Watson will be moved

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m all in on bringing Watson to Chicago but:

How is Pace going to build a team around him?
You are bringing him to a team that has a worse offensive line.
You want to cut the best tight end on the team.
Allen and Mooney are your WR’s then it falls off big time.
Monty needs a back up.
The defense needs depth.
This is so dumb. You people act like you cant have any holes on a team. Backup RBs. Really? Incredible how after 30-40 games you were slobbing one of the worst QBs in the league but are unsure about trading for a great, future HOF QB because you might not have a backup RB or enough depth on D lmao. Bad. So bad.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
This is so dumb. You people act like you cant have any holes on a team. Backup RBs. Really? Incredible how after 30-40 games you were slobbing one of the worst QBs in the league but are unsure about trading for a great, future HOF QB because you might not have a backup QB or enough depth on D lmao. Bad. So bad.

Yep every team has holes. It's how the salary cap works and main reason the Chicago Blackhawks roster got shredded over the years. Teams are successful guys want to get paid.

The Saints are really screwed, going into next season they are projected to be 100 million over the cap, ouch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m all in on bringing Watson to Chicago but:

How is Pace going to build a team around him?
You are bringing him to a team that has a worse offensive line.
You want to cut the best tight end on the team.
Allen and Mooney are your WR’s then it falls off big time.
Monty needs a back up.
The defense needs depth.

Pace is good on day 3 of the draft and in cheap free agency... at least that is what I am told.

I think you get the QB and you worry about everything else after.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep every team has holes. It's how the salary cap works and main reason the Chicago Blackhawks roster got shredded over the years. Teams are successful guys want to get paid.

The Saints are really screwed, going into next season they are projected to be 100 million over the cap, ouch.
Yeah, its the harsh reality of finding a lot of talent. Watson would cost an arm and a leg but how much have the Bears sunk into their defense only for it to make zero difference when they cant score 16 points? Its time to try something different. Something we've never seen before in Chicago. Watson would greatly improve the offense by just being him(Be you).

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pace is good on day 3 of the draft and in cheap free agency... at least that is what I am told.

I think you get the QB and you worry about everything else after.
Pace is crap.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't agree. Think his and Nagy's relationship would be more important than Pace. Wanting to play with other Stars could be really important. Sounds like Nagy loved him coming out to 2017 draft. If Watson can see himself in Nagy's system making everyone else better and scoring a lot of points I think we could be a strong pitch. Jets are in a complete rebuild. I think Mimai keeps Tua and their picks. Carolina is not a big City. Is Watson a City guy? He could be HUGE in Chicago. Bigger than Ditka and Payton combine if he came and helped win us a Super Bow. Maybe I'm too prejudice toward the Bears I've watched for 50+ years and not seen a really good passing attach.
Somebody better tell Aaron Rodgers Green Bay is not a Big City.

Honestly, why people keep trotting this argument out there time after time is silly.

Urlhacker

Pack Hunter
Liked Posts:
He'd be crazy to even consider Chicago.

Patriots, 49ers, and Saints are the top three with great coaching.
exactly that's where we're at unfortunately nobody wants to play for us. I wouldn't either. I hate the fucking Mckaskeys

Urlhacker

Pack Hunter
Liked Posts:
Cap will almost certainly be 195m(at minimum).

Otherwise, half the league would be in cap hell.

So it would put them at 79m.....

Brees is retiring(supposedly) so that would save them 36m

Brings them to 43m

Still....yea. Only way they get under the cap at that point is cutting some good players. Lets hope its ryan ramczyk or kwon alexander.
why do you spend this much energy posting about a team that will never give you what you want?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cap will almost certainly be 195m(at minimum).

Otherwise, half the league would be in cap hell.

So it would put them at 79m.....

Brees is retiring(supposedly) so that would save them 36m

Brings them to 43m

Still....yea. Only way they get under the cap at that point is cutting some good players. Lets hope its ryan ramczyk or kwon alexander.

Once again Miss Adows proves she doesn't have a clue what she is talking about.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yeah, its the harsh reality of finding a lot of talent. Watson would cost an arm and a leg but how much have the Bears sunk into their defense only for it to make zero difference when they cant score 16 points? Its time to try something different. Something we've never seen before in Chicago. Watson would greatly improve the offense by just being him(Be you).

Yep it's hard to play defense in todays NFL. The 1985 Bears defense would have had multiple guys fined, kicked out of games and suspended with todays rules.

I saw a highlight a few weeks ago of a running back stiff arming a DB to gain yards but his stiff arm was actually grabbing the facemask of a DB <non call of course>.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You don't have anything if you don't have a quarterback.

If you wait until you have every other hole filled before going after your QB, you'll never have a QB.

In other words, you'll be the Chicago Bears.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trading up for a QB in this draft is probably a lot more realistic than trading for Watson. If past actions are any indication, you can trade up from late 20s to top 10 for around the price of two firsts and a third. Since the Bears aren't in the late 20s, it should be even more doable. That's easily worth the swing if you're Pace looking down the barrel of unemployment.