BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2019 OL is Bad-Add 2 Busts

2019 CB is Good-Add 4 guys including 2nd and 5th round picks

Really odd resource allocation.

They lost a starting CB! Cmon. You’re just upset that Canadian guy you jizzed over won’t be starting now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy you are being a whiny bitch

There was a 100% certainty we wouldnt fill all the "needs" we had with the limited draft capital:

Ol
SS
Speed wr
Cb
Edge

SS was the least of my concerns as it may be the 12th most important position on that side of the ball and there are vet fa out there we can still sign on 1 year deals

If the OL can improve to 2018 level it will be fine and I think pace has enough young depth and former high picks signed in FA to compete and I'm positive he signs a vet fa/drafts someone in the 7th or signs more udfa.

We disagree with the assessment of the OL talent on the roster.

OL was a major need and it was not addressed well enough.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They lost a starting CB! Cmon. You’re just upset that Canadian guy you jizzed over won’t be starting now.

CB was a serious need. I am happy with the Jaylon Johnson pick.

You were not going to address the OL with a premium resource, that was fine, you needed to address it with volume and add young guys who give options or may turn into something.

The OL was bad, we did very little to improve it, why should I expect different results?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Ifedi is not competing at tackle where he played with the Seahawks. He is moving inside where most borderline tackles can have some success. At the same time, in the event Massie goes down again, Ifedi at least has experience to move outside even if it might not be an ideal scenario. I think that is where Spriggs come in to see if he can have a good camp and earn a roster spot as the swing tackle.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ifedi is not competing at tackle where he played with the Seahawks. He is moving inside where most borderline tackles can have some success. At the same time, in the event Massie goes down again, Ifedi at least has experience to move outside even if it might not be an ideal scenario. I think that is where Spriggs come in to see if he can have a good camp and earn a roster spot as the swing tackle.

We needed to improve the OL.

Instead, at best, we are treading water.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
The thought process is stupid. Why would you expect big improvement?

They didn't do anything to make actual improvements.

They actually did. We have a new O-line Coach with experience in Nagy’s scheme, a healthy Bars, and added Ifedi and Spriggs. Our other returners played great in 2018 telling me it was more of a coaching/scheme issue in 2019 which has been addressed.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Kyle Long retired so the OL is definitely improved in that sense. The Bears aren't obligated to trot him out there to embarrass himself and the OL anymore. There was no immediate way to improve OL other than getting bounce back years from Leno and Massie since their contracts negate their potential replacement.

DaGrizzler

Liked Posts:
"All The Changes"

They fired a super respected OL to bring in another experienced guy, that is probably a push.

How do you know it is a push? Are you on the staff?

They added a couple of vet min busts.

How do you know they will be busts on the Bears? Quite often people need a change of system/scenery in order to flourish. Perhaps the staff on the Bears believe this to be the case.

Bars is a long shot to be anything. He could not beat out Coward who was a mess last season.

If what you say is the opinion of the staff that knows him best, he would be gone by now.

Patience grasshopper give some time to let things play out, not everything will turn out negative.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nick Foles is a statue. Do not change your tune week 1 when he is getting beat around and we still cannot run the ball.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was well said, that they didn't have the capital to address all needs, so something would have to give based on how the boards fell. Sadly drafting OL for good value wasn't there & other needs were well met (arguably TBD I get it).

Note that Bars was an UDFA!!

Say what you will, but Pace seems to bring in a starter via UDFA every other year...hopefully every year now if Bars takes over at RG. Small school, past injury, something they hope to coach up & fix...whatever the reason for the drop...UDFAs are free money.

Let's hope & pray they hit after this draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They actually did. We have a new O-line Coach with experience in Nagy’s scheme, a healthy Bars, and added Ifedi and Spriggs. Our other returners played great in 2018 telling me it was more of a coaching/scheme issue in 2019 which has been addressed.

You fired the coach that had them playing good in 2018.

Nagy is in charge of the scheme that did not change, even if he threw some guys under the bus.

Bars, Ifedi, and Spriggs are not good.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
That's not happing for two more years.

Yay!
I think it will happen right away. We have what we need to be average right now. The new oline coach and blocking scheme can take effect right away, we should see a difference by game one. I'm not saying we can be great but we can be average to OK.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
2019 OL is Bad-Add 2 Busts

2019 CB is Good-Add 4 guys including 2nd and 5th round picks

Really odd resource allocation.

I’m not sure what the thought process is but pace and Nagy must have huge faith in bars or someone to come in and be a player week 1 at the guard position. It’s the only explanation for why ifedi was added. If he was added to be a day 1 starter this line is in deep shit.

Must also have to do with scheme or coaching as spriggs is not an upgrade to our trash tackles.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trent Williams is now off the table.

Was he worth a 3rd & a 5th?? For Bears, that woulda been a 2nd & 4th from 2021 to patch that hole. I was raising the question of getting him yesterday on a back-loaded 2 year deal (even drunkenly called him Trent Richardson a few times ?)
Was hoping no others would pony up so he'd come on the cheap.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#228 LACHAVIOUS SIMMONS, G

No draft profile on NFL.com ?‍♂️

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
2 G's that could've been had undrafted...

Pace never sleeps!