Watching the combine.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Curious to see OL. Have been looking at a couple of players mentioned rumored to the Bears. I have to say I would definitley pass on Fluker. This guy looks every bit lost, I think he has actually hurt his chances by showing up.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Not that these drills mean a ton, but fluker did look pretty poor in the slide kick drill. During the first one his technique completely broke down and he just ran after the guy... And that was lining up on the RT side

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Terron Armstead requires some more disucssion 6'5" 303lbs, 4.65 [40], 31 reps.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Fluker's feet and technique will probably have him "kicked inside" to a Guard position where he can maul......but he is an absolute liability in Pass Blocking against a speed rusher at Tackle.... He's a Guard.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Terron Armstead requires some more disucssion 6'5" 303lbs, 4.65 [40], 31 reps.

He looked very fluid in the mirror drill too and kept in front of his guy with ease

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
40 yard dash

Luke joeckel 5.22
Lane johnson 4.75
Kyle long 4.93

Nick80

I like the split at the 10 they are showing. Also, watching these guys, isn't it still up in the air as to what blocking scheme the O will use next year?

bearsheisse

Liked Posts:
Would be nice if Lane Johnson falls to us. The guy looks fast, mean and nasty.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'm liking this Terron Armstead after watching that performance. 34 inch arm length, not a tub of goo either. Kid is pretty well built, and athletic. Is he worthy of a 2nd round pick?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just want to trade down and draft a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round OLmen, this draft is so deep.

Nick80

With the TE's up next who is everyone looking out for? Escobar (sp?) for me.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Are you guys watching the combine via steam? I can't stand the constant buffering.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really want to see Warford snap the ball.

Cooper looked very natural this morning snapping the ball and moving.

Nick80

Having gotten into the college game the last few years and trying to follow all the draftniks etc compared to previous years this O-line class is super deep, alot of quality especially on the interior this year, crazy really. A trade down wouldn't be a bad thing if the FO thought they could still get the guys they wanted whilest pcking up that extra pick.

Cooper looked good in the various movement drills they showed, does that also eliminate him from the Bears 20th pick now? A good combine and the body of work that goes before him, does he go top 15?

Also, a quick nod to RTB in regards to that piece about TEs this year and that article about Justice Cunningham, 4th longest broad jump so will be interesting to watch him this afternoon (UK time)

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
With the TE's up next who is everyone looking out for? Escobar (sp?) for me.

Escobar for sure. Vance McDonald, Travis Kelce, Mychal Rivera and Jordan Reed too.

Fluker sounds like Carimi all over again.

I concur. Teams don't often put much stock into combine performance, but he's looked slow. I'm not a huge fan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not that these drills mean a ton, but fluker did look pretty poor in the slide kick drill. During the first one his technique completely broke down and he just ran after the guy... And that was lining up on the RT side

I didn't see the drill but It's probably just because his feet aren't that fast and he had to break techniqur to keep up. I said in another thread that 20 was too high for him. I tend to also think his spot may be G in the NFL.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Having gotten into the college game the last few years and trying to follow all the draftniks etc compared to previous years this O-line class is super deep, alot of quality especially on the interior this year, crazy really. A trade down wouldn't be a bad thing if the FO thought they could still get the guys they wanted whilest pcking up that extra pick.

I agree but have a feeling alot of teams would prefer to do the same thing. I think there will be alot less teams attempting to trade up due to the depth.