What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
damn...can not wait.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Steam Summer sale is on....... sheit

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Green hell is interesting...

From time to time I just scroll Steam's recommendations for me based on games I've already played.

If I see something interesting, I will throw it on my wishlist so when these Steam sales kick off I can just scroll my wishlist and buy the stuff with discounts/prices in the range I find attractive.

I just buy shit on Steam on 30-80% discounts and stash it for a later date.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
From time to time I just scroll Steam's recommendations for me based on games I've already played.

If I see something interesting, I will throw it on my wishlist so when these Steam sales kick off I can just scroll my wishlist and buy the stuff with discounts/prices in the range I find attractive.

I just buy shit on Steam on 30-80% discounts and stash it for a later date.

i do the same.....if it goes on sale and it is on my wishlist I usually just nab it

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
bargain bin with my nephew RJ..
Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Game-of-the-Year-Edition

Batman Arkham Asylum PS3 GOTY.

did not complete FFX 100% trophy with RJ, it got old fast and trying to fill in all characters' sphere grid is taking too much time.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I finished Gears Tactics.... well worth the discounted buy.

It has some bugs/issues that the devs need to patch, annoying, but not game-breaking.

Started on XCOM2 since it is a similar game.... not enjoying it as much as Gears Tactics.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I finished Gears Tactics.... well worth the discounted buy.

It has some bugs/issues that the devs need to patch, annoying, but not game-breaking.

Started on XCOM2 since it is a similar game.... not enjoying it as much as Gears Tactics.

I started XCOM2 last week. If you have all the DLC, the amount of systems the game throws at you at the beginning is pretty overwhelming.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I started XCOM2 last week. If you have all the DLC, the amount of systems the game throws at you at the beginning is pretty overwhelming.

I bought all the DLC, but I'm only like 3 missions in.

Thus far it hasn't felt overwhelming, but I literally just finished Gears Tactics which has very similar layers of control.

Also if you've played any Paradox games.... Hearts of Iron, Stellaris, etc.... they've numbed me to early game learning curves lol

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Thus far it hasn't felt overwhelming, but I literally just finished Gears Tactics which has very similar layers of control.

Also if you've played any Paradox games.... Hearts of Iron, Stellaris, etc.... they've numbed me to early game learning curves lol

I've always wanted to play Stellaris but never gotten around to it. I played the shit Masters of Orion growing up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've always wanted to play Stellaris but never gotten around to it. I played the shit Masters of Orion growing up.

Once you get a competence with the controls and management it is quite an immersive experience, especially the first few plays.

Like most Paradox games though, it is stacked with layers of DLC which become required to truly get the full game.... they modify the engine as they make DLC and playing the vanilla game becomes kinda odd.

I'm waiting on the latest DLC expansion to go on sale for Stellaris and HOI4, neither did during the Summer Sale.

No matter what games I play I come back to Stellaris and HOI4 to scratch certain gaming itches.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

So, I was trying to figure out how to trigger Shen's Last Gift, and apparently the "integrate all DLC" option does the exact opposite of what I expected it to do. If you check it, you lose out on all the DLC story missions and free rewards, and all the stuff just gets dumped into the normal War of the Chosen campaign with no backstory.

Fuck me, because my campaign was off to a great start.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So, I was trying to figure out how to trigger Shen's Last Gift, and apparently the "integrate all DLC" option does the exact opposite of what I expected it to do. If you check it, you lose out on all the DLC story missions and free rewards, and all the stuff just gets dumped into the normal War of the Chosen campaign with no backstory.

Fuck me, because my campaign was off to a great start.

I drifted away from XCOM the last week, but this is good to know...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the crux is that the DLC was designed around the vanilla campaign, and the War of the Chosen expansion upended a lot of those systems. Seems like the best solution is to play one vanilla campaign with the Alien Rulers & Shen's Last Gift DLC, and then a War of the Chosen campaign with integrated DLC. Otherwise you run into balance problems (I guess Shen's Last Gift actually counts as three back-to-back missions, and that screws with the new will mechanic in WOTC and makes your squad exhausted for weeks afterwards. On top of that, you'd be dealing with both the Alien Rulers and Chosen at the same time (though not during the same mission). Integrating the DLC sticks the alien rulers at an Advent facility, so you have the choice on when to first trigger them appearing in random missions like Chosen do.