What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok finished my 3rd character on Mass Effect Legendary. Really looking forward to a new Mass Effect game as playing the series again reminded me of how great the character development is when they get it right.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I bought it when it was released despite the bad reviews. After playing it, it was very clear that most of those reviews came from people who only played the game for a few hours.

It's a very long game and gets better as you play it.
I've got some hours into it now. Better bike, better weapons, got into the story a bit, killed a few hordes, etc. I think it's fantastic. Shame so many shit on it on release. Really glad they put it on PS Plus otherwise I probably would have never played it.

Reactions: BNB

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Bought Velheim. Its not a traditional survivor game. Sure there are elements to survival, but its not the main driving force. Well I guess the goal is to survive, but its not built like a traditional survivor game like Green hell (Great survival game BTW. I havent played it in years since all the new updates though).

Ive only put 2 hours in Velheim, but it just seems like an adventure/rpg with building/crafting and survival elements. Which isnt bad I guess. Ill have to progress to see how the Boss fights are.

Wish the game were more graphically intense and had a better UI. Its still an early access game.

Was surprised to see the game was less than 1GB to install.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bought Velheim. Its not a traditional survivor game. Sure there are elements to survival, but its not the main driving force. Well I guess the goal is to survive, but its not built like a traditional survivor game like Green hell (Great survival game BTW. I havent played it in years since all the new updates though).

Ive only put 2 hours in Velheim, but it just seems like an adventure/rpg with building/crafting and survival elements. Which isnt bad I guess. Ill have to progress to see how the Boss fights are.

Wish the game were more graphically intense and had a better UI. Its still an early access game.

Was surprised to see the game was less than 1GB to install.

I liked the look of it, but figured it wasn't truly a survival game as you say.

I played thru Green Hell like 4 months ago and yeah, like 90% of Green Hell is purely trying to survive lol.

My only gripe with Green Hell is that it feels like half an experience somehow... like you get to a point where you've figured out a good camp and stock up on resources. It almost felt like I was heading for some kind of challenge, like surviving a major storm or something, but really once you got plenty of resources and gear the only point was to make it easy to traipse around the jungle to finish up the story.

It has incredible bones.... I hope they continue to build on it.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I liked the look of it, but figured it wasn't truly a survival game as you say.

I played thru Green Hell like 4 months ago and yeah, like 90% of Green Hell is purely trying to survive lol.

My only gripe with Green Hell is that it feels like half an experience somehow... like you get to a point where you've figured out a good camp and stock up on resources. It almost felt like I was heading for some kind of challenge, like surviving a major storm or something, but really once you got plenty of resources and gear the only point was to make it easy to traipse around the jungle to finish up the story.

It has incredible bones.... I hope they continue to build on it.

Yeah the best part of green hell was learning the game. Getting stalked by a tiger was interesting until you learned their locations and pathways. I remember running blinding at night along the coast and a caiman ending my life.

Once you figured the game out and solidified a camp/routine, it became too easy and a chore. I did go back and complete the story, then started guerrilla warfare on all the tribes camps and finally tried to just build in unique locations to extend game time, but eventually got bored. It was fun for awhile though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah the best part of green hell was learning the game. Getting stalked by a tiger was interesting until you learned their locations and pathways. I remember running blinding at night along the coast and a caiman ending my life.

Once you figured the game out and solidified a camp/routine, it became too easy and a chore. I did go back and complete the story, then started guerrilla warfare on all the tribes camps and finally tried to just build in unique locations to extend game time, but eventually got bored. It was fun for awhile though.

Yeah lol early in the game when you get into any of those nasty spirals where you're character is going insane, especially at night.

But yeah you figure out.... jungle cats.... queue up the spear throw and just nail em in the face, they disappear for a while and always come back in the same areas.

Green Hell should spin off a Zombie Apocalypse survival game using their existing code base as the framework for future survival titles.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Yeah lol early in the game when you get into any of those nasty spirals where you're character is going insane, especially at night.

But yeah you figure out.... jungle cats.... queue up the spear throw and just nail em in the face, they disappear for a while and always come back in the same areas.

Green Hell should spin off a Zombie Apocalypse survival game using their existing code base as the framework for future survival titles.

I wish they would do something else. For me Green Hell is two years old, and Im ready for another game from Creepyjar. Instead they keep developing for green hell while they are still selling copies and expanding into the console market. So, who knows how long until they put something else out. Perhaps not until the well runs dry on this game.

I read they were even doing a green hell board game.

I wouldnt put Zombies past them, I know their team was apart of games like dying light, dead island, and silent hill.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Anyone got a recommendation for games that are more fun and chill and not super competitive?

I have been playing mostly online PVP stuff and sometimes I just want to slow down and have a nice chill low stress night of gaming.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone got a recommendation for games that are more fun and chill and not super competitive?

I have been playing mostly online PVP stuff and sometimes I just want to slow down and have a nice chill low stress night of gaming.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
No Many's Sky
I kind of dig the open world superhero games like the Arkham series or the Spider-Man games on PS.
Crackdown
Saints Row

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

RDR 2 is a great one if you haven't played it yet.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Played the Winter Survival Simulator demo . Its okay. It reminds me of The Long Dark with updated art/graphics. Demo is short and basic, so Im unclear how in-depth the full release will be. If it brings more content like The Long Dark, it will be a fun play for a little while. Its worth a free look if youre into survival.

Valheim is okay for what it is. I wasted 10 Hours grinding, building several camps, stocking mass amounts of meat and skill upping only to realize I couldnt get certain items without defeating the boss. I was already clearing out crypts and taking on monsters in the Black Forest.

Killing the first boss was fairly easy with an upgraded bow and skill level 30. To be honest, you could probably beat it with a base bow and level 5 skill. This opened up different items and more gameplay options.

Basically each boss battle opens up different mats and the such. Beating boss one opened up Copper/Tin to make Bronze and practices such as smeltering/farming/cooking in a cauldron began

I cant even get to iron age until I beat boss two. This process continues with each boss. Build up to beat boss and the enemies of their biome. Then rebuild up to beat the next boss and their biome schmucks etc.. meh

Item/ore collection isnt well balanced at all. Food is everywhere, but unless youre buffing for health/endurance you dont need to eat at all especially if you just stay in the meadow biome building and the such. You will need to eat when you start to battle bosses or venture into other biomes

However, when you get tocopper/tin after beating boss 1, that ore is around, but is limited to the black forest in small quantities and you can only carry so much. What a chore. And you need a lot of metals for items/upgrades. Had to cheese the game by using multiple maps and switching my character between the two maps to speed up the process.

Game is still okay Solo, but the grind would definitely lessen with co op. Lots of content for an early access game.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've got some hours into it now. Better bike, better weapons, got into the story a bit, killed a few hordes, etc. I think it's fantastic. Shame so many shit on it on release. Really glad they put it on PS Plus otherwise I probably would have never played it.

Yeah, I hate those people with a dying passion. Because of them, so many people didn't buy the game. As a result, it looks like Sony didn't want a sequel, which was met with lots of anger. Many of these people who were angry actually just played it recently when it was free. I think the creator of the game said something along the lines of, "well I guess you should have bought the game the first time around if you wanted a sequel."

I'm still holding onto hope... There is a secret ending to the game that will literally make you go, "WTF??" and make you want more.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Finally played through This war of mine. Its a side scrolling survival, crafting, inventory management game set in a urban war zone.

Its okay. I managed to beat the game on my second game start. I didnt know when the end would come, if I did, I would have played differently. I didnt even explore all the locations. Would be worth a second play with different characters, since each character has its own strengths/weaknesses and just to see all the locations.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I been playing thru Doom Eternal.... they just updated it so you can play with ray tracing.... holy fuck does it look cool.

On the downside, the 99C+ temps I'm hitting on my CPU has led me to conclude I need to break this bad boy open and replace the thermal paste.

Why in the fuck can't they just use good thermal paste or let me pay extra for them to use Arctic Silver.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, I hate those people with a dying passion. Because of them, so many people didn't buy the game. As a result, it looks like Sony didn't want a sequel, which was met with lots of anger. Many of these people who were angry actually just played it recently when it was free. I think the creator of the game said something along the lines of, "well I guess you should have bought the game the first time around if you wanted a sequel."

I'm still holding onto hope... There is a secret ending to the game that will literally make you go, "WTF??" and make you want more.
So I just finished the main story last night. Now to run around and do random stuff until the Secret Ending...

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I been playing thru Doom Eternal.... they just updated it so you can play with ray tracing.... holy fuck does it look cool.

On the downside, the 99C+ temps I'm hitting on my CPU has led me to conclude I need to break this bad boy open and replace the thermal paste.

Why in the fuck can't they just use good thermal paste or let me pay extra for them to use Arctic Silver.

Does it play like the Doom prior to it? I liked that Doom, but I swear it was like fighting the same battles over and over just on different maps. Still fun, but got repetitive.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Been playing Raft. Its a time waster for sure. Theres not much of a challenge to it. It can be tedious in ways. Getting certain resources can be a slow process. Float to a to get 4 metal ores and then float to b and repeat to z. Its okay for a pretty laid back pointless survival builder.

Picked up ARID. Its a Free Steam desert survival game made by students on a grant from Breda University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands. Its not the open world game Im looking for, Its linear and has a story to it, but the1-2 hours I played so far seems promising. Its worth a look. Ill play through it completely eventually.

Edit: Apparently ARID is open world, but has been linear in my brief playthrough.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does it play like the Doom prior to it? I liked that Doom, but I swear it was like fighting the same battles over and over just on different maps. Still fun, but got repetitive.
It is very similar, but they did change a few things.

-No more pistol, you gotta have ammo or chainsaw something.
- BFG is now another weapon in the arsenal instead of being a special button
- More items to hunt and reasons to explore the maps
- New rune system (3 usable at any one time) that helps your play style.
- Different suit upgrade system, better IMO

The maps don't feel as repetitive IMO and they changed up the waves so it wasn't the same type of demons in the same waves again and again.

I know what you mean on the 2016 DOOM.... it was lots of fun, but did get repetitive.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Finished the last chapter of Raft then kicked it to the curb. IDK when the next chapter is out, but Im bored of that game.

Started playing Project Zomboid on the IWBUS 41 Beta and the shit is hard. Played some survival on the normal released version and it seemed easier on normal. 41 beta doesnt let you adjust difficulty on survival, so it is what it is. However the beta has gameplay updates and seems to be the way to go. Lots to learn, fairly enjoyable. Its like the Sims 2 meets the zombie apocalypse.

Also started playing Grounded. Honey I shrunk the Kids meets survival craft/builder. Games is great visually. Also a lot to learn. Its an Xbox play anywhere title too, so thats a plus. One price for a copy for me on PC and one for the Kids on Xbox.

Both have been fun in my limited time with each. IDK which one will get most of my time going forward.