WCG - Was Hope for an Average Offense Just Foles Gold?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The Bears with Foles 1st start faced the best defense in the league. Everybody needs to calm the fuck down.

Not like the Colts played great teams. They won’t finish #1

Bears just looked terrible on offense. Play calling, adjustments, game planning, players, they were all bad. Business as usual. Stay calm all you’d like, but I hope you don’t have your hopes up.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Not like the Colts played great teams. They won’t finish #1

Bears just looked terrible on offense. Play calling, adjustments, game planning, players, they were all bad. Business as usual. Stay calm all you’d like, but I hope you don’t have your hopes up.

I agree the playcalling was horrid. Nagy is terrible.

But...

That’s the best defense in the league, I don’t care who they played. Press, robber, jet, 0-1-3, they are fast and relentless. Their LBs fill the gaps so fucking fast. The CB are ridiculously sticky. Their 3 technique is perfect. The A and B gaps are dead on the snap. They have 3-5 guys on every tackle.

Barring injuries, they will remain #1 at the end of the year.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You obviously don’t know shit about football.

That’s the best defense in the league, I don’t care who they played. Press, robber, jet, 0-1-3, they are fast and relentless. Their LBs fill the gaps so fucking fast. The CB are fucking sticky. Their 3 technique is perfect. The A and B gaps are dead on the snap. They have 3-5 guys on every tackle.

Barring injuries, they will remain #1 at the end of the year.

I don’t know shit about football because I said the colts won’t finish #1 .... lol

They’re a good defense they’re not the 85 Bears. They probably finish top 5. Even still, that was a pathetic display by the offense.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I don’t know shit about football because I said the colts won’t finish #1 .... lol

They’re a good defense they’re not the 85 Bears. They probably finish top 5. Even still, that was a pathetic display by the offense.

I edited my original post. I was out of line.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles will be fine. I trust him to bounce back

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Foles will be fine. I trust him to bounce back

I re-watched the game. He missed some wides. Some were easy 1st downs. He made some really good passes. He made some really good reads that weren’t caught. He made some good passes that were disrupted by great defensive plays.

What I found glaring, besides the playcalling, was the Colts secondary was better than the Bears WRs. Robinson is good. Mooney is a good but it showed he is a rookie. Miller is average. TEs looked slow vs Colts fast LBs and nickel.

The run game was putrid. However, Nagy gotta run more than 13 times. Fuck Patterson between the tackles!

Foles wasn’t even close to being at fault for that loss. It’s was an all around BLAME on offense...and Nagy.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A lot of the time when I watch the Bears, I think to myself, "This offense couldn't score if there was no defense on the field at all."

That is a bad thing to think so much. Matt Nagy: offensive genius.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody minds Patterson up the middle when they actually block a slight hole for him. Same with Cohen earlier.

Some INDY dominance; some CHI fail. = loss. Gonna happen.

We've seen the writing on the wall all 4 games though. Razor thin wins won't keep a comin' when the play like ass for 3+ quarters per game. Even 1st quarter solid run game seems to always disappear and only net a crappy FG (or FG miss) after decent drives. ZERO points in the 3rd quarter all season does not spell halftime adjustments or rah-rah speeches.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bears with Foles 1st start faced the best defense in the league. Everybody needs to calm the fuck down.

Except the only problem is that we saw that very same ineptitude on offense last year when we played a halfway decent D. It's not a good sign.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This. Foles isn't the long term answer but not many will succeed in this scenario especially with Nagy calling plays

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nagy and Foles have a chance on Thursday to show that they can rebound. If the offense can produce against TB, another legit Defense, then maybe you have to think that Nagy and Foles could be average or better.

Right now I'm leaning towards the skeptical side, and we are looking at another offense that can only do well against average or below average defenses.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And he preceded to look like the quarterback of the worst offense in the league.. with that said and as bad as our defense played they were still in it.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As good as Indys defense is, the plays were there. Foles was inaccurate for most of the day. That could be rust, or lack of experience throwing to these receivers. That’s possible. But Foles can’t over come and blocking AND dumb Nagy play calls. It’s almost like the Bears are setting up either QB to fail.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

No one will be the 85 Bears defense cause todays rules won't allow it noob.

Half that roster would have been suspended with todays rules, lol. Those lead helmet shots guys like Fencik, Dent and Marshall did to KO QB's, they would been kicked out of the game, fined and suspended half the season, lol

Last edited: