My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Really looking like Watson is favoring Miami to the point it's Miami or nothing.

Saw that shit. Bears better get the Watson A team together pronto. Watch Miami trade back Houston’s pick lmao.

Also, screw that scenario.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Back to the OP, which I never directly addressed.

I've gone back-and-forth on whether or not we should trade for Watson. On one hand, I know we have several holes that will need to be addressed with the draft picks we'd be giving up for Watson (OT & WR specifically). Also, I'm not cap guru, but we have a lot of money tied up in our defense so I'm not sure how we'd be able to take on Watson's contract.

On the other hand, things become a lot easier once you have your franchise QB in place. We've been looking for a franchise QB for generations. I say if one's available, go get him and figure the rest out. Having a franchise QB would theoretically make Chicago an appealing place for free agents to come.

Also, like I mentioned in this thread elsewhere, we managed to win 8 games this season and we know this isn't a good team. Watson would be worth 2-3 wins by himself. Go get him and secure a franchise QB for the first time since integration.

You got it. Get the bonafide superstar. Figure out the cap and reset the payroll on an couple years. You can always make it work out, just gotta see how you impact the future and when bad contracts can be removed.

Generations of shit QB play. You do what you have to do, get THE guy or enjoy mediocrity. Bears fans must be happy having one good season a decade. Get some damn consistency at the most important position and figure it all out.

Watson does hold onto the ball so OL is key but he can also make them and how WRs look great. Mooney could be come a Will Fuller type fast.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Right, it was a risk that paid off. Risk carries upside.

Riddick doesn't even really have upside. He had his shot at an executive career and if he was good at his job or displayed any sort of real promise he'd still be pursuing that career instead of bloviating about nonsense on a dying sports infotainment network.

I wonder what role Pace had prior to being GM, or the many other GMs across the league.

I wonder if Polian and others joined ESPN.

I wonder if Riddick was smart enough to make some serious cash as an analyst.

I also wonder how right he was about Mahomes coming out of the draft.

The real question is can he succeed in this role? Texans went after him also before the process got interrupted, hence the tie to Watson, as well as the anger and confusion.

If Riddick gets you Watson, you would be a ESPN lifer.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Just because you're a good player doesn't mean you'd be a good coach, or GM. Michael Jordan should be racking up championships as an owner, right?!
Yeah....Rex Ryan never sniffed the NFL.

have @Montucky give you a list of the greatest GM to never play in the nfl. I’m sure he won’t mention Chris Ballard, Bob Quinn, Kevin Colbert not to mention people like Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Did u miss what RiDLer80 said about winning?
Yeah, if you are good at something you never stop doing it. Good Head coaches stay head coaches until they retire. @Mongo_76 / @Montucky simply just post on here because they aren’t good at anything else

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
General manager is a bit more impactful that Pro Player Personnel Director, would you agree? And ten win season vs Super Bowl appearance is quite the disparity in outcomes. I reckon if the 49ers and John Lynch part ways it wont mean Lynch has to take a job sounding like a high school announcer with Steve fucking Levy on Zombie MNF.

My point was.....Lynch had no prior NFL executive level experience when he joined S.F. S.F rolled the dice with him.
So why can't another team rolled the dice with a similar person ?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
My point was.....Lynch had no prior NFL executive level experience when he joined S.F. S.F rolled the dice with him.
They are not similar though. Riddick has prior NFL executive level experience and he wasn't good enough to advance his career in that field so he fled to broadcasting.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You're arguing for Lynch after the fact. The point is Lynch had ZERO front office experience when he got hired as GM. He went from being a player, to the booth, to being a GM. Nothing he had done before that pointed to him being a good GM. That hire looks good now, but at the time it was made it was a risk. Like run n shoot pointed out.

LOL.......Oh...it's pretty obvious Montucky has a specific " narrative". He's not gonna to deal with factual info. that doesn't fit his "narrative".

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

They are not similar though. Riddick has prior NFL executive level experience and he wasn't good enough to advance his career in that field so he fled to broadcasting.

" he wasn't good enough to advance his career in that field so he fled to broadcasting."
-Montucky :LOL:

C'mon stop trying spin your personal erroneous "narrative" with verbiage like "he wasn't good enough , FLED". Now lets keep it moving.

Below I've chronicled each stop for Riddick. At each stop, under his watch D.C. and Philly went to the playoffs.
Riddick had success at each stop. When he left Philly.....they were a playoff team with a 10-6-0 record. There's
nothing to indicate he "FLED".
And I doubt you have any reliable sources for your erroneous "he wasn't good enough, FLED narrative"

I believe he retired from the football management. He was offered a broadcast analyst position.
Here's the bottom line. Riddick had/has better qualifications than what John Lynch had prior to him being given the GM position in S.F. We can see proof of it right here. Now Prove me wrong about Lynch's qualifications.
And don't think I can't see your real narrative ( I'll let it slide for now)

Now if u respond, come back with verifiable facts. I don't want to deal with anymore red herring, emotional, erroneous, spin narrative arguments. ? Read this again and please adhere.

Louis Riddick NFL Management qualifications ......
1610479755802.png

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Hopkins and Andre Johnson telling him to get out.

Mongo

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, if you are good at something you never stop doing it. Good Head coaches stay head coaches until they retire. @Mongo/ @Montucky simply just post on here because they aren’t good at anything else

I'm pretty sure you've tagged me in error of the other Mongo. I am the original and rarely post here.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm pretty sure you've tagged me in error of the other Mongo. I am the original and rarely post here.
Probably....sorry

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
As bad as we know this team is we still somehow managed to win 8 games this season and only get blown out by GB (the best team in the NFC). Watson is probably good for 2-3 wins himself.
They won 6 and were gifted two.