What’s up with the McCaskeys???

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Can you all help me on this? Do the owners care about winning? Or is it just the money? I would think winning games will build a bigger fanbase and more then you will make more money. Are they scared to do the right thing, because they are nice people and don’t want to hurt feelings, or maybe they are too incompetent to run an organization? What are you all thoughts?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think it's better to be lucky than good and the McCaskeys are neither. They fired and hired a number of GM's and coaches the past 10 years and none of them have worked out. Is that because the McCaskeys are incompetent or unlucky? Yes.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Since they fired Michael in the late 90s...they DO care. They do spend the money. They are just God awful at hiring GMs, which in turn hire shitty coaches.

They DO make changes when it's getting embarrassing. And the press is calling for Pace to be fired too.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
They won't do anything cause they have no idea what this team should look like.

Ownership has no plan, no vision for a successful team.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Can you all help me on this? Do the owners care about winning? Or is it just the money? I would think winning games will build a bigger fanbase and more then you will make more money. Are they scared to do the right thing, because they are nice people and don’t want to hurt feelings, or maybe they are too incompetent to run an organization? What are you all thoughts?

* >>>>#82
THIS>>>>#1,244
>>>>#104
>>>#54

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Appears that they only care about the bottom line..As long as the stands are filled and the money rolls in,theyre happy.

stupid and outdated view

Ownership has been throwing money around for a while and has eaten big chunks of contracts from fired coaches going back to Lovie

It's actually worse cause they have shown they are willing to spend money and still keep failing

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
We are evolving into the new Detroit Lions.
No respect, opposing fan bases actually pitying us and announcers joking/mocking the franchise on national TV.
Guess we should learn to deal with it, the McCaskeys have.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Since they fired Michael in the late 90s...they DO care. They do spend the money. They are just God awful at hiring GMs, which in turn hire shitty coaches.

They DO make changes when it's getting embarrassing. And the press is calling for Pace to be fired too.

They don’t make the hires they pay hacks like Ernie arcorsi to do it who happens to be the same guy the lions pay to hire a gm lol

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
At this point all they care about is getting the move to Arlington finalized. The product on the field means very little right now. They get a new stadium and the value of the franchise balloons. The truth is that they will never sell as long as Virginia is alive even though she hasn’t managed anything for decades now.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
They only care about money and the fans are just dupes to be grifted. Simple as that.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The first sign of a business that’s in real trouble is when the accountants are put in charge.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Everything I have heard from people who know them say the mccaskeys do want to win.

However they are a very weird and insular family. They don't have any generational wealth other than the Bears, but are indeed good people, to a fault and that is perhaps part of the problem.

They hail from an era of when a handshake and a word meant something, and run the Bears like a small business.

Compare that to the other teams in the league who have cutthroat owners and aside from their football come from a lot of money, and therefore know how to run large scale operations, and you can see the mccaskeys are not dealing with a full deck.

They just quite simply are too football stupid and completely overmatched. And because of their weirdness and insular ways, they don't even have proper connections in the NFL or have their pulse on what's going on in the NFL to be able to know who might be good for a GM or coaching candidate and who won't be or to do things under the table the way a lot of teams do when going out and hiring a top-end candidate.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
They are counting their cash and laughing at the people buying season tickets and Bears merchandise.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
stupid and outdated view

Ownership has been throwing money around for a while and has eaten big chunks of contracts from fired coaches going back to Lovie

It's actually worse cause they have shown they are willing to spend money and still keep failing
Even stupider view..

They're still making a huge profit. The money keeps rolling in, they're happy