What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Got Days Gone, since it was 33% off.

It's not great, it's not bad. (I'm about 50% done with it).

If you're expecting it to be as good as The Last of Us, it's definitely not. I'll compare it to TLOU though, so you get an idea of how it is.

Pros:
  • Being able to travel on a motorcycle is cool, as it would be annoying to walk everywhere. What makes it even more interesting is that you need to refill your tank and repair your bike if it gets too damaged, making you very cautious about how you ride.

• The enemies are smarter than in TLOU. The zombies can smell you if you're close, prompting an attack. The human enemies will know you're around if you have your flashlight on, unlike in TLOU where they had no clue. The human enemies lay traps, like bear traps and noise contraptions to know if anyone is near. You have to be on the lookout for these. You also get attacked by bears and wolves.

• Being an open world game, it's nice having different missions going on at once so you can choose what you want to do. It's similar to GTA in this sense. You have side missions, tedious (but imo fun) things to do like clear out infestation zones to make riding through areas in the future safer.

• There's a lot more things you can craft (compared to TLOU), including suppressors for your weapons.

• You can collect bounties, which are ears off the zombies you kill, and turn them in for money, which you can use to buy weapons, ammo, fuel, bike upgrades, etc.

• The game has a day/night cycle, and the weather changes. The game is very different in the day and night. You have to choose when you'll do what. For example, it's much harder to clear an infestation zone in the night.

• You can hide in bushes, go on top of building, open and close doors etc. to hide from enemies.

• The melee weapons last much longer than in TLOU. In TLOU, a bat, for example, could be used for like 2 enemies. In DG, especially if you craft it with nails, you can kill about 5-6 enemies before it breaks. This is convenient when surrounded by a few enemies and you don't have time to aim and shoot.

Cons: (although I understand some of these would be pros for you).

• The story has been weak so far. In TLOU, I was hooked to the story and it seemed very genuine. In DG, in seems forced. In addition to this, the acting isn't that great.

• While the enemies are smart, their reaction time is weak. I regular run by a zombie or even a human enemy and they don't react at all until I start hitting them. This includes stealth attacks. I was very quiet early on, but then realized they aren't really hearing me when I run up behind them and do the same thing. In TLOU, I would have gotten caught every time.

• The weapons so far are "meh." I haven't unlocked all of them yet, but so far, I'm not impressed. The crossbow is frustrating to aim. The pistol is weak as hell.... I have to shoot someone 6 times before they die, unless it's a head shot of course.

• The enemies aren't "scary." In TLOU, I felt on the edge when in a dark place and zombies all around. In DG, the enemies can be more annoying. They are literally everywhere, so you just get used to seeing them, reducing the fear factor. Now, this changes when you come across a horde.... There are dozens of them, and you have to gtfo quick or you're for sure dead. Otherwise, you just get used to going around them.

• Some of the random things that pop up are frustrating. For example, you can be riding somewhere and BAM, you get sniped from someone in a tree, and now you're spending the next 15 minutes trying to kill these fuckers before you can continue. This isn't part of any mission or story line either... It just happens occasionally, but always when you're on your way to do something important.

• Ammo and supplies are EVERYWHERE. I had the option between easy, normal, and hard. I chose normal. I'm almost always fully stocked because where I go, I find what I need. In TLOU, you can to be very careful with what you use and when. Here, I don't mind using a Molotov when I don't really need to because I can find supplies to craft another one pretty quickly.

• Sometimes what you need to do isn't very clear. For example, I was in this place for 45 minutes looking for something I needed in a mission. I knew where it was because it was indicated on the map, but I had no idea how to get in. I tried everything. I looked it up on YouTube, and apparently there was a ladder tied near the top of the building that I had to shoot down. Nothing indicated that I had to that. No tip, guide, nothing. Which was weird because up until that point, every time I encountered something new, there was a tutorial that popped up showing me how to do something. But here, I just had to know that... oh yeah, see that white knotted up looking thing that you can hardly see unless you aim the gun right at it? Yeah, shoot that to release the ladder and climb up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can't tolerate the gameplay of the first game anymore, but I still have 2 & 3 installed and play them regularly. I use a save editor to make all my choices from the first game and then import that as a new character straight into 2.

Yeah the first game was a struggle. Only played it once and saved Kaiden then reloaded from Virmire and saved Ashley. ME2 and ME3 I can play over and over. Just finished the trilogy as a Vanguard with Tali as my love interest and about to play again as an Engineer with Liara as my love interest. So an opposites attract type of thing.

Was surprised that I still get emotional playing it like whe Legion asks if this unit has a soul.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Going to try playing Fall Out 76 again.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Going to try playing Fall Out 76 again.
I played this a bit last weekend because they had a free trial weekend. It was a pretty good time suck but didn't get far enough to really get into it, and not much of a tutorial on what you are supposed to do after you get out of the first vault, you just kind of start going and trying to teach yourself the game. I think I read it's going free to play soon, may pick it back up then.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I still can't get through Red Dead because everytime I start playing it takes 2 hours to finish a mission becuase I wander off like a squirrel finding shiny things.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years since Baldur's Gate 2 was released.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mario Maker 2 is out.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Man didn't realize how many people still play multiplayer on mass effect.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Making my way thru Dishonored 2

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just finished Days Gone.

I'd rate it 8/10.

It actually wound up being a great game. I don't get all the bad reviews. From what I read, it seemed like most of the reviewers didn't even play the entire game because some of the things they said were either false or made no sense. Some others played the game while it very buggy before the patches.

Earlier, I posted some cons. Some of these actually became pros.

Weapons get much better.

You get to craft different types of arrows for the crossbow. Makes using it a lot more fun.

You actually start to appreciate the amount of supplies lying around. I didn't realize this earlier, but once you pick up some supplies from a location, it's gone forever. In the beginning of the game, supplies respawn in certain locations, so I thought that was the case everywhere. As the enemies get stronger, you start to use up these supplies quickly and actually struggle to find what you are looking for.

Finding different ways to kill the 40 hordes (bunch of infected) that exist in the game is both fun and nerve wrecking.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still going through Fallout 76. Gave it another shot. Been running on a team with @JosMin

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
F1 2019......graphics are really good

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just started playing Shadow of Mordor. Pretty interesting concept with their Nemesis system.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Detroit: Become Human because it was free this month on PSN. I've been playing it 30 mins here, 30 mins there. Really enjoying the story and artwork so far.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I finally defeated Cuphead. Fuck that was difficult. Didn't help that I don't have much time to play it. I died 568 times lol. About to move on to Ryse: Son of Rome.