What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s a fun game

I find the combat challenging.

I find the puzzles fun.

I find the Souls-like aspect to be fun, but it becomes a bit of a grind in certain parts.

I imagine that now that I have an orange light saber, no one can stop me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just finished my first play through of Jedi: Fallen Order.

I'd give the game an 8.5/10.... really great game, with a few notable question marks for me.

I found the vast majority of the game play to be engaging.... exploring, solving puzzles, and combat was diverse enough and challenging enough to be more enjoyable than frustrating.

I enjoyed the story, and thought it presented better antagonists for the Jedi than anything in the movies the last several years.

Ok now my notable question marks.

The character dialogue and sorta putting together the "team" on the ship felt.... off?

The only time story was told was in cut scenes (which were great) or in rare character dialogue back on or near the ship.

The only time you are at the ship is to travel, so you spend like 95%+ of your time away and would need to invest considerable time to travel all the way back, so I never did.

This led to every travel event being this kinda weird plant the seeds, talk to Greez 3-4 times, talk to Cere 3-4 times, talk to Merrin 3-4 times (later in game), and then not see them for at least a few hours if not more.

And when you do talk to them, it often feels like a conversation system was started, but never finished.... some weird moments in convo where you get two options, and there is no real branching conversation, just one input and a response.

The end of the story there's this camaraderie that seemed to come out of nowhere, because as a player I've spoken to Greez maybe 15 total minutes, and now he's my best buddy.... I guess cuz I planted some seeds.

Lastly, by the end of the story I was thinking "Well fuck boys, this feels like the start of a whole new game."

Then I find out they have, as of now, essentially zero plans for DLC.... and I found nothing about another game.... I read something where they said "We feel like Jedi: Fallen Order" is a really nice self-contained story.

Here's to hoping they are just being stealthy, and the expansion will have just a touch more RPG, including some more character dialogue.

PS: They could have done more character building/dialogue via the fucking radio.... I spent so much fucking time running around, running up walls, falling down, running it all over again.... some banter on the radio between the 3-4 characters would have been entertaining and bridged that gap a bit.

TL;DR: I enjoyed the game, but it felt unfinished in the character dialogue/RPG part of the game, and I am hoping they make more.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How awesome was it at the end when you beat the sister then the legend shows up. Absolutely fav part of the game. Youtube has some good reaction videos

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How awesome was it at the end when you beat the sister then the legend shows up. Absolutely fav part of the game. Youtube has some good reaction videos

I might surprise you here, but that entire sequence really pissed me off.

Here's why.

I was clearly going to win the fight and Vader used his Force Cheese to cheat.

I think they should let me win the fight, and then rewrite all Star Wars canon so it states:

"Darth Vader, being one of the most phony light saber duelists in the galaxy, was killed by a 19 year old with an orange light saber and some fucking gumption"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would have preferred they made Vader like super hard to beat and then if you do get the best of him, it leads to a different cutscene. Instead by the time I reached him, I could easily curb stomp him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would have preferred they made Vader like super hard to beat and then if you do get the best of him, it leads to a different cutscene. Instead by the time I reached him, I could easily curb stomp him.

I am replaying on Jedi Master.... my first fight with Trilla I fucking owned her lol

Idk why but her timing and moves really click in my head, so I can parry about every attack other than the unblockable stuff.

That cutscene where she force pushes you and then BD brings down the field I thought "Fuk, just open the field back up m8, I got dis"

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Who's pre-ordering next gen? I figure I could wait on PS5 for now. Might want to play through some PS4 games first.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who's pre-ordering next gen? I figure I could wait on PS5 for now. Might want to play through some PS4 games first.
I'm on the fence. Although it might already be too late.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m waiting until summer 2021 to get one that way I can get all the reviews from the beta testers before throwing money at it

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m waiting until summer 2021 to get one that way I can get all the reviews from the beta testers before throwing money at it
I'd generally agree with this. My only motivation to pull the trigger sooner, is I want to move my PS4 from our living room to another room, and put the PS5 there.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I barely play my PS4 so I am not going to upgrade.

I have to actually play the one I have before I will begin to think about a new one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably getting the Xbox S. My current Xbox is pretty much part of the original batch and amazing it has lasted this long but the big selling point for me is Xbox has far more games available for backwards compatibility. So can get the new system and still play most of my favorite old games as they add more titles.

PS5, I will get once the digital only system once they build up a decent library of exclusives as that to me is the real advantage of playstation. Their exclusives are generally better but there are only a few of them I actually like. But their have less backwards compatibility so not worth it to get at launch for me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I burned out Crusader Kings 3 pretty hard the last week or so.

I went looking for a new game in my library backlog.

I tried The Surge 2.... plays better with a controller... follows that Souls-like tag.

Felt very grindy and turned me off.... perhaps I'll go back.

Then I tried Othercide because it is a turn-based tactical like XCOM or Gears Tactics and had wildly positive ratings.

Nothing wrong with the game, but I didn't find I was wowed in any way.... it felt like most other turn-based tactical games, but it has a black/white color palette and a very feminist skew to the story. The story didn't hook me.... it felt like the continuation of a story from another game that I should have played before trying Othercide.

I settled on playing a bit of Endzone which is basically the game Banished, but set in a post nuclear apocalypse. It is early access and they are still building out major features, but I like it. Limited features/depth probably gives it a week before I get bored.

I hate when I buy games that fit what I like, have wildly positive ratings, and then fall flat for me personally.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I started Far Cry 5 last night.... idk why but for the first time in forever I was craving a good FPS game.

Far Cry always answers the bell.

They clearly follow a formula, kinda how Assassin's Creed follows a formula.... this is Ubisoft.... but the games are enjoyable regardless.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started Far Cry 5 last night.... idk why but for the first time in forever I was craving a good FPS game.

Far Cry always answers the bell.

They clearly follow a formula, kinda how Assassin's Creed follows a formula.... this is Ubisoft.... but the games are enjoyable regardless.

I've been thinking about getting this game. Can two players play coop in the same console, or is it only online?