We’ve officially got a QB competition in training camp

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think we all knew that but i dont see it as official until those words come from Nagys mouth.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Did you actually think there wasn't gonna be a QB competition? I'd say that's common sense. I don't need someone to report or tweet that to know that.
unofficially yes but officially this is a change of course from Nagy using KC’s Mahomes model

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe that was always the case. Dalton is listed as the starter going in, but as Nagy has stated, it will be obvious when it's time to start the Rook. If it becomes obvious during the pre-season, then so be it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hell, not Lawrence, Wilson, or Lance have been annointed a week 1 starter, Shanahan went as far as to say, " “Yeah, I mean Jimmy definitely is our starter right now, and right now there isn’t a competition, because I don’t believe Trey would be in a position to compete,” Shanahan said Monday on The Rich Eisen Show. "

TC and preseason is obviously what matters.

I mean, I seriously think the NFL hands out a press quote guidebook to all head coaches.

Shanahan on Trey Lance- “When he’s ready to compete – that doesn’t mean he tells me, that doesn’t mean I’ll tell him – we’ll all see it. It’ll start with me but go to the coaches, go to the players, and guys know when a guy is ready to compete with the starter. You get that vibe. As soon as it’s like that, I will let them compete. But I’m not really setting a date on it because I know how hard that will be.”

Heard that anywhere before?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Fields were to start, I look forward to @nc0gnet0 coming in after Fields goes 20-32 320 3/1 for a 34-14 victory over the Lions and declaring that P. Sewell had an awesome game at RT and actually graded higher than Fields on PFF.
Imagine if Mack doesn't get a sack.....ohhh boy

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LMFAO

WOW REALLY

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
There will be dick ripping every week Fields doesn't start no matter what.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Will Nagy let Fields or Dalton play in preseason?

Or only lame-o simulated games fans will never see?

Remember how defensive ppl were of not risking Mitch Trubisky to a preseason injury?

?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm in the minority. I think Dalton gets at least 4 games no matter what. The KC "model" I think will win out in Nagy's head and Fields won't have a realistic shot.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm in the minority. I think Dalton gets at least 4 games no matter what. The KC "model" I think will win out in Nagy's head and Fields won't have a realistic shot.
Probably smart, but the fans will hate it...unless we are blowing teams out every week.

I think it's important to factor in oline performance.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Probably smart, but the fans will hate it...unless we are blowing teams out every week.

I think it's important to factor in oline performance.
what’s smart about playing an inferior QB (hypothetically)