We in the middle of Trestman 2.0

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been figured out. He needs to get this offense on track or it’s done.

Last year trubisky was the problem. Plain and simple. Last year we saw guys running WIDE open and trubisky would sail it. How many times last year did we see Gabriel or Miller open with all the room in the world.

So far through two games we have not seen the separation of last year. Guys on the other team know what to expect.

The run game and the O line are also a huge problem. The bears had what, 6 chances today to punch it in from the goal line? The couldn’t move anybody. The TD was lucky. On the play before the TD there was a gap for Montgomery to run through but burton came across late and got in the way. It’s the same shit we saw Braunecker do 2-3 times in week 1, and they only ran the ball 14 times that week! Nobody on offense outside of Allen robinson looks like they have a damn clue.

The offense has no identity. It looks like a team that tries to do everything well and in turn they do nothing well. We don’t need gadget plays every set of downs.

I’ll give some credit that the packers defense actually looks legitimate this year, and Fangio and the Denver defense is an absolute brutal match up week 2 on the road. However, it’s a shit show. Nagy needs to real it in and cut out the cute shit. Stop trying to be an offensive guru and just run what works.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I do think we’ve played two good Defences and that hasn’t helped, but the Offence hasn’t looked good. I think the biggest issue is the lack of any kind of vertical or even intermediate passing game.

It seems Nagy doesn’t trust Trubisky with the longer ball, which means Defences are stacking the box and sitting on top of the shorter stuff he likes to use (too much) and resulting in 3rd and longs. Then he has to try to pass but into a Defence which is expecting it.

Robinson is a really, really good receiver and on the occasions we go longer it seems to be relying on him to win the jump ball, but when we were in that hot streak for the Offence last year, we were using Gabriel’s speed to stretch the field and pick up big chunk plays.

It seems like we have stopped doing that, but we do have the speed to do it. He needs to give his QB some freedom, and see if he is the man to take us forward.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I do think we’ve played two good Defences and that hasn’t helped,

No excuse. 0 passing TDs and only 19 points in 2 whole games averaging 9.5 points per game is trash. Period. Only an elite generational defense could hold up enough to limp that offensive output to the playoffs in ANY given year let alone 2019.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Too early to say Trestman 2.0 (and Nagy will probably never lose his locker room to that degree even if we lose out)

But it's a legit concern and not an unreasonable position as to the worst-case scenario here.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
In the offseason, they had people convinced we'd be putting 30+ up per game. Things are just not working. There are so many problems on offense. It's a comedy of errors!

We had one play yesterday where it seemed like everyone did their job. The big run by Patterson. I've been expecting our offense to play like that way more than it has.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy has been figured out. He needs to get this offense on track or it’s done.

Last year trubisky was the problem. Plain and simple. Last year we saw guys running WIDE open and trubisky would sail it. How many times last year did we see Gabriel or Miller open with all the room in the world.

So far through two games we have not seen the separation of last year. Guys on the other team know what to expect.

The run game and the O line are also a huge problem. The bears had what, 6 chances today to punch it in from the goal line? The couldn’t move anybody. The TD was lucky. On the play before the TD there was a gap for Montgomery to run through but burton came across late and got in the way. It’s the same shit we saw Braunecker do 2-3 times in week 1, and they only ran the ball 14 times that week! Nobody on offense outside of Allen robinson looks like they have a damn clue.

The offense has no identity. It looks like a team that tries to do everything well and in turn they do nothing well. We don’t need gadget plays every set of downs.

I’ll give some credit that the packers defense actually looks legitimate this year, and Fangio and the Denver defense is an absolute brutal match up week 2 on the road. However, it’s a shit show. Nagy needs to real it in and cut out the cute shit. Stop trying to be an offensive guru and just run what works.

Please do tell what plays he should run? Because frankly I'm not seeing much of anything that works.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No we are not dude, just shut up.

Trestman lost the team, here we have a HC realizing his QB can't run an NFL offense.

Such a lazy over generalization.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Trestman lost the team, here we have a HC realizing his QB can't run an NFL offense.

Nagy is of course worlds better than Trestman when it comes to many things. However, there’s this idea that the offense is failing only because of trubisky. I agree trubisky has been bad, and he’s shown no progress from where he ended last year. Trubisky is a problem, but he is not THE problem. There are loads of problems. The entire offense is a mess outside of A Rob.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I think he means the one-year offensive wonder that comes and is productive in first year and then disappears a la Chip Kelley, Trestman, June Jones (maybe from my memory?) etc.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is Lovie Smith 2.0

-Great defense
-Mediocre offense
-Inconsistent and mediocre QB
-Coach is loved in the locker room

So we should expect to make the playoffs 1/3-4 years and then have our QB cost us a chance at a Super Bowl.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy drank his own kool-aid and it rubbed off on the whole offense. We've been sloppy, inept and lackluster. It is a matter of time before this team eats itself alive.

Winter is coming.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy drank his own kool-aid and it rubbed off on the whole offense. We've been sloppy, inept and lackluster. It is a matter of time before this team eats itself alive.

Winter is coming.

That is my fear. At some point the defense is going to turn. Probably on Trubisky as Nagy seems to have more respect.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
EarlyAmusingKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

I can't seem to find any other GIFs but I recall 3-4 of these last year. WIDE OPEN guys that Trubisky just absolutely sailed it on. I have not seen any vertical shots so far this year and if there have been there certainly haven't been wide the fuck open guys like this.

HidP5b.gif

How about this terrible throw by trubisky but the separation is there. These type of short pass plays don't seem to be there, and this is in some ways similar to how Trestman ran his offense and it was completely squashed year 2. The 'free' short routes are being taken away.

hTPh8x.gif

Terrible pass to a wide the fuck open ARob. Maybe its because I don't see the all 22 but again this is not something i've seen this year.

1-8Rz7.gif

Incredibly clean pocket and a deep shot down the field with a huge overthrow. Not something I've seen this year.

(IMGs ripped from an Adipost breakdown https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-inaccuracies-of-mako-mitch.67910/ feel free to revisit)

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
AnxiousImaginaryFanworms-size_restricted.gif

How about we use this guy some more?

trubisky_TD.gif

I mean just wide TF open.

HandyLeanGermanshorthairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

Look at how wide open Miller gets. What is the deal with this? Are there guys like this that Trubisky is just down right missing this year? Are the guys just not getting this open? Is the coverage not there? Has Nagy been figured out? Is he just not calling this stuff this year?This type of free stuff and separation just down right doesn't seem to be there from the looks I have seen.

Obviously in the NFL you don't get that wide open very often, and Trubisky needs to hit guys with the little separation they get, but last year it felt like Nagy was out scheming everyone. This year it doesn't feel that way at all.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy is of course worlds better than Trestman when it comes to many things. However, there’s this idea that the offense is failing only because of trubisky. I agree trubisky has been bad, and he’s shown no progress from where he ended last year. Trubisky is a problem, but he is not THE problem. There are loads of problems. The entire offense is a mess outside of A Rob.

There are so many people here that just think if we plugged in Chad Kelly or Josh Rosen or Ryan Fitzpatrick that this offense would take off. Lol.

If they end up dumping Trubisky and bringing in someone else, I would not be surprised to see the same issues rear their ugly head. You gotta start at the top here. Nagy needs to change first and foremost.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is Lovie Smith 2.0

-Great defense
-Mediocre offense
-Inconsistent and mediocre QB
-Coach is loved in the locker room

So we should expect to make the playoffs 1/3-4 years and then have our QB cost us a chance at a Super Bowl.
That sounds about right... :(

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
This team as a whole is Lovie smith but I’m strictly talking about the offense. The offense has taken a serious step backwards and Mitch deserves a finger pointed his way, as do many other people.