What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Outer Worlds... graphics are great, but the loading screens kill me and it is a little too easy

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dark Souls... finally... I get it now.... I really do get it lol

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I finally got RDR 2 and loving it so far. Haven't tried online yet though. Still learning all the ins and outs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Steam and Gamestop havin some good sales. Heard Epic is as well.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
I finally got RDR 2 and loving it so far. Haven't tried online yet though. Still learning all the ins and outs.
I played it when it came out. I was a big fan of the first. But it was really disappointing to me. The controls really sucked and lack of more travel shortcuts sort of sucked the life out of it for me.
I still have it but haven't played it in a year. I will maybe give it another shot as I heard they added tons of stuff online.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
PS Plus has a free game called NIOH. Man what a fantastic game but its very hard. I am about to give up but I wish I knew how to play it because it really is fabulous.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Titanfall 2 free on PS Plus this month. I dont have a ton of time to play games, but I've logged maybe 2hrs into it and am enjoying it so far.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been wanting to play that one. Maybe I'll run through Gamestop and pick it up used. That's how I buy most of my games. It's rare that I pay full price for something at launch, but there's a good chance I'll do it when The Last of Us 2 comes out.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been wanting to play that one. Maybe I'll run through Gamestop and pick it up used. That's how I buy most of my games. It's rare that I pay full price for something at launch, but there's a good chance I'll do it when The Last of Us 2 comes out.

Definitely pick it up, I waited and got it cheaper too.
Story mode is great. It was worth buying just for that (to me). I'll try online someday but there's so much to do in the story mode. The hunting part of it is pretty cool.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I am so, so, so far behind. I just finished Ryse and Quantum Break. Ryse was, meh. Too short imo. I really liked Quantum Break though. Gonna play through it again and choose the opposite junction points. I'm trying so hard to get through these old games, especially before PS5 comes out. Doing my best to play the linear games. I've barely touched anything even remotely open world.

On another note: where do you guys go to get cheap PC codes to use on Steam? @botfly10 I believe you had posted something a while back, but I don't remember what because it was before I started buying games for PC. @Ares @remydat

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Same. I've got such a backlog (at least 40-60 games) that by the time I get RDR2 for PC, it'll probably be $20 anyway. Hard to play games while I'm at work all day. I like gaming sessions to last more than an hour. Especially if I really get into it, and I don't play much during football season.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same. I've got such a backlog (at least 40-60 games) that by the time I get RDR2 for PC, it'll probably be $20 anyway. Hard to play games while I'm at work all day. I like gaming sessions to last more than an hour. Especially if I really get into it, and I don't play much during football season.

RDR2 can really suck you in for longer than you plan on playing. You can't save during the missions so you kind of have to finish them. That, and just exploring/hunting/fishing can get addicting. Great game and I've only played part way through story mode.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am so, so, so far behind. I just finished Ryse and Quantum Break. Ryse was, meh. Too short imo. I really liked Quantum Break though. Gonna play through it again and choose the opposite junction points. I'm trying so hard to get through these old games, especially before PS5 comes out. Doing my best to play the linear games. I've barely touched anything even remotely open world.

On another note: where do you guys go to get cheap PC codes to use on Steam? @botfly10 I believe you had posted something a while back, but I don't remember what because it was before I started buying games for PC. @Ares @remydat

I was probably talking about g2a.com

Its a game key reseller. For a while, I used it a lot and never got scammed. The codes always work. But you know, thats just my experience.

However, its basically known now that g2a sells stolen keys. There are a lot of ways people steal them, mostly with credit card fraud, but whatever. The take home point about g2a and probably other resellers is that devs don't see a dime from those sales. So its on your conscience to use them.

I have completely stopped and just gone back to the steam wishlist and just wait for sales. But there could be arguments made about using g2a for greedy fuckwad devs like EA or whatever. That said - support SW Fallen Order!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Titanfall 2 free on PS Plus this month. I dont have a ton of time to play games, but I've logged maybe 2hrs into it and am enjoying it so far.
Campaign mode in this is pretty dang good. I'm probably a little over halfway done. If you have PS Plus, I'd definitely recommend downloading while it's free.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was probably talking about g2a.com

Its a game key reseller. For a while, I used it a lot and never got scammed. The codes always work. But you know, thats just my experience.

However, its basically known now that g2a sells stolen keys. There are a lot of ways people steal them, mostly with credit card fraud, but whatever. The take home point about g2a and probably other resellers is that devs don't see a dime from those sales. So its on your conscience to use them.

I have completely stopped and just gone back to the steam wishlist and just wait for sales. But there could be arguments made about using g2a for greedy fuckwad devs like EA or whatever. That said - support SW Fallen Order!

Honestly, I probably don't contribute much anyway since I buy a lot of used games. I'll check it out, but it sounds kind of shady so I might avoid lol.

Campaign mode in this is pretty dang good. I'm probably a little over halfway done. If you have PS Plus, I'd definitely recommend downloading while it's free.

I get all PS Plus games. Even if I have them. I just re-sell my doubles on eBay.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, I probably don't contribute much anyway since I buy a lot of used games. I'll check it out, but it sounds kind of shady so I might avoid lol.

I get all PS Plus games. Even if I have them. I just re-sell my doubles on eBay.
I used to not because I was running out of space. Picked up an external hard drive, now I download everything.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I used to not because I was running out of space. Picked up an external hard drive, now I download everything.

Yeah, I have an external as well. Before that though, I would just add them to my library. That way I had them, but they weren't actually taking up HDD space.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, g2a is def 100% shady, but not necessarily from the end user experience. It has to be reliable to maintain a storefront.

But its for sure bad to buy games from them. Especially with indie devs. There have been reports of small studios getting fucked and having to pay charge back fees on keys bought with stolen credit card numbers.

Basically, if you are trying to be a responsible consumer, don't ever use them unless you are actively trying to fuck the devs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well, g2a is def 100% shady, but not necessarily from the end user experience. It has to be reliable to maintain a storefront.

But its for sure bad to buy games from them. Especially with indie devs. There have been reports of small studios getting fucked and having to pay charge back fees on keys bought with stolen credit card numbers.

Basically, if you are trying to be a responsible consumer, don't ever use them unless you are actively trying to fuck the devs.

I'm not going to pretend I am a responsible consumer, but I do tend to support artists that I feel deserve it. I'll probably still buy most games from steam sales.