was an improvement from the previous year, even after knowing the outcome of 3 wins and last place in the nfl. Lmao. Insane stuff goes on at CCS.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pace would probably be here had he fired nagy prior to drafting fields and starting the tank then

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP asks if water is wet then answers in case we can't get there on our own.

It's been said many times: Pace swung for the fences and struck out spectacularly. His list of failures is breathtaking. His punishment will be watching the second QB he drafted flourish from far away.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It's been said many times: Pace swung for the fences and struck out spectacularly. His list of failures is breathtaking. His punishment will be watching the second QB he drafted flourish from far away.

are you saying all of pace picks . . . Justin Fields, Khalil Herbert, Cole Kmet, Darnell Mooney are not part of the future core? #PANIC

yes pace fooked up with the mitch pick but the 49ers gave up a boat load for Trey Lance and still recovered. #uhoh