What’s happening with Justin Jones?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
At this point, if any Bear has done anything remotely positive, it has been discussed. That said, news on Justin Jones is practically zero. So, is it he’s not getting reps because he is a vet or is he underwhelming. I haven’t noticed a single snap of his. I know Bears first team has been gashed on inside runs. Whether Jones was in the field at the time I can’t say. Anyone have any insight?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s not just Jones it is all of the free agency signings. (Def.)

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
The kid is saving his energy for the regular season

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Judging from the responses seems like we are seeing (or not seeing) the same thing. I think 3T may be the Bears weakest position. Still think they should have put Mario Edwards there. But what do I know.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
At this point, if any Bear has done anything remotely positive, it has been discussed. That said, news on Justin Jones is practically zero. So, is it he’s not getting reps because he is a vet or is he underwhelming. I haven’t noticed a single snap of his. I know Bears first team has been gashed on inside runs. Whether Jones was in the field at the time I can’t say. Anyone have any insight?

jones was never the ideal guy for the 3tech spot, he should be decent but in terms of the bears first team getting gashed on inside runs what game did this happen? jones and first team didnt get gashed on inside runs against chiefs and jones didnt play in game 2 but only big run was by homer and that was off tackle which was shutdown initially but homer reversed field and some missed tackles led to the big run and that was with half the starters playing and others already being pulled.

no doubt poles will be looking at 3 tech's during roster cutdown, coley has potential but not sure he's ready, prob needs a year on the ps.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
jones was never the ideal guy for the 3tech spot, he should be decent but in terms of the bears first team getting gashed on inside runs what game did this happen? jones and first team didnt get gashed on inside runs against chiefs and jones didnt play in game 2 but only big run was by homer and that was off tackle which was shutdown initially but homer reversed field and some missed tackles led to the big run and that was with half the starters playing and others already being pulled.

no doubt poles will be looking at 3 tech's during roster cutdown, coley has potential but not sure he's ready, prob needs a year on the ps.

I seem to remember Homer getting yards up the middle. Good to know Jones sat during the contest. Still, he's been awfully quiet.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
One of the reasons the Bears DL will give up run yards in bunches. He's a poor man's poor man version of Henry Melton that gets injured a lot.
So he's a poor man's poor man version of Henry Melton who was a poor man's version of Tommie Harris

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I seem to remember Homer getting yards up the middle. Good to know Jones sat during the contest. Still, he's been awfully quiet.

I want to see that clip. Homer is basically a below average RB that is best in the passing game or return game. If he had his way then it will be a very long season.

Edit: they actually had it bottled up but gave up a cutback lane and some craptastic tackling.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just so we're all clear, this is meant as a pretty big compliment right?

No. He's a poor man's poor man's poor man version of Tommie Harris.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, don't you remember he played RB in college and had a KR in a preseason game? Melton was a poor man's version of Tarik Cohen.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I want to see that clip. Homer is basically a below average RB that is best in the passing game or return game. If he had his way then it will be a very long season.

Edit: they actually had it bottled up but gave up a cutback lane and some craptastic tackling.
Yea. That’s the play. They had it bottled up but there was so much space at the 3T spot that he scampered out.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There’s been articles written about how well he’s doing in camp. As someone said he didn’t play in game 2.

Doesn’t matter. It’s preseason. Why don’t you worry about him after actually watching a few games that actually matter?