What a difference good coaching make..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fields looked solid. Play design once again was very packer-ish. I'd like to see that TE screen (I know it wouldn't
be a TE screen) get in the hands of VJJ, or even Herbert. Yes, the Bears executed a screen twice.

I appreciate this. Yeah....I definitely wanna see more of Velus.

Here's what they said at NFL.Com. Any thoughts on what they say?

2022 NFL preseason, Week 2: What We Learned from Bears ...

"More of the same for the Bears. Unfortunately, Thursday’s game featured some of the same issues that plagued the Bears’ offense last season. Justin Fields only played one series, but in that drive he ended up scrambling or making dicey short throws, resulting in minimal to no yardage. This can be partially attributed to the lack of protection he was getting from his offensive line, another issue that has carried over from 2021."

" However, one spark of hope came when Fields rolled out of the pocket and made a pretty 19-yard pass to tight end Cole Kmet to extend the drive. The Fields-Kmet connection appeared strong in the limited snaps they played together, as Fields targeted him three times, completing two passes for 31 yards on the first drive. "

-NFL.Com

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

"More of the same for the Bears. Unfortunately, Thursday’s game featured some of the same issues that plagued the Bears’ offense last season. Justin Fields only played one series, but in that drive he ended up scrambling or making dicey short throws, resulting in minimal to no yardage. This can be partially attributed to the lack of protection he was getting from his offensive line, another issue that has carried over from 2021."

" However, one spark of hope came when Fields rolled out of the pocket and made a pretty 19-yard pass to tight end Cole Kmet to extend the drive. The Fields-Kmet connection appeared strong in the limited snaps they played together, as Fields targeted him three times, completing two passes for 31 yards on the first drive. "

-NFL.Com
Thanks for dropping the shitty nickname you tried to run with for Velus.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now that Justin is on the same page with Kmet...previously with Mooney in the first preseason game, I'd like to see him connect more with VJJ and ESB in the last game coming up.

If he can look great hitting Jones and the 'saint' consistently, this would be FOUR great targets to go with a running attack. Those young RoadGraders upfront just need to keep improving over the next couple weeks while getting ready for Bosa & Co.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

-NFL.Com
Thanks for dropping the shitty nickname you tried to run with for Velus.

You're so obvious.:sneaky:There's nothing shitty nor related to non football "bedroom alternative lifestyles".>>> #1 >>#19 ......
If I associate "Las Velus" with hitting the jackpot as in Las Vegas. It's all positive.
As usual your focus is away from football and the football article >> 2022 NFL preseason, Week 2: What We Learned from Bears
But go ahead with more thinly veiled non football stuff :rolleyes:?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Forget the record, score, and all of that (its preseason), just look at the different feel of this team with the same talent level as previous year. Hardly no penalties, everyone hassle, no wasted time outs called, no one wearing the visor cap ;).. I'm sure there couple of things need to addressed, but overall I like this coaching stall.

Agreed!! I forgot all of the stupid timeouts!

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The offense and especially the OL is still concerning.

But less penalties and illegal motions will be a nice change
I'd wager the line won't start to gel some until they decide who the 5 are. Sounds like it should be known by the Browns game, but it will still a few weeks for them to gel, especially with the center missing most of camp.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lack of visor gets coach flus an extra year or two. I will agree that he appears generic, but looks can be deceiving. One look at flus doesn’t tell the whole story about his defenses. Any coach that can make a D collapse on the ball, cause turnovers, and possibly score some points will help our young team and young offense. If he hired the right OC then we may have something here. Wasn’t optimistic early on, but first two preseason games show progress. If we can at least be competitive once the real games start then we may have something.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Forget the record, score, and all of that (its preseason), just look at the different feel of this team with the same talent level as previous year. Hardly no penalties, everyone hassle, no wasted time outs called, no one wearing the visor cap ;).. I'm sure there couple of things need to addressed, but overall I like this coaching stall.
Not quite but i'm with you on how this less talented team has looked so far.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd wager the line won't start to gel some until they decide who the 5 are. Sounds like it should be known by the Browns game, but it will still a few weeks for them to gel, especially with the center missing most of camp.
Agree. They need to pick their 5 and start those 5 every game because it definitely takes time for the OL to learn what the guy on either side of him is going to do.

Watching this Pitt vs Jax game and Trubs and T.Lawrence are playing the whole 1st quarter. Really wish they would of played Fields more. He needs it.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Agree. They need to pick their 5 and start those 5 every game because it definitely takes time for the OL to learn what the guy on either side of him is going to do.

Watching this Pitt vs Jax game and Trubs and T.Lawrence are playing the whole 1st quarter. Really wish they would of played Fields more. He needs it.
I agree. The one drive crap in the second game did no one any good.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree. The one drive crap in the second game did no one any good.
T.Lawrence just played the whole 1st half. K.Pickett came in for Trubs and that dude looks really good. Threw some great touch passes and a nice TD pass to D.Johnson.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We do this every single time a coaching change is made.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The only person who should ever wear a visor is Cliff Stein as he pours over numbers in contracts.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

-NFL.Com
From what I saw, most of those forced scrambles were on Herbert. He did not have a good showing as a blocker.

The offensive line was not perfect, but they are showing some positives where they can get to the mid to low 20s if they gel.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
What about the lack of flags AFTER time outs? I won't miss that horseshit at all.

Stop reminding me! Lmfao. I’m probably still leaving out some stupid shit nagy would do habitually

There’s the fucking visor.. won’t miss that!

Club dumb.. won’t miss that

5 wide outs all running curl routes short of the first yardage marker 10 times a game.

Had he been here longer Nagy would have called timeout before second half kick off.

Not going to miss delay of games bc the play call name was twenty words long in hurry up offense on 4th and 1/2 yard to go!!

He would call time out on first down with 10 minutes to go in third quarter on their own 30 yard line.

Didn’t he call for a kneel down on second down and then attempted a field goal on third instead of trying to pick up a few yards and kicker came up short?

I’m sure he’s tried to challenge one too many times or challenge a call instead of letting officials look at replay with less than two minutes to go in the half