We never deserved to win this game

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Anyone that knows anything about football knows that too. We could not control the LOS on either side of the ball. When we ran it, we got stonewalled. When we defended the run, they were at the 2nd level before we could get a hand on the RB. Carr had all day to throw too. The ONLY reason we were in this game was because the Raiders gave us 7 free points and then decided to not take another 7 points by fumbling the ball on the 1 when they would have ran it in with ease like they did 3 other times.

I don't know if it was playing in London but I have to believe that was as good of a reason as I can think of. We have not been that bad on the DL since probably 2015 or so. I could go back 40-50 games and not see us get manhandled like that on the defensive front.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
You can't win a football game playing one half. Margin of error goes out the window. This one is on whoever decided to show up on Thursday instead of getting to London on Monday. These are games contenders don't lose and pretenders do.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Raiders first round draft pick got better while the Bears 2nd rd pick got worse. Terrible course of events!

Rise

Liked Posts:
You nailed it, game starts up front. D-line I’ll chalk it up to the moronic decision to arrive on Friday. O-line is always bad and it just made it even worse.

That said our defense is now 0 for its last 3 games when needing to stop a TD to secure the game. Eagles, Broncos, and now Raiders. The way our team is built and where the money is these are games that we should win, it’s becoming a problem.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have any of you traveled? 6 hours is not a big deal. If you are worried about it, show up on Friday. Stay up late. Get up late. You don’t have to conform to the sun hours. This isn’t vacation.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Hicks wasn't needed last week at home with the team's full attention.

He was desparately needed today with the whole defense unfocused and lazy to open things up.

Meanwhile, it was the status quo on the OL. Same dreadful regressive play we've seen all season. I haven't soured so much on a coach more than I have Harry Hiestand. I didn't expect a good unit, but I expected better than this.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone that knows anything about football knows that too. We could not control the LOS on either side of the ball. When we ran it, we got stonewalled. When we defended the run, they were at the 2nd level before we could get a hand on the RB. Carr had all day to throw too. The ONLY reason we were in this game was because the Raiders gave us 7 free points and then decided to not take another 7 points by fumbling the ball on the 1 when they would have ran it in with ease like they did 3 other times.

I don't know if it was playing in London but I have to believe that was as good of a reason as I can think of. We have not been that bad on the DL since probably 2015 or so. I could go back 40-50 games and not see us get manhandled like that on the defensive front.
Teams win every week that didn't deserve to.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Have any of you traveled? 6 hours is not a big deal. If you are worried about it, show up on Friday. Stay up late. Get up late. You don’t have to conform to the sun hours. This isn’t vacation.

You are right. It's not vacation. It's 3 hrs where guys are probably burning 3000 calories. That's tough on the body both physically and mentally already. Getting there late was clearly a mistake. The first half proved it.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Gals

Gruden said earlier this week that his major fault from last year was showing up late.

Bears ignored this fact.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Are you fucking stupid? Is not the travel time, it’s the change Of time zones! Have you ever been to Europe? You’re a fucking zombie the first 3-4 days, until you aclimate to the new time zone.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Are you fucking stupid? Is not the travel time, it’s the change Of time zones! Have you ever been to Europe? You’re a fucking zombie the first 3-4 days, until you aclimate to the new time zone.

But why wouldn't they just stay on central time? Game is at 12 noon CST. No need to acclimate.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are right. It's not vacation. It's 3 hrs where guys are probably burning 3000 calories. That's tough on the body both physically and mentally already. Getting there late was clearly a mistake. The first half proved it.
No shit Sherlock. I travel to Australia 4 times a year and to Ethiopia 2-3 as well (for work, not vacation). I wasn’t talking about travel time. 6 hours isn’t shit.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No shit Sherlock. I travel to Australia 4 times a year and to Ethiopia 2-3 as well (for work, not vacation). I wasn’t talking about travel time. 6 hours isn’t shit.

And your work probably consists of meetings and going out to eat while meeting people there. You are not playing a physical game where every little bit makes a difference.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there is no such thing as a "deserved win"

the whole idea is stupid

you win or you don't. nobody deserves a damn thing beyond exactly what happens on the field

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
I traveled constantly for over 16 years as an Air Force aircrew member. it is really not that big of a deal to fly from the States to the UK. Now when I went from the States to the Middle East it was a little rough and then coming home could mess me up sometimes. But here to Europe was nothing. My job was not sitting in meetings either. This jet lag shit is overblown.