We just drafted the 28th graded prospect...

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears got DJ Moore + Wright in the 2023 draft. That’s a huge win for Fields.
And another 1st, that we will all be excited about seeing, next year.

The dust is still far from settling on the trade.

Total assets acquired are Moore, Wright, a 2023 2nd, a 2024 first, a 2024 4th, and a 2025 2nd.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I got quoted in this thread but don’t see it. Pepperidge Farms remembers when Jenkins was the RT of the future but look, guys, good teams are built through trenches

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The big concerns I have read is that he doesn't have NFL foot speed and can really get beat by fast edge players.

If Bears find a starter we will be okay. Just really disappointed we didn't get a premium position in the top 10.
I implore you to stop reading and watch someone who knows what they're talking about break his film down. While he does have some reps on tape where his feet are heavy ( mostly while trying to anchor) his foot speed and agility is ridiculous for a man his size. Movement skills are a non issue. Explosive jump sets are a non issue.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
And another 1st, that we will all be excited about seeing, next year.

The dust is still far from settling on the trade.

Total assets acquired are Moore, Wright, a 2023 2nd, a 2024 first, a 2024 4th, and a 2025 2nd.

Moore, Jalen CARTER, a 2023 2nd, 2024 first, and a 2025 2nd.

Thats sexy!!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Would have thought we would take a hard look at Carter. I think when PJJ went off thr board early our plans got foiled

This is where we have the proof the meatballs are all mad.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Bears drafted a tackle.

It doesn't matter that the tackle is likely someone who will start for 10 seasons and we won't have to worry about him.

This is because we have meatballs who are fans of the team who only wants defense and are mad that the Bears passed up on a player who has serious question marks and questions about his drive in order to take a sure thing.

They are just bitching to bitch.

Reactions: Myk

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Bears drafted a tackle.

It doesn't matter that the tackle is likely someone who will start for 10 seasons and we won't have to worry about him.

This is because we have meatballs who are fans of the team who only wants defense and are mad that the Bears passed up on a player who has serious question marks and questions about his drive in order to take a sure thing.

You should stick to comcast customer service calls

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Can you just stop talking? Last season you called Velus Jones Devin Hester. You said the Bears had a ball hawking secondary when the prior 2 years the only guy who had any ball production was Brisker. You called Justin Fields a bust without ever even watching him in college and the second the Bears drafted him you did a complete 180.

Who are you trying to fool, us or yourself?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The big concerns I have read is that he doesn't have NFL foot speed and can really get beat by fast edge players.

If Bears find a starter we will be okay. Just really disappointed we didn't get a premium position in the top 10.

Uhh, online is as premium of a position anywhere across the line as those premium dline positions you wanted. They literally play against each other the whole game for the whole season.

I guess you just get more excited when we sack a QB of a team we have little hope of beating more than you get unplussed at watching our QB take the most sacks in a season we have no hope of winning. That is the only possible reason you can think dline>>>>>>>oline.
You're just used to being a fan of such a suck ass team for so long you take any win you can make up.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

i don't think people are bitching to bitch....Reif was not great but acceptable last season, our head coach says the 3 tech is most important part of his D, we had a potentially great one and passed on him.......and the D got smoked all last year. The scouting reports on Wright are not all glowing. There's a reason left tackles and edges make more cash......Poles basically spent a premium pick on a safe volvo while everyone else is Ferrari hunting.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
i don't think people are bitching to bitch....Reif was not great but acceptable last season, our head coach says the 3 tech is most important part of his D, we had a potentially great one and passed on him.......and the D got smoked all last year. The scouting reports on Wright are not all glowing. There's a reason left tackles and edges make more cash......Poles basically spent a premium pick on a safe volvo while everyone else is Ferrari hunting.

The problem I have is that this is what some people are actually thinking.

And the people who think that way are too dense to understand that while the exterior may look like a Ferrari for the car they wanted, on the interior the engine may have been replaced with that of a pinto. And none of them care because on the outside it looks like the Ferrari they want it.

Meanwhile the general manager actually took the cars out for a test drive and has a far better clue on how each one drives.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields T1 with Russell Wilson for being sacked the most in 2022. (55!) I love this pick.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
28th rated? by who?
I follow a ton of mocks, and I rarely saw him picked before 20. He could be a pro-bowler, he could be a bust. None of us know. The majority of professionals in this business had him with a lower grade and that is all I can say.

The general feeling to me is that we reached. And when you intentionally put yourself at #9, that should not happen.

Regardless there is alot of draft left to go. Hoping Poles drafts some talent here in round 2.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wright is a a second round talent in a normal draft. They blew it like usual. I bet Howie Roseman couldn’t even sleep last night they were laughing so hard at us.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears kinda nailed this pick. Wright has the makings of an elite Tristan Wirfs level RT.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
He gave up zero sacks in the toughest league, including dominating the first position player taken tonight.
Holy fuck I didn’t know that. Not one person should complain about this