What Are You Eating Right Now?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
New Years Day Dinner. Sous vide filet mignon. Roasted broccoli and potatoes. Wine.

Uhmg3C8.jpeg

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I made Korean pancakes for dinner, with a dipping sauce (natch). Salad too, solid start to the new year.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had bacon and French toast last night.
Yum!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How much would you charge for that plate of spaghetti meatballs in your restaurant.
It was pretty fucking good. I'd say it rivaled like 95% of Italian places I've eaten at. And the ones that beat it are mostly on the high end. And even some of those...

Edit>
In case anyone, was wondering, and I'm pretty sure no one gives a fuck but...

- The pasta was not made from scratch. I'm too lazy for that under normal circumstances. When I buy dry / grocery store pasta it's always De Cecco. It's got a great al dente bite and flavor. Worth a dollar extra or whatever it costs.

- Marinara is really simple. A bunch of garlic in thin slices (like 7-8 cloves), lightly sauteed in about a quarter cup of high quality extra virgin olive oil. Fragrant and soft but not browned. Add hand crushed San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes (DOP certified if possible), seasoned with oregeno, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Then put it a whole sprig of fresh basil and let that shit simmer on low for like 30-45 mins.

- Meatballs were a combination of ground beef, pork and veal. Added a beaten egg, freshly grated parm and breadcrumbs for binder. Also add finely minced diced onion and some Italian flat leaf parsley, along with seasoning using kosher salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Baked in the oven at 400 degrees on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20 mins (flip halfway through to get browning on both sides).

Top it all with some freshly grated parm and parsley.

I'm probably forgetting things.

Also, the picture really doesn't do it justice. I'm gonna do this one again soon and get a good shot.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was pretty fucking good. I'd say it rivaled like 95% of Italian places I've eaten at. And the ones that beat it are mostly on the high end. And even some of those...

Edit>
In case anyone, was wondering, and I'm pretty sure no one gives a fuck but...

- The pasta was not made from scratch. I'm too lazy for that under normal circumstances. When I buy dry / grocery store pasta it's always De Cecco. It's got a great al dente bite and flavor. Worth a dollar extra or whatever it costs.

- Marinara is really simple. A bunch of garlic in thin slices (like 7-8 cloves), lightly sauteed in about a quarter cup of high quality extra virgin olive oil. Fragrant and soft but not browned. Add hand crushed San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes (DOP certified if possible), seasoned with oregeno, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Then put it a whole sprig of fresh basil and let that shit simmer on low for like 30-45 mins.

- Meatballs were a combination of ground beef, pork and veal. Added a beaten egg, freshly grated parm and breadcrumbs for binder. Also add finely minced diced onion and some Italian flat leaf parsley, along with seasoning using kosher salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Baked in the oven at 400 degrees on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20 mins (flip halfway through to get browning on both sides).

Top it all with some freshly grated parm and parsley.

I'm probably forgetting things.

Also, the picture really doesn't do it justice. I'm gonna do this one again soon and get a good shot.
Maybe since @The Hawk won't play @HeHateMe in a chess exhibition you guys can have a spaghetti & meatball cookoff

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk you got a damn good looking product. I’m not sure @HeHateMe can compete..
Yeah, Nvan brings the receipts. HHM...where you be?

Honestly, for shits and giggles during the doldrums of the offseason, we should all do a virtual top chef. All decide on a dish and show off like 15 pictures of the cooking and final product. Would be super cool.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I read that Home Run Inn pizzas are going nationwide.
Fuckin A rawr rawr!
I'm eating a patty melt now.
Yum!
I’ve seen them popping up here which is a new development probably in the last few years

rawr