What Are You Eating Right Now?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Did a little meatless Monday gluten free shepherds pie for dinner tonight.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Old bay seasoned shrimp with cocktail sauce. Might have a pickle.

sounds good. add a lil sugar to your old bay sprinkling if you havent...

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
eating pb on toast with bananas and honey..

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just enjoyed a delicious carnitas benedict with avocado and home fries. Nothing is better than creamy hollandaise, Cholula, eggs, carnitas and the crunch of done right papas. GODDAMN!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just enjoyed a delicious carnitas benedict with avocado and home fries. Nothing is better than creamy hollandaise, Cholula, eggs, carnitas and the crunch of done right papas. GODDAMN!

That sounds like damn good eats. +1 on the hollandaise. I always get eggs benedict of some type when eating out for breakfast. Making it at home is above my pay grade.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
You sir, are out of control.

a childhood thang i go back to from time to time. i doubled down and had more tonight. its on homemade bread too.. i consider it dessert.

nostalgia week with that and fried bologna on the weekly menu.

Dinner was

5 eggs, 200 g bacon, half avo, sautee of garlic spinach w/chili oil and some fried bologna... well seared bologna... oh and the hot sauce...

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a childhood thang i go back to from time to time. i doubled down and had more tonight. its on homemade bread too.. i consider it dessert.

nostalgia week with that and fried bologna on the weekly menu.

Dinner was

5 eggs, 200 g bacon, half avo, sautee of garlic spinach w/chili oil and some fried bologna... well seared bologna... oh and the hot sauce...

Fried bologna.

homer-simpson-drool.gif

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kicking off 2022 right.

I bought some ciabbata bread and made an herb blend along with some high quality olive oil to dip it in (similar to Carrabbas, but way better IMO) for a starter.

Made a salad with spring greens, baby spinach, arugula, pine nuts, raspberries and goat cheese with a homemade balsamic vinegarette.

I got a sous vide for Christmas, so I've been going a little sous vide crazy lately. Didn't realize how much I needed one in my life. Got my butcher to cut 2" thick porterhouses, seasoned, sealed and sitting in the water now at 130. When they are done, gonna sear in a cast iron skillet and baste with butter and thyme.

Along with the steak I'm going to roast some brussell sprouts tossed in oil, salt and pepper and then toss in some honey and balsamic vinegar when done.

For dessert my daughter has a cherry cheesecake she made that is setting in the fridge.

Food coma incoming.

Bring on day #2 2022...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kicking off 2022 right.

I bought some ciabbata bread and made an herb blend along with some high quality olive oil to dip it in (similar to Carrabbas, but way better IMO) for a starter.

Made a salad with spring greens, baby spinach, arugula, pine nuts, raspberries and goat cheese with a homemade balsamic vinegarette.

I got a sous vide for Christmas, so I've been going a little sous vide crazy lately. Didn't realize how much I needed one in my life. Got my butcher to cut 2" thick porterhouses, seasoned, sealed and sitting in the water now at 130. When they are done, gonna sear in a cast iron skillet and baste with butter and thyme.

Along with the steak I'm going to roast some brussell sprouts tossed in oil, salt and pepper and then toss in some honey and balsamic vinegar when done.

For dessert my daughter has a cherry cheesecake she made that is setting in the fridge.

Food coma incoming.

Bring on day #2 2022...
That might have been the best steak I've ever eaten in my life. Definitely top 5. If I got that at a restaurant I'd probably not stfu about how good it was for a long time.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Kicking off 2022 right.

Food coma incoming.

Bring on day #2 2022...

throw some garlic and rosemary in with that butter and thyme next time.. sous vide would be a nice present.. you vacuum packing or glad bagging it?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
throw some garlic and rosemary in with that butter and thyme next time.. sous vide would be a nice present.. you vacuum packing or glad bagging it?
Vacuum packing.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kicking off 2022 right.

Food coma incoming.

Bring on day #2 2022...
I think I’m gonna go get a burger at my local watering hole.

sous vide is awesome. Some of the best ribs I’ve ever made were sous vide

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Kicking off 2022 right.

Food coma incoming.

Bring on day #2 2022...

How long was it in the water bath?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just cold smoked 2 salmon, one with Honey and the other with pepper

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Operation sous vide continues. Tonight 1.5" bone in pork chops.

Patted dry and seasoned with kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper and a little garlic powder. Put a few sprigs of rosemary in there and sealed them up.

Dropped into the sous vide for 2 hrs at 145. Cut open, drained the bags, and reserved the rosemary sprigs.

Pan seared in cast iron at high heat for a minute per side, then another minute per side basting with butter, smashed garlic cloves and the reserved rosemary.

Also roasted some asparagus tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and freshly grated parm. With some lemon wedges to squeeze on top.

And for the starch, I made some par boiled red potatoes chopped into bite sized pieces, then tossed in salt, pepper, garlic, parm, dill and lemon and let that chill.

Now a few beers, read a little and sleep like a baby. It was a long week, but not a bad way to end it.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Patted dry and seasoned with kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper and a little garlic powder. Put a few sprigs of rosemary in there and sealed them up.

Dropped into the sous vide for 2 hrs at 145. Cut open, drained the bags, and reserved the rosemary sprigs.

Pan seared in cast iron at high heat for a minute per side, then another minute per side basting with butter, smashed garlic cloves and the reserved rosemary.

Also roasted some asparagus tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and freshly grated parm. With some lemon wedges to squeeze on top.

And for the starch, I made some par boiled red potatoes chopped into bite sized pieces, then tossed in salt, pepper, garlic, parm, dill and lemon and let that chill.

Now a few beers, read a little and sleep like a baby. It was a long week, but not a bad way to end it.

why you gotta be so rich with yo fancy ass... sounds good though

non pro tip.....next time try busting out a torch to sear that sous vide flesh next go round.... then hit it with herb infused butter while it rests.. pan searing can cook a sou vide steak (for example) more than the desired doneness when looking for that thick caramalization.. a torch though...

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bruh...

homer-drooling-01.gif

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why you gotta be so rich with yo fancy ass... sounds good though

non pro tip.....next time try busting out a torch to sear that sous vide flesh next go round.... then hit it with herb infused butter while it rests.. pan searing can cook a sou vide steak (for example) more than the desired doneness when looking for that thick caramalization.. a torch though...

I love my torch! Doing baby back ribs tomorrow. Not at home so no torch so I’ll have to finish in the oven.