Wasn’t last nights game a best case scenario?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Fields continue to develop and get more comfortable and we still lost. Which means Nagy gets fired?
That's wishful thinking, IMO. But if the Bears are going to do it, now's the time with the bye coming up.

If it doesn't happen today or tomorrow, we'll be stuck with him with the rest of the season.

46plank

Liked Posts:
He’s not getting fired

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Despite what some meatballs think, Nagy will be gone at the end of the year.

Team is too undisciplined.

Now the guy who ended up making a case to stay is Pace. Unfortunately, the better Fields does, the better Pace looks.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
The franchise has never fired a head coach in the middle of the season and I can't see that happening now. I do think Nagy will be fired after the season is over. This is a lost year (again) and the primary concern should be the continued development of Fields as the QB of the future.

mbison

Liked Posts:
He’s not getting fired
The franchise has never fired a head coach in the middle of the season and I can't see that happening now. I do think Nagy will be fired after the season is over. This is a lost year (again) and the primary concern should be the continued development of Fields as the QB of the future.

I don’t think they will fire him mid season but I do believe it we don’t win many more games Nagy will be gone at the end of the season though

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
So many f’ups last night. I’ve never been part of any team that would tolerate such a complete break down of discipline. That’s coaching, pure
and simple. Nagy’s not an NFL caliber coach.

Totally agree. It's amazing what the organization will tolerate year after year after year. With some organizations you get the feeling they are always trying to win every single year. Mediocre isn't the standard for these organization... Pittsburg, New England, Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle, Baltimore, New Orleans. Not all of these organizations win every year (see Cowboys) but I always get the feeling ownership is doing everything they can to be at the top year in and year out. I never feel this way with the Bears. It's exhausing.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I hear what you're saying, and maybe.

But I'd rather my young quarterback start to see the fruits of his development and get used to winning at the professional level.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy is gone regardless and I still root for the win. But I think we are all happy to see the steps that Fields has taken the last 2 weeks. Borom at T has really helped him out as well.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I was thinking the same thing last night, and I thought to myself, how far have the Bears fallen if we are ok celebrating a players performance at the hands of a loss.....But it is true, it was an ideal outcome if the hope of getting new coaching is still alive.

The total lack of discipline what I think might actually be Nagy's demise.

Fields is starting to progress, and I'm not sure anyone could be unhappy with that (other than the trolls).

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Fields continue to develop and get more comfortable and we still lost. Which means Nagy gets fired?

Nope. Next week is a bye, so you can already mark down the Bears for a loss. They follow that up with a win against the Lions. At the end of the season, George praises Nagy for getting the Bears out of a 5 game losing streak, which is an improvement on last season's 6 game losing streak. Everyone is extended.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It’s obvious Nagy won’t be fired during the season but I think the Bears FO are leaning heavily towards letting him go at the end of the season. There is no way they can be happy with the product on the field.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I've got a question--I only saw the first half, stepdad passed away (he lived one of those well-lived lives) and I had to take a flight to Chi during halftime.

I've seen about 3 or 4 roughing the passer calls not made with this kid. What's behind that? The largeness of him? Like if he was a tall, skinner (white?) kid those flags would have been thrown but since he's built like a wall the ref, on a play where most times a flag is thrown, decides to keep it in his pocket?

It's kind of disturbing.

Can't wait to watch the 2nd half when I get back.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
It’s obvious Nagy won’t be fired during the season but I think the Bears FO are leaning heavily towards letting him go at the end of the season. There is no way they can be happy with the product on the field.

If they Keep him, this will be the most furious this fanbase has ever been in our lifetimes. And that's saying quite a lot.

If they keep him this city will eat those guys alive.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If they Keep him, this will be the most furious this fanbase has ever been in our lifetimes. And that's saying quite a lot.

If they keep him this city will eat those guys alive.
I think this does play a roll for the McCaskeys when making their decision. They are people pleasers and want to keep them happy.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I've got a question--I only saw the first half, stepdad passed away (he lived one of those well-lived lives) and I had to take a flight to Chi during halftime.

I've seen about 3 or 4 roughing the passer calls not made with this kid. What's behind that? The largeness of him? Like if he was a tall, skinner (white?) kid those flags would have been thrown but since he's built like a wall the ref, on a play where most times a flag is thrown, decides to keep it in his pocket?

It's kind of disturbing.

Can't wait to watch the 2nd half when I get back.
I thought the same thing. He doesn't get many calls and last night was particularly glaring. I can't explain why this is happening. The crew in the booth did call out the lack of flags for the Steelers which was good to see.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Trademark Nagy losing streak. You can’t lose 4 or 5 games in a row every year and hope to remain employed.