What are you looking for from the Bulls this summer

Bud1234

Liked Posts:
Coby and PWill dedicate themselves to Fundementals, Ball Handling, Nutrition and the Weight Room

Be nice if they could could lock up Levine long terms - only way you trade is for another All Star.

Re-sign Daniel Theis

Shed bad contracts - overpriced FAs from the GarPax days.

Add a true PG that can drive and dish, good assist guy, at least average offense, respectable 3 pt shooter and above average Defense

Add a long athletic rim protecting, rebounding, physical center off the bench that can play with Vuc and or Theis.

Add some guys 6'4 to 6'8" that are ball players that hate to lose.

I think there is a good possibility of Ball or Schroeder being a Bull

With Salary cap in mind some others that might fit

Bismack Biyombo
Richaun Holmes
Bobby Portis
Maurice Harkless
James Ennis III
Alex Caruso
Josh Hart
TJ McConnell

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getting Theis to come back would be great, but I imagine he'll be in high demand. As OP mentioned, getting a good PG and some interior defensive help. A guy like Nerlens Noel comes to mind, though he's pretty limited offensively, or maybe you take a chance on Hassan Whiteside.

The PG class is pretty weak in terms of good PGs who are well rounded. Top of the class is Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry who I don't perceive to be truly available anyway. Perhaps Lonzo is a realistic option than we want to admit

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Getting Theis to come back would be great, but I imagine he'll be in high demand. As OP mentioned, getting a good PG and some interior defensive help. A guy like Nerlens Noel comes to mind, though he's pretty limited offensively, or maybe you take a chance on Hassan Whiteside.

The PG class is pretty weak in terms of good PGs who are well rounded. Top of the class is Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry who I don't perceive to be truly available anyway. Perhaps Lonzo is a realistic option than we want to admit
I agree. slowly getting on board with this. Depends on whether NO believes Kira Lewis is ready to run the point full time or keep Zion as point forward. I'm sure we would end up in a bidding war with others. I would not go over 10-12M though. I'm sure his dad is going to request max deal though.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Re-sign Theis and get Lonzo. I would love for Lavine to get an extension, but there’s no way that happens. He can make way more money waiting and he’s already been on a bargain contract.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
- Lock Lavine up to a long term deal
- Get Lonzo
- Find someone to sign and trade Lauri away to
- I like Theis, but I don’t really see him back. Someone is going to pay him more than the bulls should. He’s a nice player, but he isn’t a 15+ mil a year player IMO
- if Lonzo can’t be had, give that $$ to Mike Conley on a 2 year deal.

Lonzo/Conley
Lavine
PWill
Thagic
Vuc

that’s a pretty solid starting 5, especially if PWill improves. Coby coming off the bench with some scoring pop

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
- Lock Lavine up to a long term deal
- Get Lonzo
- Find someone to sign and trade Lauri away to
- I like Theis, but I don’t really see him back. Someone is going to pay him more than the bulls should. He’s a nice player, but he isn’t a 15+ mil a year player IMO
- if Lonzo can’t be had, give that $$ to Mike Conley on a 2 year deal.

Lonzo/Conley
Lavine
PWill
Thagic
Vuc

that’s a pretty solid starting 5, especially if PWill improves. Coby coming off the bench with some scoring pop

That dynamic is commonly referred to as an "Omar Asik".

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at the numbers where they keep turnovers in single digits....they either win or come close in the vast majority of those games. That's with the team they have right now that very weak defensively. It's all about their own improvement within. Take care of the ball and play some D. I'm not saying stand pat....they need do some help, but not as much as a lot of people think.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's an extremely unpopular opinion...sign Jeremy Lin in the offseason. He'd be super cheap, is competent on both ends, and is at least as good as such options as TJ McConnell. And there's no competition for him because the NBA hates him or something. But I guess for that very reason he's not really on the radar.