We don't need an offensive line!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Options. Options that can be developed.

When you do not have options you are forced to start Coward for 10 games when he was clearly over matched and getting his ass kicked.

You do realize this teams window is the next couple seasons?

They don't have time to wait for picks to develop.

They need players to play now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wonder if Packers/Vikings fans were crying this much in the 2019 offseason after going 6-9-1 and 8-7-1

THE SKY IS FALLING. WE HAVE NO CHANCE TO BE GOOD WHAAAA

then they both made the playoffs the next year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Options. Options that can be developed.

When you do not have options you are forced to start Coward for 10 games when he was clearly over matched and getting his ass kicked.
It’s not ideal but they clearly don’t like what they see in the draft @ol. Time will tell right?

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s not ideal but they clearly don’t like what they see in the draft @ol. Time will tell right?

Its literally not like they went into this season without adding anything at all into the OL room.

Yes, I'd like to have seen a 5th rounder drafted or a trade down from the 2nd to a late 2nd/3rd, but the odds of a 5th starting this year are minimal.

This teams window is this year and next. Everyone they drafted(minus maybe the second cb) should contribute instantly on this team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There is nothing wrong about being subjective, Windy.

You aren't being subjective. You're being a little crybaby and a major pessimist. There is a very big different between being a realist and a pessimist.

This team still has plenty of talent.

I'll wait to judge the acquisitions we made when they...you know...actually play football for us.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
There’s no competition here. Kyle long legitimately retired mid season and neither of these guys could play onto the field? You could’ve set a sand bag out there that could’ve played better. Why not start bars last year??

Word is Bars wasn’t fully recovered from his injury last year and the Bears coaching staff didn’t want to risk him getting re-injured . Now he’s finally 100% healthy and ready to go.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Word is Bars wasn’t fully recovered from his injury last year and the Bears coaching staff didn’t want to risk him getting re-injured . Now he’s finally 100% healthy and ready to go.

They played him in the preseason.., and then didn't want to risk him 17 weeks later.

That is idiotic.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They played him in the preseason.., and then didn't want to risk him 17 weeks later.

That is idiotic.

You do know what a developmental pick is, right?

They obviously felt his strength wasn't up to par for the NFL yet. That doesn't prevent him from playing against 4th stringers in the preseason.

DaGrizzler

Liked Posts:
There is nothing wrong about being subjective, Windy.

You aren't being subjective. You're being a little crybaby and a major pessimist. There is a very big different between being a realist and a pessimist.

This team still has plenty of talent.

I'll wait to judge the acquisitions we made when they...you know...actually play football for us.
I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with any of these OL crybabies...

msadows

Liked Posts:
4 games is a massive regression in the NFL.

And yet its still a few swings in your way from making the playoffs.

How many games were we in last year?

A gradual improvement leads us into the playoffs.

You are acting absurd.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with any of these OL crybabies...

I was probably the biggest or second biggest OL proponent on this board a month or two ago.

Gradually I changed my view to taking one in the 2nd round after we signed ifedi/spriggs.

I'm upset we didn't draft one but I understand why we didn't. The scenario I didn't think would play out, ended up playing out. At #43 there was not a single OL worth taking at #43 without it being a giant reach.

Pace instead got a starting TE who can block somewhat(WHICH HELPS THE OLINE) and a starting CB.

Still two starters. Still good.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And yet its still a few swings in your way from making the playoffs.

How many games were we in last year?

A gradual improvement leads us into the playoffs.

You are acting absurd.

How many games did we just win?

That goes both ways. Denver was handed to us by the refs, we got to play the Lions twice with backup QBs, and the Vikings JV squad.

msadows

Liked Posts:
2019 OL is Bad-Add 2 Busts

2019 CB is Good-Add 4 guys including 2nd and 5th round picks

Really odd resource allocation.

If you look at the passer rating against, our CB's were not that good.

But okay.

msadows

Liked Posts:
How many games did we just win?

That goes both ways. Denver was handed to us by the refs, we got to play the Lions twice with backup QBs, and the Vikings JV squad.

You're acting like this doesn't happen to every team.

Once again, you're crying just to cry.

You went from being a good poster to being one of the biggest pessimists on this board.

You can call yourself something else, but I've seen you do nothing but bitch the last few months.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is what it is. No need to complain until we see how it all plays out.

The thought process is stupid. Why would you expect big improvement?

They didn't do anything to make actual improvements.