What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Bust

Liked Posts:
Holy Moly Guacamole! Squad looks badass!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On my second playthrough of Elden Ring. Fun game but the story is a bit disappointing and probably the easiest Fromn Software game to date. The sheer freedom you have in builds means it is a bit too easy to create an overpowered character. Mimic and Black Knife Tiche are severely overpowered. There are times I just summon them and they kill the enemy without me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Master Chief Collection on Steam.

I honestly forgot how much I enjoyed this series on Xbox/Xbox360/XB1.

Playing it on PC I am just so much better at it lol.

The initial install only does Halo: Reach, and the installs are controlled inside the game, which is very strange because it uses Steam to do the downloading/verifying/installing.

Anyways, be prepared to wait for a 7.9GB download for Halo 1 and then however long to verify/install the files which is like 5-10 mins rn.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Master Chief Collection on Steam.

I honestly forgot how much I enjoyed this series on Xbox/Xbox360/XB1.

Playing it on PC I am just so much better at it lol.

The initial install only does Halo: Reach, and the installs are controlled inside the game, which is very strange because it uses Steam to do the downloading/verifying/installing.

Anyways, be prepared to wait for a 7.9GB download for Halo 1 and then however long to verify/install the files which is like 5-10 mins rn.
I’m playing the same right now on game pass lol. Finished reach and will finish ce. Was just killing time for trek to yomi which was a day 1 release on game pass.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Run dino, run!
Rawr!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m playing the same right now on game pass lol. Finished reach and will finish ce. Was just killing time for trek to yomi which was a day 1 release on game pass.

I finished Reach and moved on to Halo CE.

I was having a nostalgia blast for the first few levels.

One thing I forgot was how fucking long, and at times tedious, the level designs were.

The mission where you discover the Flood is well done in the first half, then they attack and you're supposed to "Escape!"

I spent like 20 mins dipshitting around trying to figure out my escape route, not fully realizing they just want you to backtrack.

Then you get transported to the Monitor Station and its like 30 minutes of following floor signs and getting ambushed, and you think "Well surely the next mission will be a little less of a marathon."

Oh no they double down on this strategy with a good like 45 minute trek along a single path following arrows on the ground until you're DEEP in this installation, only to recognize you've got to simply backtrack the entire map, re-fighting every section of the map as you go.

Don't get me wrong, Halo: CE is a fun game, but the pacing is bad and forcing the player to backtrack to the start of your map so you can get double the play out of it is bullshit (most of the time).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I finished Reach and moved on to Halo CE.

I was having a nostalgia blast for the first few levels.

One thing I forgot was how fucking long, and at times tedious, the level designs were.

The mission where you discover the Flood is well done in the first half, then they attack and you're supposed to "Escape!"

I spent like 20 mins dipshitting around trying to figure out my escape route, not fully realizing they just want you to backtrack.

Then you get transported to the Monitor Station and its like 30 minutes of following floor signs and getting ambushed, and you think "Well surely the next mission will be a little less of a marathon."

Oh no they double down on this strategy with a good like 45 minute trek along a single path following arrows on the ground until you're DEEP in this installation, only to recognize you've got to simply backtrack the entire map, re-fighting every section of the map as you go.

Don't get me wrong, Halo: CE is a fun game, but the pacing is bad and forcing the player to backtrack to the start of your map so you can get double the play out of it is bullshit (most of the time).
This has been my first time ever playing halo always been a ps guy. But with game pass I’m playing everything. I mainly wanted to play also cause of the show. Well the show is absolute dog shit lol. I mean like 0/10 bad. I found a list on what order to play halo. I tried halo wars first I didn’t like that. I beat reach and ce. I’m about to start trek to yomi then jump back into halo.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Still on RDR2.. about 70 hours in.. finished chapter 2 around 20 hours in with a lot of those hours wandering. been 100% wandering since.. mainly hunting and fishing.. took forever to find a badger and panther to complete the satchels.. the panther found me the first time.. havent looked online for tips on locations and shit, so i made it a lil harder.. still cant find the legendary croc though.. looked all over..

game should be renamed rabbit stomp... idk how many rabbits have committed assisted horse hoof suicide..

taters tip is legit.. just saying hello raises honor... but i dont use it, im nearly fully red..

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Trek to yomi was fun but short. There are 4 endings and with how short it is can prob knock out all endings in a week if you wanted to. I’m prob not doing that. The story is cool. The controls are a little clunky. If I don’t replay it I will prob watch the other endings on YouTube

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone watching the Halo TV series?

I enjoyed the 1st episode and its been downhill since then.

Master Chief takes his helmet off in the 1st episode and rarely puts it on again after that.

Most of the story is about:
- Dr. Halsey (Universal Mom)
-Dr. Keyes (Dr. Halsey's attention-starved daughter)
-Cortana (Master Chief's AI gf)
-Makee (a girl kidnapped by the Covenant, Master Chief's Alien gf)
-Kai (Master Chief's Spartan gf)
-Kwan (Master Chief's azn sister-daughter-friend)

1652578347799.png

I always saw Halo as a story primarily about Master Chief and Cortana, but wtf do I know.

I actually think the cast is pretty good, and the effects/production are impressive at times.

The script is just fucking weird/confusing IMO.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone watching the Halo TV series?

I enjoyed the 1st episode and its been downhill since then.

Master Chief takes his helmet off in the 1st episode and rarely puts it on again after that.

Most of the story is about:
- Dr. Halsey (Universal Mom)
-Dr. Keyes (Dr. Halsey's attention-starved daughter)
-Cortana (Master Chief's AI gf)
-Makee (a girl kidnapped by the Covenant, Master Chief's Alien gf)
-Kai (Master Chief's Spartan gf)
-Kwan (Master Chief's azn sister-daughter-friend)

View attachment 19884

I always saw Halo as a story primarily about Master Chief and Cortana, but wtf do I know.

I actually think the cast is pretty good, and the effects/production are impressive at times.

The script is just fucking weird/confusing IMO.
Really tried to give it a shot and gave up early into episode 4. Too bad. They've had forever to develop a script for either a great Halo movie or show and they still managed to fall way short of anything close to interesting. I think I really called it quits when i saw the human women was either leading the covenant prophets or she was their Ernie Accorsi.

I don't mind him taking off his helmet because i think he does help you connect with the character a little more but to constantly have it off just makes him feel less like Master Chief. I just had a feeling it was going to be bad. The trailers made everything look so inorganic. Wooden movement. Corny shots. Blow it all up.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Drop me a PM if anybody still plays Warzone, always have room for 1.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really tried to give it a shot and gave up early into episode 4. Too bad. They've had forever to develop a script for either a great Halo movie or show and they still managed to fall way short of anything close to interesting. I think I really called it quits when i saw the human women was either leading the covenant prophets or she was their Ernie Accorsi.

I don't mind him taking off his helmet because i think he does help you connect with the character a little more but to constantly have it off just makes him feel less like Master Chief. I just had a feeling it was going to be bad. The trailers made everything look so inorganic. Wooden movement. Corny shots. Blow it all up.

I actually think they did a great job in the battle scenes, though they should tone down the video game shout-outs, its cooler when the world of Halo is just real, like when that kid runs for the big door and the Elite just shoves the saber thru his gut and the door, then rips the door open and slaughters all those people hiding.

The Spartans, on mission, are pretty well done IMO.

Problem is you see them on mission like 5-10 total minutes.

Rest of the time they are at home, and there's only 4 of them, but I haven't been able to discern if there are other Spartans operating elsewhere or if we're meant to believe these 4 are the only 4 who made it.

Agree about Makee, she's the kidnapped girl who somehow ended up in a position where she can yell at these big Covenant dudes.

I knew as soon as they introduced her and Cortana, she'd have a romance thing with Master Chief, because the plot needs Cortana to become jealous.

For the life of me I have no clue why they didn't spend this entire season with Master Chief and Cortana on missions, forming a unique bond/relationship which could then be threatened by the entrance of a character, later in the story like Makee.

How many women need to be on ambitious primary/secondary arcs in Halo?

- Halsey, huge power trip Mom thing over her daughter (Miranda Keyes), her sperm donor (Admiral Keyes), Master Chief, rest of the Spartans, Cortana, etc.
- Miranda Keyes, neglected genius daughter trying to make a name for herself outside of her Mom's shadow.
- Kwan, random diverse female character, her Dad died and she's on a quest to become a freedom fighter, idk why her story is even part of this arc, at most she should be a recurring side character.
- Kai, pink-hair Spartan girl, who has a weird sister-brother-boyfriend-girlfriend with Master Chief, she's on some kind of teenage-rebellion arc
- Admiral Margaret Parangosky, Director of ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence), she h8s everyone she talks to and wants Dr. Halsey to help her win at nothing in particular.

Meanwhile Master Chief traipsing around in his bodysuit for 7 episodes while we talk about his feels.

Does every show on television need to be tailored for a viewing audience of women on power trips?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finishing up my 3rd playthrough of Elden Ring so I can get the Platinum Trophy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m finally on halo infinite. It’s now master chief vs planet of the apes in this one lol. It’s allot diff than the rest open world style now. You can tell the feminists got involved with making the ai lose that Cortana look lol.

I did skip halo wars 1/2 and spartan assault. Not into those type of games but watched the YouTube cutscenes for the story line

Over all cool campaign story. Hollyweird had enough material to work with for a solid show if they weren’t a bunch of activist loser weirdos

Bust

Liked Posts:
Diablo Immortal is out for mobile. PC version is being released tomorrow (June 2)

The mobile version takes a large chunk of storage cause you want to download add-ons as well. If you don't have at least 128gb, I would pass, heh

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've finished Halo 1-3 and Halo 3: ODST, started on Halo 4.

Halo 2's cutscenes seemed way more polished than the crap in Halo 3.

I enjoyed ODST so much more on PC than I did on console, I'm just so much better at FPS on PC as compared to console.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m finally on halo infinite. It’s now master chief vs planet of the apes in this one lol. It’s allot diff than the rest open world style now. You can tell the feminists got involved with making the ai lose that Cortana look lol.

I did skip halo wars 1/2 and spartan assault. Not into those type of games but watched the YouTube cutscenes for the story line

Over all cool campaign story. Hollyweird had enough material to work with for a solid show if they weren’t a bunch of activist loser weirdos

H8 what they did with the show.

Should've been written to tell the story of Master Chief and Cortana, with Halsey, the Keyes, and a few others providing recurring characters and contrast.

Instead it has like 4-6 primary characters and 4-6 secondary characters, most of which are women without purpose.

When you write one story about your main character hitting a point where they're searching for purpose, its one thing, but to watch hours of content with many different important (named) characters all searching for purpose, it becomes obvious the writers have no fucking clue what story they are even telling.

They should scrap that entire writer room and anyone involved in the story production, and hire a crew of writers who loved Halo as kids/young adults.

Idk why they think woke/feminist goes with Halo, a story about a partial cyborg super-soldier with an AI partner in his head who helps him kill all the aliens who are committing genocide, killing Billions of humans across the galaxy.

What I got was a whiny cunt diatribe where I watched Master Chief dig a fucking hole in his childhood yard so he could face repressed memories like some little boy who was molested.

I just played the games.... that entire storyline they spawned was based off a 10 second bit of a cutscene.

They literally spent an entire season on whiny cunting lol.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
H8 what they did with the show.

Should've been written to tell the story of Master Chief and Cortana, with Halsey, the Keyes, and a few others providing recurring characters and contrast.

Instead it has like 4-6 primary characters and 4-6 secondary characters, most of which are women without purpose.

When you write one story about your main character hitting a point where they're searching for purpose, its one thing, but to watch hours of content with many different important (named) characters all searching for purpose, it becomes obvious the writers have no fucking clue what story they are even telling.

They should scrap that entire writer room and anyone involved in the story production, and hire a crew of writers who loved Halo as kids/young adults.

Idk why they think woke/feminist goes with Halo, a story about a partial cyborg super-soldier with an AI partner in his head who helps him kill all the aliens who are committing genocide, killing Billions of humans across the galaxy.

What I got was a whiny cunt diatribe where I watched Master Chief dig a fucking hole in his childhood yard so he could face repressed memories like some little boy who was molested.

I just played the games.... that entire storyline they spawned was based off a 10 second bit of a cutscene.

They literally spent an entire season on whiny cunting lol.
Dude those kwon episodes ?‍♂️ There is no art to hollywood anymore it’s just pushing agendas. They actually could do that if they weren’t lazy and focused on story first and their weird obsessions secondary