Way too early Mock Draft: Can’t believe I’m doing this sh!t in November edition

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Sons of anarchy sucked. I hate to say it because I’m a big @dentfan but the 1st round picks might suck worse. As far as actually improving the team and maximizing resources, it just falls way short

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
A pure BPA mock would be sort of interesting as an exercise. However the OP somehow avoided drafting for need while failing to go BPA at the same time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you've got him and a DL/OL/LB/WR similarly scored/ranked/whatever, I'm perfectly fine with need being a tie-breaker.
The thing is the Bears need almost everything and I just think its careless to spend such a high valued pick on a RB when your offense has shown that any marginal talent can come in and produce. There's positional value in the NFL and if you're always taking care of needs in FA, you're likely going to not be in great position a couple years down the line.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The thing is the Bears need almost everything and I just think its careless to spend such a high valued pick on a RB when your offense has shown that any marginal talent can come in and produce. There's positional value in the NFL and if you're always taking care of needs in FA, you're likely going to not be in great position a couple years down the line.
Agreed. It's highly unlikely you can get a D-tackle or D-end in the 3rd or 4th who can come in and provide real value right away like you can with running backs. Montgomery = 3rd round pick. Herbert = 6th round.

Then again... SANBORN = undrafted. :LOL:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing is the Bears need almost everything and I just think its careless to spend such a high valued pick on a RB when your offense has shown that any marginal talent can come in and produce.

Absolutely. Before his injury, they were getting six yards a carry out of a second year late round pick RB.

To hell with Marshall Faulk, get me Issac Bruce!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s so reminiscent of JA drafting benson when we had one of the best rbs in the league on the roster already

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Sons of anarchy sucked. I hate to say it because I’m a big @dentfan but the 1st round picks might suck worse. As far as actually improving the team and maximizing resources, it just falls way short
You don’t like a show with a bunch of men wearing leather hugging it out and always saying I love you so much brother? Fucking hater

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You don’t like a show with a bunch of men wearing leather hugging it out and always saying I love you so much brother? Fucking hater

Show was super cheesy and beyond unrealistic. Jax and his crew would have been killed a thousand times over but somehow escaped impossible situation after impossible situation.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I love Robinson but no way would I take him there.

The biggest issue, though, is LOL that Seattle is going to give you three first rounders to move up literally 2 spots. You give three firsts to move from like 12 to 2.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
View attachment 24401

Let’s see what the Bears do in FA. But they need one of everything, Trade down ! this is A few year rebuild IMO
I came to post the same thing. Not sure what the FA RB market has been like over the last few seasons, surely there wouldn't be a need to draft a RB so high with that list on offer, or with the depth in the draft again (lower rounds being the way to go again)

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Props to OP. He gave us the bears-iest mock draft ever.

A rb and an off-ball/non pass rushing linebacker but we’re going to use him like a pass rusher with 2 first round picks? Can’t think of a more ‘that’s so bears’ response for a pair of picks.

Draft a tackle based on athleticism and not his ability to block anybody? And he’s prone to penalties? ‘That’s so bears.’

Draft 2 rbs in the first 4 rounds? ‘That’s so bears.’

Draft a WR that has great hands but also has ‘concentration drops?’ ‘That’s so bears.’

Draft another WR who is 5’10 and call him built like a tank? ‘That’s so bears.’

If your Italian stallion can jump out of the pool, you win the lottery.

jive

Liked Posts:
It’s so reminiscent of JA drafting benson when we had one of the best rbs in the league on the roster already
I admit that I got that vibe too.

I was in a restaurant with my in-laws during the NFL draft, and I heard Benson's name called, I shouted 'Fuck no!' in the middle of the place.
Couldn't help it. That pick sucked.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I hope that Poles only uses FA to bridge the team while draft picks are developing regardless of how much cap he has to play with. The sure fire way to end up in mediocre land is to fill all your needs with FA after a 3 win season. The goal should be prolonged success not the Rams.
We should fill our needs with veterans. We have the cap space to be the best location in the NFL for FA to go. We have cash and Fields. The Bears are a massive market. The fan base has never abandoned the team.

So, I don’t see an issue with agreeing with Gregg Gabriel that we should plug the holes with free agents. Being as flush with cash as we are, we can get who, relative to their actual availability, we want.

I think we should go BPA, with a specific focus on amount our O skill positions, with the draft. A RT, DT, WLB, and a C should be no problem with our cash: first pick of the litter.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I completely agree with you in terms of “always taking care of needs in FA.” If you’re not developing talent, and filling needs with FA, you’re going to explode. The issues is in developing talent, but, more importantly, this isn’t an established team. It’s probably closer than we think, but it needs a rapid talent infusion.

I’m looking at the draft as having taken place after Poles spends over 115 mil on FA. So, we would be bringing in the best, top tier dudes for the premium positions and then some.

So, we need to take the BPA in each round and in the draft.

As far as taking Bijan, he’s not just a running back. He already runs a full route tree, has amazing hands, and has been split out wide with success. He would be amazing if he only had his running talent, but, according to PFF, he is a better WR than many of the WR in this class!

I really think he’s going top 10, if not 5. Getting him, while keeping Montgomery and signing a top FA RB like CEH or Hunt, and drafts Vaughn creates a ton of firepower.

The dudes I have the most conviction for are Bijan, Deuce, and Dalton. They would be a great core to build around.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Marcus Davenport is such a polarizing player. From a physical standpoint, he has all the traits to be a dominant DE. Plus, when you turn on the tape, he jumps off the screen, constantly collapsing the pocket and causing havoc. Then you look at his stats and they just don’t match the tape.

He carries a lot of risk too, because he’s struggled to stay healthy for most of his career. If he is willing to only sign a 2-year deal, that minimizes a lot of the risk, and the Bears can always look to the draft for an eventual replacement. I’d be OK with that signing.

I’m not a fan of the Keenan Allen trade. It’s not realistic, but I respect the outside the box thinking. It makes more sense for the Chargers to move Keenan Allen for cost controlled draft capital and sign or draft RB.

My high value positions are QB, OL, WR, CB, DE, & DT. I don’t like spending north of $20M on a LB like Tremaine Edmonds when there are more cost-effective players available. It’s not that he’s a bad player, I just have a different view on which positions high draft capital and money should be allocated to.

As for your mock draft, I absolutely hate nearly every selection. Using a 1st round draft pick on a RB like Bijan Robinson?!? If you look around the league, you’ll find plenty of starting RB talent found in the later rounds. I like him as a player and he would help the Bears win games, but it’s a poor use of assets. Find a RB in the later rounds.

You then follow it up with using another high draft pick on another player (Trenton Simpson) that doesn’t play a high value position. Similar to Roquan, you end up being forced into a position where you’ll have to pay a LB north of $20M. No thanks.

I don’t mind the Jaelan Duncan selection, because he has a lot of upside and could be an eventual replacement for Whitehair. That being said, it’s hard to use a 2nd round draft pick on a guy who won’t start for 2 seasons. If he could be had in the 3rd round, I’d feel more comfortable with it.

I like the Habakkuk Baldonado pick.

I encourage you to check out Dontayvion Wicks. He’s been rising up my big board.