Welp, Jenkins to have back surgery

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys are making a mole out of a mountain hole.

It's just back tightness surgery. Essentially, you make a small incision and just remove that tightness part and the back almost immediately loosens up.

I'd expect him back week 1 (of 2025)

He's trending in the right direction, we expect him back possibly this decade?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone please ask Nagy the "why" behind this?
Yes. I believe that they, as coaches, understand the why’s and that us, as fans, understand the importance of the why’s

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
What a punch in the dick.

But hey, we may have broken the QB curse this draft. The Tackle curse I guess has to remain.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Again, we only have to be better than Leno at LT for the OL to be better than it was. That’s not a tough ask for this season, even with what we have right now. And not one of us actually knows for certain what we have right now. But this is ccs, so….?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again, we only have to be better than Leno at LT for the OL to be better than it was. That’s not a tough ask for this season, even with what we have right now. And not one of us actually knows for certain what we have right now. But this is ccs, so….?
Using multiple picks to trade up in the second round to be "better than Leno". Great move Pace!!!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

They can't even hold practice in pads because of injuries and you're all "this is fine." Unreal.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
STILL..... after all that's happened you STILL believe the coaches? When are you going to realize that Nagy is just a sunshine pumper? I mean for fucks sake man. Please DM your contact info so I can sell you some of my ocean front property in Arizona. (It's real cheap man)

I mean I don't get all emotionally invested like you do over what the coaches say.

I take everything they say with a grain of salt, knowing that their priority is not to give me the most information but instead to protect the player and the team and thus adjust my expectations accordingly.

Even with that, anyone who bothers to learn can pretty much figure out any coaches coach speak and read between the lines to figure out what exactly is going on.

Beyond that, I care more about wins and losses and decisions on the field than I do about a 20 second presser on why a player who's potential we don't even know yet has a bad boo boo.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Pace's 2nd round picks
2015 Eddie Goldman.. started out on a high note
2016 Whitehair.. things still looking good.
2017 Shaheen.. oh god the wheels have fallen off the bus and it exploded killing some kittens
2018 Daniels.. ok
2018 part duex Miller oh god more dead kittens
no pick in 2019
2020 Kmet and Johnson.. jury still out but looks ok
2021 Jenkins.. broken back

HOneslty not as bad as I thought.. batting bout 50% but you have to have a better hit rate in the 2nd round

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They can't even hold practice in pads because of injuries and you're all "this is fine." Unreal.
I call it anti-meatball. These dudes who refuse to get critical or act like there is anything alarming going on because of how meatballs were so known for being outraged over nothing. Over-correcting the Bears fan emotional response.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Relax it's just surgery tightness. Trust in Pace and Nagy.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace's 2nd round picks
2015 Eddie Goldman.. started out on a high note
2016 Whitehair.. things still looking good.
2017 Shaheen.. oh god the wheels have fallen off the bus and it exploded killing some kittens
2018 Daniels.. ok
2018 part duex Miller oh god more dead kittens
no pick in 2019
2020 Kmet and Johnson.. jury still out but looks ok
2021 Jenkins.. broken back

HOneslty not as bad as I thought.. batting bout 50% but you have to have a better hit rate in the 2nd round
Outside of Goldman, and this is probably still questionable, no one is a blue chip player. His ability to find "guys" in the later rounds doesn't make up for his inability to put a strong foundation in place.

Any other ownership would have fired him last year.