Watson will be moved

dennehy

Liked Posts:
2021 isn't the only year they have to account for Watson's contract. Although I understand Bears fans seem to operate in a one year window. 2022 Cap hit is 35 mil, 2023 cap hit is 37 mil. Put that in your rookie pipe and smoke it.

You are a fool if you don't think teams project out the value of future draft picks and where they expect to fall.
I know what his cap number moving forward, have you checked to see what the cap situation is of all the teams in 2022-2025?

Every single team except maybe two or three could handle that deal if they wanted.

Not even sure what your last sentence means.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great, you have the ability to cut a lot of big contracts in 2022, but have traded away all your draft capital, so you get to take on more bad contracts for aging vets in FA.
Or and hear me out... Pace drafts D talent in the mid rounds which he is actually decent at and shifts money into the O which is needed.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Possibly, because it's not quite as simple as a trade Stafford for Watson scenario, other roster moves have to be made, they no longer get a number 7 overall pick that could help upgrade the roster in 2021, etc etc. You can't look at trades like this in a vacuum.

I'm not looking at the trade in a vacuum, you are the one stating they will be worse despite a huge upgrade at the most important position in sports.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know what his cap number moving forward, have you checked to see what the cap situation is of all the teams in 2022-2025?

Every single team except maybe two or three could handle that deal if they wanted.

Not even sure what your last sentence means.
His argument is the Bears would have bad 1st round picks in 2021 and then in 2022 with Watson but for some reason the Lions would have good first round picks. So essentially the Lions suck so bad even with Watson they would have a top 10 pick in 2022.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The problem is we still have to have a 53 man roster.
we have to replace the people that get cut.
It’s not as simple as you think.

No no, don't get me wrong cause i totally understand that if any of these moves from this article actually happened that most of these players would need to be replaced but not all of them and getting a veteran LT who's legit would be one of the biggest ones when talking contracts. My only point was that some keep talking about how screwed we are with the cap and how we can't afford to trade for Watson or keep ARob or even do both and as i've been saying, we can make those moves work. Not saying it won't hurt down the rode but this team is in win now mode so to win now you sometimes have to take those shots.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Great, you have the ability to cut a lot of big contracts in 2022, but have traded away all your draft capital, so you get to take on more bad contracts for aging vets in FA.

1st round picks aren't all of a teams draft capital. We do 7 round drafts these days. LOL

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or and hear me out... Pace drafts D talent in the mid rounds which he is actually decent at and shifts money into the O which is needed.
if's, butts, and nuts.....

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His argument is the Bears would have bad 1st round picks in 2021 and then in 2022 with Watson but for some reason the Lions would have good first round picks. So essentially the Lions suck so bad even with Watson they would have a top 10 pick in 2022.
Except that wasn't my argument at all. Bears would not be a serious contender, even with Watson, in 2021. No WR's, No O-line, etc etc. You do realize the Texans went 4-12 right, with Watson?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Its not ifs and buts. Pace has continuously shown he can find D talent in the mid rounds.

He can find all talent in the mid rounds.

D.Mooney
D.Montgomery
T.Cohen
A.Bars--UDFA
S.Mustipher--UDFA

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except that wasn't my argument at all. Bears would not be a serious contender, even with Watson, in 2021. No WR's, No O-line, etc etc. You do realize the Texans went 4-12 right, with Watson?
You do realize the Bears went 8-8 with Trubisky, right? Derpy derpy doooooo

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do realize the Bears went 8-8 with Trubisky, right? Derpy derpy doooooo

I also realize the 2021 bears will be without AR and Hicks, the defense will be another year older, the O-line tackle position will be as bad if not worse, etc etc.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also realize the 2021 bears will be without AR and Hicks, the defense will be another year older, the O-line tackle position will be as bad if not worse, etc etc.
So speculation.

Goldman coming back is better than Hicks. JJ better in his second season. ARob will be back. See I can speculate too.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So speculation.

Goldman coming back is better than Hicks. JJ better in his second season. ARob will be back. See I can speculate too.

Somebody better tell AR then.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So your saying the Bears will pay AR 18 million next year? Because no one is going to give up 2 firsts for AR.
I actually think they will get a deal done but we will see. Definitely wont let him walk for nothing.