What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finished Shadow of Mordor and now playing Shadow of War. Pretty good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also for anyone that was a big fan of the games, the Witcher TV series is coming to Netflix. It is based on the books not the video games but still has most of the main characters from the video games if not the exact plot.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also for anyone that was a big fan of the games, the Witcher TV series is coming to Netflix. It is based on the books not the video games but still has most of the main characters from the video games if not the exact plot.

It's strange the main character doesn't speak once in that video. I was curious as to how he sounds, because in the game his voice was annoying (IMO).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didnt mind his voice. Hated Dandelion's ie the Bard/Poet

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Finished Shadow of Mordor and now playing Shadow of War. Pretty good.
I never finshed shawdow of mordor for some reason got about halfway through, but found Shadow of War on super sale so picked up the big boy edition and about halfway through the main story. Gets a bit monotonous tracking down the orc but they do enough to switch it up and keep strategy involved that it's nice. Which they would guide a little more of the story line instead of so open world, but much more going on than the first one. I really like it. Wish the controls were a little more intuitive in the fighting like in Batman.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's strange the main character doesn't speak once in that video. I was curious as to how he sounds, because in the game his voice was annoying (IMO).
You go to hell and you die... Geralt is dreamy. I was hesitant about Cavil at first, but after reading how big a fan he actually is, and how he got the role I"m excited. I read the first book a while back and it jumped all over, was hard to get into. Been meaning to pick up the other ones. Everyone treats them like Gospel. The game is masterpiece.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Going to try playing Fall Out 76 again.
I just picked this up for basically free... I had downloaded it for a free weekend and it was already but really didn't get into it much. I'm really worried it's so far along as to what it is and what you are supposed to do that a person catching up is going to be lost.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You go to hell and you die... Geralt is dreamy. I was hesitant about Cavil at first, but after reading how big a fan he actually is, and how he got the role I"m excited. I read the first book a while back and it jumped all over, was hard to get into. Been meaning to pick up the other ones. Everyone treats them like Gospel. The game is masterpiece.

First book is a collection of short stories. The others are actual novels so flow better. The novels basically center around Geralt trying to save Ciri while the short stories are just a collection of random anecdotes in Geralt's life.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never finshed shawdow of mordor for some reason got about halfway through, but found Shadow of War on super sale so picked up the big boy edition and about halfway through the main story. Gets a bit monotonous tracking down the orc but they do enough to switch it up and keep strategy involved that it's nice. Which they would guide a little more of the story line instead of so open world, but much more going on than the first one. I really like it. Wish the controls were a little more intuitive in the fighting like in Batman.

Yeah I pretty much just run around collecting intel on all the orcs in a region the first time I visit. That knocks out all the repetitiveness one time and then lets me review and plan my whole strategy for region in terms of who I want to kill vs recruit. Also lets me recruit the bodyguards of the warchiefs which if he has at least 2, it triggers a betrayal mission. Much easier to tell warchiefs that way.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah I pretty much just run around collecting intel on all the orcs in a region the first time I visit. That knocks out all the repetitiveness one time and then lets me review and plan my whole strategy for region in terms of who I want to kill vs recruit. Also lets me recruit the bodyguards of the warchiefs which if he has at least 2, it triggers a betrayal mission. Much easier to tell warchiefs that way.
Yeah, when I got the shadow shot dominate, when I go somehwere new I just jump to dominating all the green guys till I get all the intel. Helps speed things up a bit for sure. I always clear out everyone before I go for the war chiefs, then all the chiefs before the big guys, but that's probably more the completionist than the strategist in me.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
First book is a collection of short stories. The others are actual novels so flow better. The novels basically center around Geralt trying to save Ciri while the short stories are just a collection of random anecdotes in Geralt's life.
Yeah, that was my hope. I do everythign audiobook so the short stories were a bit rough with the jumping.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I haven't bought a Madden game in a long ass time, so I snagged a copy of it from Redbox to play it a little before purchase. I was playing it a little earlier today, and hung like 35 on the Packers by halftime and they had 0. I should probably bump the difficulty up, but it was cathartic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was my hope. I do everythign audiobook so the short stories were a bit rough with the jumping.

Yeah they get much better and frankly the short story book is a bit unnecessary as a lot of the stories already appear in the lore of the video games.

It is the main novels that represent a departure from the video games as the video games are more of a forking universe.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah they get much better and frankly the short story book is a bit unnecessary as a lot of the stories already appear in the lore of the video games.

It is the main novels that represent a departure from the video games as the video games are more of a forking universe.
What is the preferred order of reading? I thought there were different ways they could be ordered?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As you are reading Last Wish which is the first collection of short stories, read Season of Storms (last book published) before the short story A Matter of Price in Last Wish. Rest of books can be read in order of publication ie Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire, The Tower of the Swallow and The Lady of the Lake.

Basically, those 5 books are the core story. Last Wish and Season of Storms just flesh out the world and Geralt more but not necessary to main plot.

Last edited:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Anybody give Anthem another try after the Cataclysm update? Is it worth $20?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anybody give Anthem another try after the Cataclysm update? Is it worth $20?

I played a bit on Wed night... played two of the new story missions.

They added a melee weapon slot.... so that's cool.

I haven't gotten into the public Cataclysm piece, so maybe that's way cooler?

Like remy said a while back, a big problem is the player base has dropped so much that the matchmaking is kinda fucked at times.