Well be better then expected

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather wait til the next round of cuts and any more vet minimum signings before making any bold predictions but basically: this team is probably better than the national media consensus and worse than optimistic fans see it.
This online is going to be ass for a while. Getsy's play calling and Fields' improvement will help but teams will game plan to stop the run and tee off on 3rd and long.

I think the renewed emphasis on takeaways will keep it close in some games they'd otherwise never have a chance in. Week one with an inexperienced and inaccurate Lance is an example where takeaways coming in bunches could overcome being outmatched otherwise.

I plan on not getting too high after a win or too low after a loss but I think if Fields stays healthy they will have a much better second half of the year when they have learned the offense and the online has some experience.

8-9 with the arrow pointing up and a good shot at a playoff spot in '23.

mecha

Liked Posts:
is the Browns preseason game considered like the old game 3 where the starters play first half? I think I asked that in a thread but probably no one answered it.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Your dreaming but I like it
They do look much better coached that pretty much goes without saying though now that the circus left town
But there are way too many pieces missing for this to be a playoff team imo we won't be seeing the play offs for at least 2 more seasons while the talent level is brought up to snuff
I mean, the last two years, there have been teams in the NFC playoffs that were not playoff teams...including our Bears!

Teams likely to be the 7: Cowboys, Eagles, Packers, Rams, Cards.

I don't include the Buccs anymore, as something is going on there. Maybe Brady has regrets coming back and seeing most of the O-Line gone already.

I mean, if the Bears get enough bounces go their way, it's not out of the question that they could sneak in again like two years ago. But even the Five teams I listed all have questions. There is no slam dunk king on the NFC.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
How is it an issue? Because you don't enjoy it?

Sounds like I've upset you by enjoying sports via gambling.

Unlike this goober 1pmJoeCamel I actually back up my opinions on this team with a monetary wager.
How have you upset me? People are allowed to have opinions without putting wagers on them. That’s why I’m calling you out for having an addiction.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I honestly have no clue what the record will be.

All I want is:

Fields to prove he’s the guy.
The rookies to prove Poles can draft.
Flus to coach this team well.
Kind of already seen all of that in the preseason. But, small sample size and all.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
is the Browns preseason game considered like the old game 3 where the starters play first half? I think I asked that in a thread but probably no one answered it.
Considering the starters have played so little in the first 2 games, I hope so.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think if we stay healthy well be better then any of the talking heads expect. Well coached and motivated with a weak schedule. I can see a wild card. I expect a top 10 defense with a strong run game. Fields will step up and prove he belongs but won't have a breakout year until we get him help. I feel better about this season then I did a few months ago. How about you?
*We'll

Also, you're not on the team.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have consistently said the Bears were going to be better than most people think. I will be sticking with that prediction.

@Noonthirtyjoe @TheWinman notice how I didn't say that I was part of the team. I'm a fan, not an employee. Much like you two.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You attack posters rather than addressing the content--which here is that for too many years fans and the organization have been content to be average--if things go well.
makes me sick