What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got Far Cry 5 today and started playing coop with a friend, Anyone have tips for a noob?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just got Far Cry 5 today and started playing coop with a friend, Anyone have tips for a noob?

I played the hell out of it, so I am in a unique spot for you lol.

I find the game way too easy, but I am playing it on my PC and mouse/keyboard FPS is very different from fucking thumbsticks.

Tips

- Money is actually scarce in this game, don't expect it to really flood you with cash even towards the end
- Ammo costs money, but often you can fully stock your ammo at outposts you clear or prepper stashes you complete
- One of my common mistakes is filling up on ammo and grenades and armor, then doing prepper stash and wasting those items.
- You can play stealth if it is your thing.... it is fun for me, but it gets boring once you get the perks and the allies who do stealth.
- There are 4 consumables, but two are important IMO, one tags all enemies within range, the other gives you damage resistance.
- Most prestige weapons or vehicles are just painted copies of normal ones, don't waste your cash.
- You get 2 ally slots (not sure if co-op partner counts as one or not)
- The cast of allies is unlocked as you move around and do their missions, but nothing stops you from just getting them all early in the game.
- Some allies have funny banter if you pair them up.
- Hunting is the fastest way to get cash, every single animal you kill gives bait meat (hunting bait) and skins you can sell.
- Fishing can be okay, but it is slow in terms of trying to make money.
- Flying vehicles is way easier than you might imagine, don't shy away from grabbing a helicopter or plane.
- Air drop feels like cheating TBH, but it makes Outpost clearing feel like a SEAL Team mission so I enjoy it lol
- If you shoot civilians by accident they can/will start to kinda see you as an enemy and might try to shoot you, and if they do your allies will automatically fuck them up lol... it can lead to a vicious cycle of blue on green violence. Not sure if bugged.
- One of the only way they found to make the game hard was spawning enemies behind you/surrounding you.
- Sometimes the most fun is literally just driving thru heavily cult-owned areas and getting into running gun fights.

If you have questions hit me up... I am like 80% thru my 2nd playthru on the harder difficulty they unlock after your first campaign.

I am trying to do the completionist thing on all regions.... it takes time.

Oh last tip, I strongly recommend you try to carry a machine gun in your 3rd weapon slot (when you unlock it) because it is often the only good defense when they sic choppers or planes on you when you are on the ground.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
IDK if anyone was looking to building a gaming PC but theres a pretty good pre-built deal with a 3070.

Edit for some reason it updated to a different card. They might have sold out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah narrative-wise I understand, I played all 4 games.

I was more wondering if Bioware will continue the ME franchise and never return to Andromeda.

Kinda just dead ending it with that one game.

I actually liked the bones of Andromeda, but the game was generally too shallow to get me immersed like I was for the first 3 ME games.

I remember thinking about playing ME1 the first time, some of those like convos in the middle of that boss fight when you gotta sacrifice Ashley or the other dude (Kaiden?) and how immersed I was in the narrative.

With Andromeda every time I thought I was about to go into a narrative rabbit hole, I found I was done with the quest or story or game.

Personally, I would like for them to start in the Milky Way and maybe bring back one or two of the longer lived characters like Liara or Wrex for example. You can set it like 600 years into the future which at that point the Andromeda crew would have made it to the Andromeda Galaxy.

At that point, maybe the Mass Relay or equivalent would have been rebuilt to also allow for faster inter-galaxy travel and some crew of the Milky Way needs to get to Andromeda to worn them of the Reaper threat to the Andromeda galaxy on the basis that the events of the original trilogy only destroyed the Reapers in the Milky Way.

So the game can focus on them trying to get to Andromeda with DLC's maybe switching to the Andromeda crew as they continue to explore the new Galaxy. Then the first game and the DLC's end with the Milky Way and Andromeda's crews meeting and setting up another trilogy where they now need to convince the races in the Andromeda Galaxy of the Reaper threat.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IDK if anyone was looking to building a gaming PC but theres a pretty good pre-built deal with a 3070.

Edit for some reason it updated to a different card. They might have sold out.
I was actually looking at building one finally, but I have much research to do. Looks like AMD has taken the reigns of late

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I played the hell out of it, so I am in a unique spot for you lol.

I find the game way too easy, but I am playing it on my PC and mouse/keyboard FPS is very different from fucking thumbsticks.

Tips

- Money is actually scarce in this game, don't expect it to really flood you with cash even towards the end
- Ammo costs money, but often you can fully stock your ammo at outposts you clear or prepper stashes you complete
- One of my common mistakes is filling up on ammo and grenades and armor, then doing prepper stash and wasting those items.
- You can play stealth if it is your thing.... it is fun for me, but it gets boring once you get the perks and the allies who do stealth.
- There are 4 consumables, but two are important IMO, one tags all enemies within range, the other gives you damage resistance.
- Most prestige weapons or vehicles are just painted copies of normal ones, don't waste your cash.
- You get 2 ally slots (not sure if co-op partner counts as one or not)
- The cast of allies is unlocked as you move around and do their missions, but nothing stops you from just getting them all early in the game.
- Some allies have funny banter if you pair them up.
- Hunting is the fastest way to get cash, every single animal you kill gives bait meat (hunting bait) and skins you can sell.
- Fishing can be okay, but it is slow in terms of trying to make money.
- Flying vehicles is way easier than you might imagine, don't shy away from grabbing a helicopter or plane.
- Air drop feels like cheating TBH, but it makes Outpost clearing feel like a SEAL Team mission so I enjoy it lol
- If you shoot civilians by accident they can/will start to kinda see you as an enemy and might try to shoot you, and if they do your allies will automatically fuck them up lol... it can lead to a vicious cycle of blue on green violence. Not sure if bugged.
- One of the only way they found to make the game hard was spawning enemies behind you/surrounding you.
- Sometimes the most fun is literally just driving thru heavily cult-owned areas and getting into running gun fights.

If you have questions hit me up... I am like 80% thru my 2nd playthru on the harder difficulty they unlock after your first campaign.

I am trying to do the completionist thing on all regions.... it takes time.

Oh last tip, I strongly recommend you try to carry a machine gun in your 3rd weapon slot (when you unlock it) because it is often the only good defense when they sic choppers or planes on you when you are on the ground.

Thank you! I wish I could thank it twice. I'm really liking the game so far.
I do wish the controllers had more options. The buttons are totally different from what I'm used to (RDR 2, GTA 5) and you can't really change much.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was actually looking at building one finally, but I have much research to do. Looks like AMD has taken the reigns of late
I guess so. So hard to keep up lately but when i researched on building one earlier this year, AMD seemed to have the best price/performance value. When i finally got around to my build about 4 months ago, i went with the 5700XT and it was nothing short of a disaster for me. I crashed constantly. When i read about the value for the RTX 3070, i decided to pull the plug on the AMD GPU. Im just not technical enough to fix whatever it is thats going on with it.

I ended up just buying the prebuilt that came with the 3070 and swapped the GPU to the rig i already had. Now i gotta figure out how to sell everything else i didnt need lol. But good luck on the build. Hopefully you can land a good card without the hassle.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess so. So hard to keep up lately but when i researched on building one earlier this year, AMD seemed to have the best price/performance value. When i finally got around to my build about 4 months ago, i went with the 5700XT and it was nothing short of a disaster for me. I crashed constantly. When i read about the value for the RTX 3070, i decided to pull the plug on the AMD GPU. Im just not technical enough to fix whatever it is thats going on with it.

I ended up just buying the prebuilt that came with the 3070 and swapped the GPU to the rig i already had. Now i gotta figure out how to sell everything else i didnt need lol. But good luck on the build. Hopefully you can land a good card without the hassle.
Did you build the 5700XT build yourself or did you do a prebuilt one there too?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thank you! I wish I could thank it twice. I'm really liking the game so far.
I do wish the controllers had more options. The buttons are totally different from what I'm used to (RDR 2, GTA 5) and you can't really change much.

I find the "wheels" are kinda odd when ported to PC.

Like you get 1 throwable item at a time, but there are two different categories each of which has 3 different throwables.

So in the heat of the moment, if I decide I need a grenade, but my throwable is on bait, I need to open the wheel, find the category with grenade, and if that window isn't set to grenade, then open it and select grenade from the 3 options.

Oh and I forgot about the remote/proximity explosives where you need to go into that wheel and find the explosive of choice and toggle sticky on or off.

I'll be honest tho, I get annoyed with it, but end up realizing I don't even fucking need throwables most of the time.

This is my biggest gripe with FC5.... they built me this big sandbox where I can be creative in how to take out my opponents, but honestly you can deal with 99% of the game with a good sniper rifle and machine gun and plenty of ammo.

I can literally snipe pilots out of their planes or helicopters from really far away or just hit the vehicle with the 50 cal a few times and it crashes.

And many missions have some kind of end where you take an outpost, then they try to take it back, and I think I need to toss proximity explosives and setup an ambush, but I really just need to find a spot to snipe and shoot.

I wish they had some kind of horde mode challenge where the enemies keep coming and keep getting harder to kill.

It doesn't help that the enemy AI will almost always break cover and try to close range to shoot you.... they rarely take up positions in cover en mass and shoot at you.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and I forgot about the remote/proximity explosives where you need to go into that wheel and find the explosive of choice and toggle sticky on or off.

I didn't know you could toggle sticky on or off, why would that be an option?

It doesn't help that the enemy AI will almost always break cover and try to close range to shoot you.... they rarely take up positions in cover en mass and shoot at you.

I noticed that after only playing for an hour and a half. I like your "horde mode" idea.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't know you could toggle sticky on or off, why would that be an option?

I noticed that after only playing for an hour and a half. I like your "horde mode" idea.

My best guess.

Remote explosives should have sticky.... so you can stick them to something and move away and trigger it.

Since it was a feature for a throwable, they expanded it to most of the throwables.

It is kinda hilarious if you toss a sticky remote explosive on a cult truck that is following you.... lol you get stuck in this dilemma of "If I blow it, I die.... but if I keep letting them shoot me.... I will die." so then you have to try desperately to get away and blow the charge.

I was able to stick one to a helicopter that was in flight once.... it tried to run lol, didn't get far.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I built it.
Ah ok. Seems the 5700XT is a troublesome card based on review.

I'm sure you could sell the rest of that prebuilt, maybe just chuck the 5700 in there and try to sell the whole unit again.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ah ok. Seems the 5700XT is a troublesome card based on review.

I'm sure you could sell the rest of that prebuilt, maybe just chuck the 5700 in there and try to sell the whole unit again.
Yeah thats what i was thinking.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone start playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla yet?

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Ghosts of Tsushima was one of my recent favorites in years. Was sad to finish it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Making a list what games to buy on Black Friday if there is a deal. I know I want ghost of tushima. Anyone play watchdog legion? Looks good but want to hear anyone’s opinion that has played it

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Making a list what games to buy on Black Friday if there is a deal. I know I want ghost of tushima. Anyone play watchdog legion? Looks good but want to hear anyone’s opinion that has played it
Tsushima was nearly perfect IMO. I’m having a hard time getting into Legion, and preferred their other entries.