What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are u kidding me? Its the best multiplayer game ever
Its old now but still popular

check out this known player making this comeback

I admit I am bragging, but I once played a 10 v 10 snipers-only match in Medal of Honor where my entire team was slaughtered in the first like 2 minutes.

It was legit me vs 10 of them, and this was a really good team.... one of our rivals in the top 5 of competitive matches at the time.

It was the V2 Rocket Map.

My assignment was to go for the control room with another guy, we got to the room adjacent to the control room and went 4 on 2 for about 10 seconds.... my buddy went down and it was 4 on1, then they realized it was 10 on 1 and started rushing towards me.

It took like 2-3 more minutes of frantic lean-dodging, and I managed to get 3 of them to kill their own guys trying to kill me in close quarters, but I got all of them, including a 1on1 duel at the end.

I had 9 of my guys on vent watching me, telling me where to go and what to do, and all I did was listen to the top 3 guys on my team. I did exactly what they said pretty much and just kept moving.

Never won something like that before nor since, it was nuts.

I had the same username there as here, and one of our guys was a German dude who immigrated over to the US.

At one point I was near death with 5 of them shooting at me in close quarters, dodging shot after shot after shot, and he screams into his mic "DANCE ARES, DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Funniest shit I ever experienced... I was laughing so hard I almost got clipped.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Star Wars Squadrons

playing in VR

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Ares - Why does Nick Rye sometimes end up on foot? I thought maybe it happened when he gets shot down, but I called for him once and he was on foot from the start.

Also, is there a trick to the Clutch Nixon flying mission in Holland valley? I've gone full speed from the start and still run out of time.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Ares - Why does Nick Rye sometimes end up on foot? I thought maybe it happened when he gets shot down, but I called for him once and he was on foot from the start.

Also, is there a trick to the Clutch Nixon flying mission in Holland valley? I've gone full speed from the start and still run out of time.

Only thing I can imagine is if his plane was damaged and he did get out and parachute, and then you fast traveled.

It typically teleports your companions with you.... so if he wasn't in the plane when you fast traveled maybe it brings him along on foot?

I never saw that happen, but he is just an NPC controlling a plane, so you know he's able to operate on foot.

Not sure which Clutch Nixon flying mission you're on.... there's a plane one and a wingsuit one.

The one with the plane you can do it full speed but it leaves your reflexes very little time to adjust.

I found I had to do it 3-5 times and kinda figure out when and where to change my angle of approach to the rings when I know the next set will be far off.... like the one sequence where you circle around the island, I tended to just brush against the edges of those to try to get a good line on the next set of rings.

The wingsuit one is just challenging lol, I had to do it like a dozen times the first time I finished the game.... oddly the 2nd time I played thru I was able to do the wingsuit in one try.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks ^^^.
The only one I have left in John's territory is the plane one. That's the one I'm having trouble with. I haven't come across the wingsuit one yet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As for Cyberpunk, got in a few days of gameplay before I had to leave for the honeymoon. Early impressions are that it is a more intelligent GTA. The main story is interesting and the side missions have a bit nore thought to them than in GTA.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Clearly they're going with the ME3 "Destroy" ending as canon, with the destroyed Mass Relay and sections of the galaxy isolated/cut off from each other (there's also a dead Reaper in the background when Liara is trudging up the snow). If you had a high enough EMS had the end of ME3, Shepard lives at the very end of the "Destroy" ending, but in the teaser Liara is obviously much older (look at the crow's feet and lines around her mouth), so Shepard is probably dead now?

The control ending would have been the best path IMO with Liara leading say Shepard's kid or grandkid in a quest to defeat Shepard and his Reaper minions as Shepard's consciousness uploaded at the end of ME3 has slowly been corrupted over time.

The trailer could then be Liara on a quest to find relics of human Shep's past with the hope being it helps Reaper Shep remember who he is.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have it on xbox and it is definitely buggy as it crashes randonly every 3-5 hours of gameplay but the story, characters and gameplay are worth it for me. It autosaves often and I save quite a bit so never really lost more than 10 minutes of gameplay.

But yeah if you want a bug free experience then best to wait.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I got sick and decided not to start CP2077.

I think I may give it a few months of bug squashing before I begin playing it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They have released a few patches so far including one that is updating now. The next big one is in Jan.

As for gameplay, I am on the point of no return mission so just finishing up sidequests before completing that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I started Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday.

It has crashed like a dozen times in the first 2-3 hours of gameplay.

And they are random CTDs..... I reload and play a bit more and somewhere it will crash.

Usually when it transitions from the normal open-world explore to some kind of communications, like phone or text, but also sometimes the tutorial type prompts that inform me about the world will also cause CTDs.

I updated GPU drivers and had to redownload a 7GB file when I did the Steam verify.

All I can conclude is that the game is just riddled with so many bugs right now that playing thru the game without disruptions is not currently possible.

This is an Early Access release portrayed as a 60$ AAA release by CDPR.

I love the game when it works, it makes me want to keep just reloading the game to play 20-30 mins more before another crash, but at some point it just wrecks the game.

Sigh.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I started Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday.

It has crashed like a dozen times in the first 2-3 hours of gameplay.

And they are random CTDs..... I reload and play a bit more and somewhere it will crash.

Usually when it transitions from the normal open-world explore to some kind of communications, like phone or text, but also sometimes the tutorial type prompts that inform me about the world will also cause CTDs.

I updated GPU drivers and had to redownload a 7GB file when I did the Steam verify.

All I can conclude is that the game is just riddled with so many bugs right now that playing thru the game without disruptions is not currently possible.

This is an Early Access release portrayed as a 60$ AAA release by CDPR.

I love the game when it works, it makes me want to keep just reloading the game to play 20-30 mins more before another crash, but at some point it just wrecks the game.

Sigh.

From everything I have read it sounds like this game should still be in Beta.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ps5
Miles Morales
Cold War
Last of Us 2
I’m waiting for Far Cry 6

xbox series x
Madden
2k21
Dante’s inferno

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've had two minor issues with CP2077 on PC. One mission the person i was supposed to kill just stood there looking out a window as i killed her and the other was a road magically turning into a bridge and i crashed my car and it disappeared. Outside of that i got about 5-8 hours of gameplay in without issues, except the game isn't really that good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I finished the main story and on my 2nd playthrough.

I had one major issue where I crashed my bike in the middle of the road and was teleportrf to the middle of the ocean. Otherwise it crashes like every 2 or 3 hours or so.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lots of people bitching about Cyberpunk on PS4. I've got like 70 hours into it, and it has only crashed like 5 times total. I guess I'm just lucky?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They did do a few patches now.