Weird sentimental items?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone else have any bizarre items you will not part with no matter what?

Mine is this chicken picture.
When I was 15, I worked for el pollo asado.
One night right at close, the owner comes in and tells us all he is closing our location.
I immediately stood up, walked over to the wall, grabbed the picture and told him "this is mine now".

Since that point, it has hung in every place I have ever lived.
Screenshot_20200524-153133_Gallery.jpg

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
F80FE054-64FA-4B70-A1BC-59D1608629B3.jpeg

this picture has been in one of my families homes for as long as I can remember. I got it from my mom when she passed.

Last edited:

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yours is quite a bit classier than mine.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Anyone else have any bizarre items you will not part with no matter what?

Mine is this chicken picture.
When I was 15, I worked for el pollo asado.
One night right at close, the owner comes in and tells us all he is closing our location.
I immediately stood up, walked over to the wall, grabbed the picture and told him "this is mine now".

Since that point, it has hung in every place I have ever lived.
View attachment 5642

Nice thread, I will have to think about this as there are a few random things that have survived my many moves one that consisted of everything I owned going into a car. Yet, there are still some things that will always stick around forever. Now that I am older there are a lot of more recent things that I couldn't see getting rid of but I am not sure they qualify.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nice thread, I will have to think about this as there are a few random things that have survived my many moves one that consisted of everything I owned going into a car. Yet, there are still some things that will always stick around forever. Now that I am older there are a lot of more recent things that I couldn't see getting rid of but I am not sure they qualify.

I have just a small handful of items that have been around forever, never used but always kept.
None of them as odd as the chicken picture though. All the rest actually could be useful.
The chicken pic serves nompurpose other than makes me laugh.

Plus, everytime anyone sees it, I can see them wondering why I would have it. I rarely explain it, I just let them wonder.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have an old Bears hat, almost 20 years old now.

Quick backstory: My Dad had season tickets thru the 2001 season, then had to abandon them because of the seating license fee. In 2001 I went to every home game with him, and during one of the games the people sitting in front of us were out of towners and the guy bought a brand new Bears hat for the game.

The game in question was week 7 against the 49ers, the first of two OT wins by Mike Brown.

The people in front of us decided to bail early, and the guy gave me his hat on the way out.

After the OT win I decided it was a lucky hat.

The following week, again an OT win by Mike Brown, it was decided that the hat was divine lol.

It became the only hat I wore for like 7 years basically.

Once it became worn out enough I stopped wearing it and now it hangs from my TV downstairs awaiting the day the Bears figger it the fuck out.

I have a dream the Bears win the Super Bowl in OT via a defensive TD while I'm wearing it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Quick backstory: My Dad had season tickets thru the 2001 season, then had to abandon them because of the seating license fee. In 2001 I went to every home game with him, and during one of the games the people sitting in front of us were out of towners and the guy bought a brand new Bears hat for the game.

The game in question was week 7 against the 49ers, the first of two OT wins by Mike Brown.

The people in front of us decided to bail early, and the guy gave me his hat on the way out.

The following week, again an OT win by Mike Brown, it was decided that the hat was divine lol.

Once it became worn out enough I stopped wearing it and now it hangs from my TV downstairs awaiting the day the Bears figger it the fuck out.

I have a dream the Bears win the Super Bowl in OT via a defensive TD while I'm wearing it.

That actually reminds me of one thing that I have had forever. I have a super bowl XX cap. I am not even sure where I got it. If it was a present or if I bought it myself, I was eight when the Bears won the super bowl, all I know is that it has been with me on every move. I am not even sure if it is the official super bowl champion hat, it could be a knock off.

I don't ever wear it, it just sits in the closet, but I have no plans to get rid of it either.

I will post up a picture of it later. Maybe some of you will know more about it if it is the real deal or not.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Here is that hat I mentioned.

Again I am not even sure it is legit, but it has traveled some miles for sure. I don't wear it and haven't forever, but based on the tags I wore it for awhile at least. Now it is a closet queen. The fact that is says 1986 champions makes me wonder if it was some cheapo knockoff, that would be cool as well, although it does reference super bowl 20. They did win the game in 86 I suppose. Anyway, enjoy, and let me know what you think. Oh, it is a snap back.

12778.jpg
12773.jpeg12776.jpeg

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
20190705_211637.jpg

I was hiking back up the Grand Canyon and nature called, so I went a dozen paces off the trail and saw this sign half buried in the dirt. I took it as a souvenir, but always thought it weird that it is all in French.

This is Arizona, so Spanish would have made some sense, but completely in French just seemed so oddly random. It has hung in the kitchen of every place I have ever lived since. It's basically telling French people that the Arizona heat can literally kill you.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
View attachment 5696

I was hiking back up the Grand Canyon and nature called, so I went a dozen paces off the trail and saw this sign half buried in the dirt. I took it as a souvenir, but always thought it weird that it is all in French.

This is Arizona, so Spanish would have made some sense, but completely in French just seemed so oddly random. It has hung in the kitchen of every place I have ever lived since. It's basically telling French people that the Arizona heat can literally kill you.

My guess- there was a board of many languages at one point and that one fell off when it was moved or whatnot.

My hidden shame is that although I lived in arizona from age 11-18, I have never been to the grand canyon.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Just wait- mike brown will come back as a coach down the road, your dream will happen after a furious speech by him, and the opposing coach, doing an on-field interview with Brian Urlacher, will scream on about "Letting them off the damn hook"