What are the keys to the Blackhawks Rebuild?

spew39

Liked Posts:
What are the keys to the Blackhawks Rebuild?

Last edited by a moderator:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Disagree. Getting the backend in order should be the #1 priority. Crawford in early 2018 and Fleury this past season couldn't save shit defenses from themselves even if they were playing lights out. Having goaltending prospects like Commeso and Soderblom is nice, but they 'hawks need a 3-zone 1-2 guy to compliment Seth Kones and his lack of D, as well as reliable defensive 3-4 guys that can soak up minutes and are better than both Murphy and McCabe on a good day.

It'll take time to acquire those players, but getting a defense will have to be the 1st move since they take so long to develop.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The article suggested we could trade D-cat to the Devils for the 2nd overall pick + a top prospect + a roster player. I would make that trade in a second and then if there wasn't a can't-miss prospect at #2 I would flip that #2 pick for multiple picks in next year's draft.

And trade Kane if we are going to properly rebuild, Toews will stay because his remaining contract still has too much negative value.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Need 2 consistent scoring lines. Hawks have but one.

One of the young up and comers need to surprise like 3rd round pick Jake Guentzel has become for the Penguins. Already has 2, 40 goal seasons to his name. Beyond his rook year when he was called up midseason. He's never scored fewer then 20 goals.

The Hawks thought they had that guy in Kubalik but his goal scoring disappeared since signing that contract.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The article suggested we could trade D-cat to the Devils for the 2nd overall pick + a top prospect + a roster player. I would make that trade in a second and then if there wasn't a can't-miss prospect at #2 I would flip that #2 pick for multiple picks in next year's draft.

And trade Kane if we are going to properly rebuild, Toews will stay because his remaining contract still has too much negative value.
Thing is, your not getting that much for Cat.

Cats next contract is minimum 9 million a year. Your not getting Cooley, Luke Hughes, or Holtz and a player for DeBrincat. If you get that offer you take it laughing while running because your rebuild just got two years knocked off of it and watch the Devils GM lose his job.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I’m just gonna throw logic into this whole “DeBrincat will return a lot” drivel.

Cats QO next year is 9.3 million.

Why would the Devils trade the 2OA, a top prospect, and a roster player for a 40 goal guy when that package will give you 40 goals and will be millions of dollars cheaper?

If you get the 2OA for cat, you take it. This draft is getting severely under rated on account of next years draft but Cooley is going to be a stud and should go second. I like the two defenseman and I’m extremely high on Wright, but if all it takes to get the 2 is Debrincat, and there’s no indication Cat wants to sign long term here, you do it. Cooley is probably the best skater in this draft and elite offensively while actually going back into his own zone, unlike Strome.

I like Jiricek a whole lot because he’s mean as fuck, but I see him falling because of a bum knee