What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
one day i want to run through the god of war franchise. Those actually look fun, as opposed to Uncharted, which came with the PS4 and i almost threw it out the window.
Lol. I actually liked the Uncharted series, but realize it isn't everyone's cup of tea. 4 was probably the best in the series.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have a friend who is obsessed with ghost of tsushima and drove up to wisconsin to wait in line for one for like 4 hours (while he is unemployed??). I agree with @nvanprooyen that I'ma wait until more titles come out and the price drops
I’m still on the nioh dlc. Next game is either ghost or nioh2

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
one day i want to run through the god of war franchise. Those actually look fun, as opposed to Uncharted, which came with the PS4 and i almost threw it out the window.
the new god of war is a masterpiece

the old one are way different and not nearly as good

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you have the old Xbox and Ultimate then there are a lot of new games that are free on there now. Just downloaded Madden 22 for free. Stopped buying those games a long time ago but figured I would try it out since it was free on the old Xbox.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you have the old Xbox and Ultimate then there are a lot of new games that are free on there now. Just downloaded Madden 22 for free. Stopped buying those games a long time ago but figured I would try it out since it was free on the old Xbox.
Kinda related. I just built a new PC, minus a GPU because prices are stupid right now. Been on a MB Pro forever. Didn't build with the intent of gaming...just dev work, photography and some video editing was the primary purpose outside the day to day stuff.

Started playing Forza Horizon 4 and I can get around 60fps at 1080p on medium settings with the integrated chip graphics. Having fun with it so far. Will probably add a GPU when prices drop. I may be hooked despite swearing off PC gaming for over a decade.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kinda related. I just built a new PC, minus a GPU because prices are stupid right now. Been on a MB Pro forever. Didn't build with the intent of gaming...just dev work, photography and some video editing was the primary purpose outside the day to day stuff.

Started playing Forza Horizon 4 and I can get around 60fps at 1080p on medium settings with the integrated chip graphics. Having fun with it so far. Will probably add a GPU when prices drop. I may be hooked despite swearing off PC gaming for over a decade.
what GPU you looking to get?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
what GPU you looking to get?
I'm not really sure yet. Nothing extreme. As long as I can run most things at 60fps, 1440p on high settings I'll be happy. I don't want to pay 2x msrp though. God damn crypto miners...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not really sure yet. Nothing extreme. As long as I can run most things at 60fps, 1440p on high settings I'll be happy. I don't want to pay 2x msrp though. God damn crypto miners...

Just bought four of the RTX 3080s to build a mining rig.

Sorry, gaming friend.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just bought four of the RTX 3080s to build a mining rig.

Sorry, gaming friend.
What did you pay for them?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What did you pay for them?

One pair on Amazon for 1650 each, so about 3300$.

Then a pair from Walmart at about 1800$ each, so about 3600$.

All in around 7k for all 4 before taxes.

Coincidentally, I had to stop writing this post and go downstairs because the 3rd of the 4 of them arrived and my doorbell rang lol.

1 more to go and I'll have all 4 of my starting GPUs, I think last one will arrive on Monday.

The fucking board is coming from China tho, so ill be stuck waiting a couple weeks to finish the build.

Might be the first time the board/PSU is the last thing I install lol

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Coincidentally, I had to stop writing this post and go downstairs because the 3rd of the 4 of them arrived and my doorbell rang lol.

1 more to go and I'll have all 4 of my starting GPUs, I think last one will arrive on Monday.

The fucking board is coming from China tho, so ill be stuck waiting a couple weeks to finish the build.

trade me a 3080 for my 3070 and I'll like all of your posts forever.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Serious question - how long does it typically take to break even after the hardware costs / power consumption etc?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Serious question - how long does it typically take to break even after the hardware costs / power consumption etc?

Well this is my first one, but if my numbers are correct I should break even on the original build in 8-12 months.

But I'm mining crypto... what I mine today might be worth 10% or 1000% of what it was worth when I mined it.

So, my best guess is 8-12 months.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well this is my first one, but if my numbers are correct I should break even on the original build in 8-12 months.

But I'm mining crypto... what I mine today might be worth 10% or 1000% of what it was worth when I mined it.

So, my best guess is 8-12 months.
i still dont understand any of this crypto mining shit. How much can i mine if i use my old 5700XT on dial up?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i still dont understand any of this crypto mining shit. How much can i mine if i use my old 5700XT on dial up?

A tiny amount.... you'd be better served having your 3070 mine for you while you aren't using it to game.

Either way you'd mine a pitiful amount, but it might be worth something in a few years.

If you understand what crypto IS, then you understand the mining.... the mining is just the processing of transactions of a given cryptocurrency.

If you don't understand what cryptocurrency is, for the love of God, do not ask me to explain further lol.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A tiny amount.... you'd be better served having your 3070 mine for you while you aren't using it to game.

Either way you'd mine a pitiful amount, but it might be worth something in a few years.

If you understand what crypto IS, then you understand the mining.... the mining is just the processing of transactions of a given cryptocurrency.

If you don't understand what cryptocurrency is, for the love of God, do not ask me to explain further lol.
i was joking.

I know what crypto is(sort of) but i dont get the whole mining thing. My whole PC setup creates enough heat. I imagine mining would melt my room

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
i was joking.

I know what crypto is(sort of) but i dont get the whole mining thing. My whole PC setup creates enough heat. I imagine mining would melt my room
I don't know much about it either, but here is my VERY basic understanding of it...

- Get a wallet
- Buy a bunch of GPUs
- Install some mining software and configure it. Figure out what pool you want to mine. Etherium seems to be popular these days.
- Run that shit all day and use a bunch of power depending on the configuration
- ???
- Sell your coins for actual money.
- Profit, hopefully based on the wide swings of value

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i was joking.

Lol so no offense, you don't understand cryptocurrency then.