What Are You Eating Right Now?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Since when has a BLT been a guilty pleasure? That’s like a weekly meal around these parts in the summer
I've been trying to eat a lot more clean lately, but still indulge from time to time. Thick white bread, mayo and bacon are all things not too great for you.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Flank steak, potatoes, and "mediteranean" salad. Gonna need a bowl of lucky charms in an hour though because flank steak while delicious always shrinks more from cooking than I expect.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been trying to eat a lot more clean lately, but still indulge from time to time. Thick white bread, mayo and bacon are all things not too great for you.
I've gone full on over to the dark side of cleaner eating.

Doing spinach, Red pepper, grape tomato, avocado, roast chicken, onion, feta, pumpkin seed salads daily with a smidge of homemade Greek dressing. Tons of nuts and berries also.

I am enjoying it entirely. Like finding new music.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've gone full on over to the dark side of cleaner eating.

Doing spinach, Red pepper, grape tomato, avocado, roast chicken, onion, feta, pumpkin seed salads daily with a smidge of homemade Greek dressing. Tons of nuts and berries also.

I am enjoying it entirely. Like finding new music.
I've roughly been eating the Mediterranean diet, but not strictly. Lots of vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, healthy fats, avoiding processed food / sugars, etc.

I do agree with your example of it being similar to finding new music. I've fallen in love with roasting vegetables as an example.

Take broccoli. Toss that shit in some olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, throw it in the oven at like 400 for like 20 mins. Money. Maybe grate a little parm off the block on there to finish it off. Cauliflower is fucking great too (and super versatile as a carb replacement).

And you can get creative with the spices to mix it up a bit. Paprika, chili powder, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, ginger, basil, dill, etc, etc. The world is your oyster!!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just made a batch of tortellini sausage spinach soup. So good.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Pre-workout meal

Oatmeal w/ honey, an apple, and english muffin w/ pb

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crackers, summer sausage, smoked habanero jack. Yum!