What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hello - I'm not a gamer, but I"m snowed in and bored AF. Whose got some cool phone/tablet games?

I'm currently playing World War Rising and getting bored of it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hello - I'm not a gamer, but I"m snowed in and bored AF. Whose got some cool phone/tablet games?

I'm currently playing World War Rising and getting bored of it.
I enjoy playing Smash Hit on my phone when I’m bored.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
I finally got this Out of the ballpark game as it was $5. Pretty interesting. You can play from all the real teams back to 1903 to present. It's not like THE SHOW where you actually play but more like a manager sim. I do like the mod community has sort of put life into it where you can get all the players pictures and all the old stadiums in the game.

Just started the 1962 season as the Giants and it's cool to see old candlestick. I mean OLD, like before they build a grandstand in center. If you sim ahead the game will put in the grandstand in center when it was put in in real life.

Very cool game and still trying to learn it. It's more i guess #'s based strategy but thought I'd take the plunge since it's only $5.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
MLB the SHOW will go multiplatform in 2021 so that is good news. Will be on XBOX finally along w/ PS4, PC, and Nintendo.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Still making my way through God of War. What a fantastic game. It's likely going to take me forever to get all the way through it because I only get in a few hrs a week.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Stumbled across this. Hilarious. Conan and Hader are great playing off each other.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh snap Bioshock on PS Plus? That's a good month indeed

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They keep releasing games on PS Plus I already have.
That's happened to me a bunch too. This one worked out because I was just about to buy Bioshock Collection a few weeks ago because it's something I never got around to playing and have heard a bunch of good things. Glad I didn't. Also Firewall Zero Hour for PSVR.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That's happened to me a bunch too. This one worked out because I was just about to buy Bioshock Collection a few weeks ago because it's something I never got around to playing and have heard a bunch of good things. Glad I didn't. Also Firewall Zero Hour for PSVR.

I usually just download the game and sell my hard copy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I saw State of Decay on a Steam deal and grabbed it a week or so ago.

Oddly it had a sequel release (State of Decay 2) in May of 2018 but has yet to be released on Steam.

Anyways, it is zombies and it is mildly entertaining.

Concept is a good one IMO... zombie apoc sandbox where you build up your home base and group of people with various skill sets and personalities.

You can tell it is a port from console because many of the controls feel really clunky at times or they don't exactly have seemingly obvious features, like if i am carrying a rifle and a pistol, to switch between them I have to go into my inventory and equip the gun I want, which isn't feasible while I am being attacked.

Conversely the consumable items are all available for quick use via the mousewheel and F button.

They have this concept where you can play as any survivor in your group so long as they are in the Friend status for you.

As you switch between more people you have to modify their inventory before going out.... they keep w/e you leave them and they pick up junk and clutter their own inventory.

Also you can have a friend accompany you going out into the world, but it costs 100 influence (influence is the game world's currency) and often as soon as you talk to someone for a mission, your friend peaces out and like walks home.... even if you are super far away from home.

Btw that 100 influence, at least in early game is a large amount, so having it be wasted simply because you talked to a guy about a mission is annoying.

There's a woman on the radio telling you about stuff going on, time-sensitive missions you can go do.... I kinda like that dynamic, but she seems to be chattering about a new thing or new mission non-stop.

Not sure if they designed it that way, but every second of the game there's 8-12 things to do and 8-10 of them are time sensitive so you can probably only accomplish half of them.

Which leads me to my biggest grievance... there is a nice map you can look at, but the game does not pause... so the only real time you can safely review the map and decide where you're going next and how you're getting there, is if you are inside your home base or if you've like climbed a tower where it is safe.

Combat is more/less button mashing melee, but they did a decent job with it where noise and mini-swarms of 10-15 zombies continually feel dangerous, because they are.

Game is fun, but between the clunky port stuff and some of the flaws of the game overall, it is no slam dunk.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ima have to check that out.

Btw love the avvy @modo ...

"What are we?!?"

"We're werewolves, not swearwolves"

"THATS RIGHT WEREWOLVES NOT SWEARWOLVES"

PRDb.gif

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I started playing Watch Dogs. I didn't realize it was more open world than linear. I'm trying to catch up on my games so I've been skipping games that are more involving with side stuff lol. I'm a good 50-60 games behind. At least PS5 is going to be compatible with PS4 games.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I started playing Watch Dogs. I didn't realize it was more open world than linear. I'm trying to catch up on my games so I've been skipping games that are more involving with side stuff lol. I'm a good 50-60 games behind. At least PS5 is going to be compatible with PS4 games.
When i played the first one set in chicago, i would always drive by my office irl for some reason

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just finished the main story on God of War. A+. Not sure what I'm gonna play next. I've got a ton of options.