Watson is OFFICIALLY DONE WITH HOUSTON

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson talks a lot about wanting to be a Hall of Famer. He's talked about how missing a year to injury has hurt others' chances and how he's been fortunate so far. He does not want to sit out.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Most NFL players can not choose where they want to play (except FA’s). That’s why there is a ridiculous low salary cap compared to the NBA per player. The NFL strives for parity.
No, the reason for this is simple math. There are fifty-three players on an active roster and twelve more on the practice squad. An NFL coaching staff has one head coach and fifteen assistants. Meanwhile an NBA team has fifteen players on it with maybe three coaches.

Now the NFL makes more money overall (by a lot) but it doesn't make that much more where it can spread the wealth to that many more people.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I can't even remember the last time a pro team tried to weasel out of a contract against the terms.

Seriously? Just about everytime a NFL player is cut. The full terms of the contract are not honored.

Player are often cut during strategic times throughout the year so they do not have to pay a specific amount of the contact.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
No, the reason for this is simple math. There are fifty-three players on an active roster and twelve more on the practice squad. An NFL coaching staff has one head coach and fifteen assistants. Meanwhile an NBA team has fifteen players on it with maybe three coaches.

Now the NFL makes more money overall (by a lot) but it doesn't make that much more where it can spread the wealth to that many more people.

Not sure I understanding your post. I’m saying an NBA salary cap is more per player than the NFL. Heck it’s more overall. Absolutely the NFL has the money to spread to more players.

A NFL owner pays LESS per year than a NBA owner on the complete roster. Yet the NFL owner employees 5x the amount of players and makes 5x more than a NBA owner.

The NFL strives for parity. There is no reason the NFL salary cap isn’t well over 200million.

Last edited: