Week 10 Game Review - who's to blame? (hint: Nagy's offense)

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drive 1: Miller is open but Foles is indecisive and double clutches before throwing the ball resulting in it being high and behind causing the INT

Gif link

millerint.PNG

Drive 2: Stalls in the redzone...

1st and goal - mental mistake by Foles trying to force it to Graham. Should of gone immediately to Patterson.
pattersonwideopen.PNG

2nd and goal - wasted play by Lazor running outside zone with Patterson

3rd and goal - Foles makes the same mistake he made on first down, predetermining his throw and missing a wide open Mooney right where the blitz is coming from for what should of been an easy 6.
mooneywideopen2.PNG

Drive 3: 3rd and 4 from just over midfield and forced to punt because Ifedi sucks and doesn't pick up the right guy.
1605632439980.png

Drive 4: After Mack's INT sets the offense up at the Minnesota 45 and a big play by Miller gets us down to the Minny 24 we get this sequence....

1st down run by Nall for no gain.
2nd down pass to Nall incomplete.
3rd down flood concept with 3 WRs lined up on the short side of the field, Foles rolls out right and throws a wounded duck prayer to 2 WR's who are virtually in the same spot. (Sweet route design Nagy!)
1605632767687.png

Halftime!

Patterson returns the kickoff for a TD!

Drive 5: Forced to punt because Foles throws a touch pass to ARob instead of the frozen rope that was required to complete the pass.

Drive 6: Just an all around terrible sequence.

1st down dump off to Lamar Miller for -1.
2nd down Patterson botched handoff fumble run for 1 yard.
3rd down blitz turned jailbreak turned back foot wouned duck turned near interception that lands 3 yards short of ARob.

1605633762819.png
1605633899481.png

Drive 7: Ends on 3rd and 6 when Foles predetermines he wants to go to ARob thinking he's got 1 on 1 coverage and when it turns out to be 2 on 1 he eats a sack instead of hitting Mooney who's wide open.
1605634057026.png

Drive 8: Another 3 and out. Vikings predictably blitz our stupid tight formation, nobody open besides Patterson who has his back to the ball, Foles gets crushed to the head and naturally the refs miss the call because it's the Bears.
1605634464035.png

Drive 9: Ends on 3rd and 5 because our coaches apparently think Ifedi is capable of getting out there in time to make the block for ARob. It's insane how awful this team is at running screen passes. They literally never work. Not sure how the fuck you expect to run a "KC offense" with a screen game this bad. Hilarious.
1605634958830.png

Not even going to bother with the Bray drive at the end.

In conclusion this L falls squarely on Foles for continuing to play like dogshit, Lazor for proving he's just as bad at calling plays, and Nagy for orchestrating this dumpster fire of an "system" that can't block, run, or pass the ball with any effectiveness.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
80% offense
20% Bears D not being able to get off the field before allowing MN to take a long drive

Outside of Eddie Jackson repeatedly making business decisions instead of tackles and Robert Quinn being invisible I can't really put much blame on the defense. It's unrealistic to expect theme to hold up and play perfect when they get literally zero help from an offense that does nothing but go 3 and out all game and settle for FGs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yep - Foles was under pressure but he failed to make the pre snap reads. Mooney was open once again for multiple touchdowns. The play Mooney was open in the goal line should have been changed at the line to go to Robinson who was one on one and was wide open for a TD.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Foles whiffed so much it was incredible. if that was a Lazor offense, then the resemblance to a Nagy called offense was quite... the same. if they were a civilized unit they would be running on first down. not throwing the ball sideways for no gain to Patterson or a loss. it's just like the Adam Gase offense all over again, wasted downs and too much of the cute plays. to Patterson's credit though I guess, he did have some key plays. he's basically Devin Hester, he's on the field, you know it's going there. that's why he gets creamed in the backfield frequently behind the porous offensive line composed of the whole practice squad now.

core difference to the Gase era though, I didn't see any false starts last night that I recall. so I guess that problem was shored up at least!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL what does Rashaad Coward do well.

Foles whiffed so much it was incredible. if that was a Lazor offense, then the resemblance to a Nagy called offense was quite... the same. if they were a civilized unit they would be running on first down. not throwing the ball sideways for no gain to Patterson or a loss. it's just like the Adam Gase offense all over again, wasted downs and too much of the cute plays. to Patterson's credit though I guess, he did have some key plays. he's basically Devin Hester, he's on the field, you know it's going there. that's why he gets creamed in the backfield frequently behind the porous offensive line composed of the whole practice squad now.

core difference to the Gase era though, I didn't see any false starts last night that I recall. so I guess that problem was shored up at least!

It's the same fucking playbook, what do you expect?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forgot the 4th down miss to Miller. Mooney is wide open for the easy 1st down but Needle Dick Nick wants big play... ?‍♂️
1605637501256.png

mecha

Liked Posts:
LOL what does Rashaad Coward do well.

It's the same fucking playbook, what do you expect?

I didn't expect much actually. Lazor is just a shell/fall guy, remember? that being said, yes, it's the same playbook, it doesn't mean you have to call the same exact plays, do you?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
There was a whole thread started and full of CCS potatoes blaming Miller for that pick?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1605647183089.png1605647230447.png
So I really don't get Nagy's play designs. How can there be repeated instances of multiple Bears players converging to the pass mesh point? These are just 2 examples.

On the very first play of the game there was a naked WR screen ( can a WR screen be naked and don't even get me started about running that play as the first play of the game), that Miller tackled Mooney on. The second play was an INT where Kmet and some WR smashed into each other and fell down,Saturday morning cartoons style.

This is what worries me about Trubisky. I am not advocating for keeping him around, but I can read, but if you give me a Farsi book written in the Arabic I will look illiterate.

Attachments

• 1605647098732.png
    1605647098732.png
    734.8 KB · Views: 4

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1605647262649.png
I know this is a still shot, but I am confused. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that all of the Bears offensive lineman have shuffled back between 4 and 7 yards from the line of scrimmage , the Viking DE is 9 yards deep to the LOS, yet not one WR/TE has even made it 5 yards up field and Patterson is stil l3 yards behind the line though they all seem to be running at top speed. What is happening here?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
80% offense
20% Bears D not being able to get off the field before allowing MN to take a long drive
I think the defense has checked out. They’ve had their moments in previous games but last night were completely lost. No communication, lack of assignments, horrible tackling by the DBs, etc. Im so sick of Eddie Jackson trash talking without backing it up

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know this is a still shot, but I am confused. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that all of the Bears offensive lineman have shuffled back between 4 and 7 yards from the line of scrimmage , the Viking DE is 9 yards deep to the LOS, yet not one WR/TE has even made it 5 yards up field and Patterson is stil l3 yards behind the line though they all seem to be running at top speed. What is happening here?

I know right, it's a total clown show...

Here's the first play of the game you mentioned...
1605647777965.png

1605647932641.png

Animated GIF

People can blame Lazor for calling the play but the root problem is it being in Nagy's playbook in the first place. In what universe does this play have a chance of being successful? This play has literally zero chance of being successful even if Miller doesn't get blown the fuck up like a rag doll.

Same with the 3rd and 5 screen pass to ARob at the end of the game. The fact that this play is even in the playbook tells me Nagy has no clue what he's doing and cares more about his "system" then putting his players in positions to be successful.
1605648725520.png
Throwing a screen pass 5 yards behind the LOS and asking ARob to break tackles is a criminal misuse of his skillset.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I know right, it's a total clown show...

View attachment 8546
Throwing a screen pass 5 yards behind the LOS and asking ARob to break tackles is a criminal misuse of his skillset.
Can you imagine what AR is saying to himself when this play is called? And how many $M's is Nagy costing him with this performance in his contract year?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
How is it the play callers fault if they consistently have wide open receivers and the quarterback determines where he's going to throw before he snaps the ball? Foles and Trubisky both do this. They constantly miss open receivers because they stare at one guy. This is the definition of bad quarterback play. For two years there have been wide open receivers and whoever is playing quarterback consistently makes the wrong read.

I'm not saying play calling is perfect by any means, but I struggle to see what kind of offense they're supposed to be running or what kind of play calling would make a difference when you've got horrible quarterbacks, bad offensive line play and terrible running backs. Is there some kind of magic play or formation that can overcome the staggering lack of talent on offense?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm not saying play calling is perfect by any means, but I struggle to see what kind of offense they're supposed to be running or what kind of play calling would make a difference when you've got horrible quarterbacks, bad offensive line play and terrible running backs. Is there some kind of magic play or formation that can overcome the staggering lack of talent on offense?
I would be favor in plays that aren't designed for the WR's to run into each other. But I am open to other ideas.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Forgot the 4th down miss to Miller. Mooney is wide open for the easy 1st down but Needle Dick Nick wants big play... ?‍♂️
View attachment 8530
totally brutal. Nick been doing this at a higher rate than Mitchell had.

There was a whole thread started and full of CCS potatoes blaming Miller for that pick?
They're idiots, that shit pisses me off and yet they'll still will believe it's Miller's fault. it was clear AF that Nick overthrew the ball, ESPN replayed it 3 times with two different angles.