Watching on NFLN about the Fog Bowl

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Was anyone there? And why was Ditka wearing sunglasses in the fog? This pic isn't filtered.

ditka in fog wearing sun glasses.jpg

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I wasn't there, but I once saw so much fog that you couldn't see the tops of the buildings downtown.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I was almost there. Left the house to buy 4 tickets from some guy and could not find his place. Pissed at the time but as you know it worked out fine.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Weirdest game in 40+ years of attending Bears games. For most of the second half, we couldn't see anything down on the field from our section, not even when the play was on our end. All we could do was sit there and wait until the PA announcer called out what happened on each play, and then cheer or groan. It was pretty strange that very few people left. It was even stranger that everyone still stared down toward the field, while waiting for the PA announcer to tell them what happened, even though all they could see was fog. Surreal might be the best description...

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Even on TV all I could see is a WR run by. Could not tell you where he came from or where he was going.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think I caught a bit less than half the game - I spent a lot of time in the car that day. It was quite the spectacle.

baredown

Liked Posts:
And why was Ditka wearing sunglasses in the fog? This pic isn't filtered.

View attachment 2375

Oops, forgot to answer this. I can't recall whether the sun was out at all when the game started (I don't think so...), but there was no fog. So it would have been pretty normal for Ditka to have his shades on. The fog literally started to roll into the stadium toward the end of the first half. You could see it flowing over the stadium walls in the northeast corner, and then "slithering" down toward the playing field. It was actually kind of creepy, sort of like some sinister mist in a horror movie. Anyway, the fog intensified gradually. I suspect Ditka simply forgot he had his sun glasses on. It was, after all, a playoff game...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was sunny, but right before the half the fog came in like a rock concert fog machine.....