Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same way you don't fight in a war but say we when describing your side in battle. In a game that takes most of it's terms from military actions, just feels right
blitz
bomb
dead zone
red zone
encroachment
gunner
Hail Mary
neutral zone
Pistol formation
Shooting the gap etc
Shotgun
Field general
Bullet
enemy territory
aerial attack
ground assault...

Collins77

Liked Posts:
When you refer to WW2 dont you usually say "we won"? I'm sure you weren't storming beaches. Why do you say we ? Same thing, its the premise of being a fan, the inclusion and connection you have with the organization.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Well crap.....guess ya beat me to it.
Same way you don't fight in a war but say we when describing your side in battle. In a game that takes most of it's terms from military actions, just feels right
blitz
bomb
dead zone
red zone
encroachment
gunner
Hail Mary
neutral zone
Pistol formation
Shooting the gap etc
Shotgun
Field general
Bullet
enemy territory
aerial attack
ground assault...

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every fan is a member of the team. Their job is to help influence the game through emotion and sound. They’re literally the 4th phase of the team when the games are being played. Seattle even refers to them as “the 12 man”. They can cause false starts, delay of game penalties and disrupt the opposing team’s communication.

And most importantly, they bankroll the entire team.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I consciously try to avoid saying we but when I am typing I catch myself doing it. It is because people are emotionally invested, it’s understandable.

Usually the ones who call out the “we” spent to much time listening to AM Radio this week.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I always see bears fans refer to the bears as "we". "we should draft x player" or "we will win x game". Why is that? Why use "we" if you don't work for the bears organization?

Not saying you aren't a Bears fan but maybe you just aren't into being a Bears fan, or any sports team really, as much as the people who say we are if you don't understand why some, including me, say we when talking about their team.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you refer to WW2 dont you usually say "we won"? I'm sure you weren't storming beaches. Why do you say we ? Same thing, its the premise of being a fan, the inclusion and connection you have with the organization.
Depends, for instance my father received a Korean conflict medal even though the conflict resolved two months after he joined up. He was never in Korea during the conflict.

And by we, we, in this manner, refers to Americans, in general. And the argument is, without American intervention the vast majority of the world would be speaking either Japanese or German. Currently.

Also, do we really give a shit?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always see bears fans refer to the bears as "we". "we should draft x player" or "we will win x game". Why is that? Why use "we" if you don't work for the bears organization?
Thank you for this. The correct answer is that 90% of bears fans are branedead low IQ meatballs and think they are part of the team lmao.

Fucking losers.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Why does a coach say we need to play better or that we played well if they aren't actually on the field playing the game?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Anyone worried about someone using the word we when referring to their favorite sports team is probably dealing with a superiority complex in a relatively meaningless life.