Weather

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the "Bear Weather" mantra is more for the fans than anyone else. Don't think it has any effect on the players anymore, especially with the ones from considerably warmer climates, as some already mentioned.

I saw reports from the Weather Channel that were calling it a 90 percent chance there were going to be tornadoes on Sunday with this storm system. I've never seen anything quite like that before.

But it does beg this question: Why didn't they move the game to a 3:15 start?

I thought the same thing about making it a late game..But it worked to our advantage..Bears played much better after the break

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, I for one feel guilty for sitting at home on my couch (in Chicago) during the storm now.

Excellent chastisement. (I also didn't see anyone in the game thread or anywhere else make any comments about this being "bear weather" -- were you one of the drunk fans?)

Bearsfanfillereste

Liked Posts:
Lightning is not something to joke around with.

Also for perspective here's the tornado damage path that hit washinton illinois.
BZXsBe-CMAAVPTU.jpg:large

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cmon Ommy...people died in that storm..back off man

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its gonna be cold for sure...I heard anywhere from 7 degrees to about 15....Cant say about the wind

edit..Just looked...Yahoo has it at 2 degrees for tomorrow..Winds at 23 mph

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Temperatures will be falling rapidly. It will be windy. THere may be snow.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
That just means Cutler is screwed. Weather affects us more than anyone.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why do you hope its cold and windy? so all of us who actually go to the games freeze their asses off

nihilism

Liked Posts:
Its gonna be cold for sure...I heard anywhere from 7 degrees to about 15....Cant say about the wind

edit..Just looked...Yahoo has it at 2 degrees for tomorrow..Winds at 23 mph
Who do you think this helps more?? Rodgers is just getting over a broken collarbone and hasn't faced any real contact in almost 2 months - I'm not sure how he can possibly be very sharp in weather like that - especially early on... If the Bears D can find the heart and passion that has been missing all year (a HUGE question), and just slow down Lacy somehow, I think the Bears have a really good chance to win this game. But they need to pounce early because the more the game progresses, the more comfortable and sharp Rodgers is going to get.....