What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Making a list what games to buy on Black Friday if there is a deal. I know I want ghost of tushima. Anyone play watchdog legion? Looks good but want to hear anyone’s opinion that has played it
I've always found the Watch Dogs games to be dumb fun, but Legion took some of the best mechanics away (namely, triggering manhole explosions). The ability to recruit and play as any NPC gets old pretty quickly, and the game gets boring also pretty quickly.

That said, I still enjoy going to an intersection and just remotely controlling cars to cause a 52-car pileup and explosion to blow off lockdown stress

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Maybe instead of getting new games I should invest in a gaming computer. Some of those games you guys bring up here sound like lots of fun

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Playing a little days gone today. Forgot who said but damn they were right this game is long. I’m stuck on the sawmill hoard.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My best guess.

Remote explosives should have sticky.... so you can stick them to something and move away and trigger it.

Since it was a feature for a throwable, they expanded it to most of the throwables.

It is kinda hilarious if you toss a sticky remote explosive on a cult truck that is following you.... lol you get stuck in this dilemma of "If I blow it, I die.... but if I keep letting them shoot me.... I will die." so then you have to try desperately to get away and blow the charge.

I was able to stick one to a helicopter that was in flight once.... it tried to run lol, didn't get far.

I really hate that the "loot" button is the same as the pick up weapon. I can't count the times I've thrown my weapon away while looting carcasses. I love the game though, still playing coop with a friend and doing some solo stuff.

Do you know what happens in this scenario? I've started a play-through, if I hit 'start new game' so my wife could play, would that erase my saves? The saving system is not good.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really hate that the "loot" button is the same as the pick up weapon. I can't count the times I've thrown my weapon away while looting carcasses. I love the game though, still playing coop with a friend and doing some solo stuff.

Do you know what happens in this scenario? I've started a play-through, if I hit 'start new game' so my wife could play, would that erase my saves? The saving system is not good.

Same on the loot/interact button.... and there are many scenarios where you gotta fucking crouch to get the right angle to loot or grab something.

I am not sure on your save/new game scenario.

I finished the game once, then started a New Game+

But I'd be surprised if they totally erased your other saves.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not sure on your save/new game scenario.

I finished the game once, then started a New Game+

But I'd be surprised if they totally erased your other saves.

That' what I was thinking too, but once you save there is nowhere to reload a specific previous save. The only option is "continue".

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That' what I was thinking too, but once you save there is nowhere to reload a specific previous save. The only option is "continue".

The game definitely limits you to a single save point, only thing you can ever do is continue/reload last checkpoint.

I just did some research and it looks like this is a long-known problem they never bothered to fix.

On PC you can hack it so you can do many saves.

On PS4 you can, according to a forum post, upload your FC5 save to the PS+ cloud, then delete it from your HDD, then play a new game, but you'd have no option but to delete the new game when you decide to load up the old save from the cloud.

There were other posts saying you could get like one save per profile, meaning if your wife's profile started a new game it would have its own save distinct from yours, but she'd need to open the game with her account as primary.... hard to tell if this truly works or not, but it would make sense for each profile to have a save.

I'd see if your wife can start a new game and you join in as a buddy in co-op.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game definitely limits you to a single save point, only thing you can ever do is continue/reload last checkpoint.

I just did some research and it looks like this is a long-known problem they never bothered to fix.

On PC you can hack it so you can do many saves.

On PS4 you can, according to a forum post, upload your FC5 save to the PS+ cloud, then delete it from your HDD, then play a new game, but you'd have no option but to delete the new game when you decide to load up the old save from the cloud.

There were other posts saying you could get like one save per profile, meaning if your wife's profile started a new game it would have its own save distinct from yours, but she'd need to open the game with her account as primary.... hard to tell if this truly works or not, but it would make sense for each profile to have a save.

I'd see if your wife can start a new game and you join in as a buddy in co-op.

That is exactly what we tried. She made her own account (gamertag) but couldn't play coop online. I think it's because the Xbox Live is linked to my account.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Beat days gone and cleaned up every horde. Cool game and looks like it will get a sequel.

I’m thinking ghost of tushima will be my next game if they have it on sale Black Friday

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Told myself i would never get another COD but decided to pull the trigger when i installed the new GPU in the desktop. I'm surprisingly enjoying the Cold-War campaign, multiplayer and zombies. IMO consoles do this game franchise a complete disservice.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I've had my eye on Fallen Order and it's on sale for like $20 on Origin, so I picked it up. I've never played a Dark Souls-style game, so I decided to try Grandmaster from the start and have been getting mostly slaughtered trying to unlearn habits from Witcher 3 (where you can hold LT to block, hit dodge, and then immediately go back to blocking without releasing LT). And then I went to Dathomir first. Good times.

Also saw Anthem was just $8 and grabbed it, mostly as a hedge if "Anthem Next" is successful and EA decides to jack up the price. If nothing else it'll be cheap action junk food while I wait for Doom Eternal to go on sale.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Anyone get their hands on a PS5 yet? I am not dumb enough to spend over 1,000 on amazon when you can just wait a bit and save 500 dollars.

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
I've had my eye on Fallen Order and it's on sale for like $20 on Origin, so I picked it up. I've never played a Dark Souls-style game, so I decided to try Grandmaster from the start and have been getting mostly slaughtered trying to unlearn habits from Witcher 3 (where you can hold LT to block, hit dodge, and then immediately go back to blocking without releasing LT). And then I went to Dathomir first. Good times.

Also saw Anthem was just $8 and grabbed it, mostly as a hedge if "Anthem Next" is successful and EA decides to jack up the price. If nothing else it'll be cheap action junk food while I wait for Doom Eternal to go on sale.
Witcher 3 was amazing. Hoping for a Witcher 4.

Bust

Liked Posts:
December great time for gaming.

Cyberpunk 2077 and GTA 5 getting a Huge Update!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Are these gaming pc on sale for under 1000 for Black Friday complete garbage?