idk i just have a feeling hes coming here
shut up and let me have my hope

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Bears somehow got Watson in a trade....Pace and his entiore Scouting department should be fired right after he signs. Pace and his staff all passed on Watson in 2017 for Trubisky. Meaning he could have stayed put (no trade up) and gotten Watson by default. To give up any assets to get him now just compounds his mistake in 2017. I know, fans want a winning team and a better QB regardless of the costs or ramifications. But this is just not possible with the current GM still in the building. If they had fired Pace, this might have been at least a possibility.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
i didnt read “only” anywhere
jets aint gonna do shit even with watson
he might as well stay in texas
dolphins? maybe mahomes vs watson afc ships , intriguing
idk i just have a feeling hes coming here
shut up and let me have my hope

Thanks for the calmer tone of your post, amigo. Glad you're not as angry today.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

2Deep

Liked Posts:
This is interesting because Adam McSchefter reported this morning on WMVP 1000 that Watson has his eyes set on the Bears and will only play for Bears and this point. ?

Southside

Liked Posts:
If the Bears somehow got Watson in a trade....Pace and his entiore Scouting department should be fired right after he signs. Pace and his staff all passed on Watson in 2017 for Trubisky. Meaning he could have stayed put (no trade up) and gotten Watson by default. To give up any assets to get him now just compounds his mistake in 2017. I know, fans want a winning team and a better QB regardless of the costs or ramifications. But this is just not possible with the current GM still in the building. If they had fired Pace, this might have been at least a possibility.

Haha to be honest my dream scenario at this point is the Bears getting Watson and the Bears being bad the first year and firing Pace then Watson and the Bears becoming great without Pace. Just the fact that Pace passed on Watson but could have his job saved by Watson makes me sick to my stomach. In fact, just the fact that Pace is STILL here probably makes Chicago unattractive to the point that I think it would actually hurt our chances to get Watson in the first place.

Imagine having two 4,000 yard seasons in college, being a heisman finalist, and winning a National Championship but getting passed up for Trubisky who started 1 full season and then the same GM comes 4 years later asking for you to save his job. Imagine how unenthusiastic that would make Watson feel. HAHAHAHA!!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Man seems like a lot of people who were holding on to the pipe dream that the Bears land Watson are really pissed in this thread.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
By opting to play in New York he would be pissing away $11+M to state taxes vs Texas or FLA. If he is changing teams it is MIA or bust.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
By opting to play in New York he would be pissing away $11+M to state taxes vs Texas or FLA. If he is changing teams it is MIA or bust.
Don't professional athletes pay taxes in every state they play in? Or is this the estimate for the 8 games in NY?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You want proof baseball players are smarter than football players? How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field? —Jim Bouton, Yankees Pitcher

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Don't professional athletes pay taxes in every state they play in? Or is this the estimate for the 8 games in NY?
Yes, and I think a lot of them technically keep residences in low tax states because some states charge income tax on all teh $ made while your permanent residence is in that state (I think).

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

In summary, if the Bears go get the best QB potentially available and make a huge improvement to the team they should be fired for it.....

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Athletes dont worry about taxes. Lebron left florida for ohio and then california.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Man seems like a lot of people who were holding on to the pipe dream that the Bears land Watson are really pissed in this thread.
I haven't seen that. I've seen people holding the OP accountable for lack of reading comprehension. Whether bears have good odds of getting Watson has no bearing on the fact the OP made up stuff that was never said

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who are the sources. Unless his Agent or Watson said so himself then much ado about nothing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes, and I think a lot of them technically keep residences in low tax states because some states charge income tax on all teh $ made while your permanent residence is in that state (I think).
I just think athletes particularly care about having to pay taxes. It seems like the least of their worries.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oops you are correct. Plus I forgot that they actually plays in NJ which has an even higher max tax rate of 10.75%. So the home games would cost him "only" around $7M in additional taxes. Add in being a young guy living in Mia or NJ, I think it is a no brainer.