What Are You Eating Right Now?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love asparagus.

Couple weeks ago I had a driver at my job give me some corn on the cob he made and it was the most tender corn on the cob I've ever had in my life. I never had corn melt in my mouth, it was fucking amazing.

How did he make it? Was it ready cooked and ready to eat or...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How did he make it? Was it ready cooked and ready to eat or...

I know he grilled it, not sure what else he did. I just had to pop it in the microwave to heat it up. I haven't caught him since.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he grilled it, not sure what else he did. I just had to pop it in the microwave to heat it up. I haven't caught him since.

Cool. The best I've had was from a street vendor cart in the city. He spread mayo on them and added some spices and then rolled them in parmesan. It was outstanding.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scrambled egg sammie. Fell asleep with this storm now wide awake.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Elote is amazing.

Also, it looks like everyone ate asparagus last night. I just got reminded of it when I took a piss.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elote is amazing.

Also, it looks like everyone ate asparagus last night. I just got reminded of it when I took a piss.
Yeah, what's up with that asparagus craze? We've been eating it a lot as well. Not usually my go to veggie but it is my daughter's and just easy to throw on the grill as we hit that outside grilling season.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, what's up with that asparagus craze? We've been eating it a lot as well. Not usually my go to veggie but it is my daughter's and just easy to throw on the grill as we hit that outside grilling season.
Asparagus is always a popular veggie/side for us in the summer. Very easy to just throw it on the grill.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Elote is amazing.

Esquites is almost always on my BBQ side dish menu for the past few years. I don't think i've done regular corn on the cob once since I started making Elotes.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Headed to the Hacienda in Michigan City. Pork tacos and good drinks.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Menudo today, yum. In El Paso some places serve it with a type of garlic bread instead of tortillas. It's great.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
nature valley wafer bar, jameson and a 12 pack.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Having a Carne Asada Burrito from this little mexican joint not too far from my house. Fucking delicioso!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Tonight for dinner was something simple and stupid.

Annie's White Cheddar mac n cheese with 2- 3oz packets of wild caught Ahi. added some fresh ground pepper and kicked the heat up with some Bravado - Garlic Reaper sauce.

Yes I am 14 again.

Reminds me of the days of a box of strange yellow Kraft mac n cheese with a can of Starkist. Of course, being old now I used organic mac n cheese, really good tuna, and an awesome hot sauce. It is fargin delicious!

Washed it all down with a vodka drink.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Driving to Alma's famous gas station "Pump and Pantry" for their fried chicken. Pickens are slim, boys.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I made jerk paste yesterday and thru it into 6 lbs of dark meat chicken. Grilled it today and served with beans and rice with thyme garlic and scallions. Twas dank.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reminds me of the days of a box of strange yellow Kraft mac n cheese with a can of Starkist. Of course, being old now I used organic mac n cheese, really good tuna, and an awesome hot sauce. It is fargin delicious!

What do you consider really good tuna? Not being sarcastic here. We usually just use Starkist packets. Do you buy fresh and cook it first?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tonight for dinner was something simple and stupid.

Annie's White Cheddar mac n cheese with 2- 3oz packets of wild caught Ahi. added some fresh ground pepper and kicked the heat up with some Bravado - Garlic Reaper sauce.

Yes I am 14 again.

If I’m feeling real lazy I’ll do a box of Mac n cheese and throw in some tuna and top with Cholula. This was a staple college meal lol

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
What do you consider really good tuna? Not being sarcastic here. We usually just use Starkist packets. Do you buy fresh and cook it first?
Currently I have Safecatch AHI.

It is the yellow packets/cans on that site. It is delicious, sustainable, wild caught, every fish mercury tested etc.

If I buy fresh tuna it is for tuna steaks, I wouldn't ever put that into mac n cheese though.

Basically I have started buying more expensive tuna, while still canned or pre packaged in the packets I feel like it just tastes better and I know they are trying to do a better job with sustainability.