What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
@nvanprooyen

took a break from the ps4 Witcher was long af. About to start horizon zero dawn. Any beginner tips? Why difficulty you recommend?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@nvanprooyen

took a break from the ps4 Witcher was long af. About to start horizon zero dawn. Any beginner tips? Why difficulty you recommend?
Difficulty I would start on normal and move it up if it feels too easy. I thought it was about perfect there. Tips, this is a pretty good list:

One thing he didnt mention was getting the golden travel pack early on. Comes in handy and it doesn't take many resources to get. I think the first merchant that you come across that has it is just outside Meridian.

If you have any questions let me know, I may or may not know the answers. I finished the main game, and did quite a bit of side content, but not all of it.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just started RDR2 and I think I'm gonna like it, but I'm not sure if it's just me but the controls feel a bit overcomplicated and kinda clunky. It could just be that I need to get used to the pace of this game coming off stuff like God of War, Horizon, etc.

Did you start HZD yet @BEARZOMBIE?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I just started RDR2 and I think I'm gonna like it, but I'm not sure if it's just me but the controls feel a bit overcomplicated and kinda clunky. It could just be that I need to get used to the pace of this game coming off stuff like God of War, Horizon, etc.

Did you start HZD yet @BEARZOMBIE?

you’re going to love red dead. Great story. With the controls it happened to me going from playing red dead then god of war then Batman’s then Witcher and now horizon. So I think you are having the same problems I have early with a game getting used to their set ups lol.

i started the game didn’t do much. I saved the kid and started training. I want to watch a few videos to see strategies on upgrades before I waste them especially on upgrade tree

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
you’re going to love red dead. Great story. With the controls it happened to me going from playing red dead then god of war then Batman’s then Witcher and now horizon. So I think you are having the same problems I have early with a game getting used to their set ups lol.

i started the game didn’t do much. I saved the kid and started training. I want to watch a few videos to see strategies on upgrades before I waste them especially on upgrade tree
Nice. Yeah, there are definitely some things you'll want to prioritize in the upgrade tree. I saw a good video on that a while back, I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit - here it is

Also, I agree with the comments about tinker (which is way down the tree). Being able to swap out mods is pretty useful.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You'll love the story. Just take your time doing the main story missions (yellow icons on the map).

Here is a good guide for adjusting the settings: Red Dead Redemption 2 Control Settings Guide - X/A Sprinting And More

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Control is amazing

A distant second.

latest

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I had never played saints row; thought it was just a gta ripoff, but it is hilarious and fun

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I finished off Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2, fun game and a good sequel to the original.

In the campaign it gets a bit repetitive, but still fun.

I started on Greedfall over the weekend and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

If you liked the Witcher games, Greedfall is similar enough to Witcher 3 combat IMO, but different enough to be something new.

I can't tell if they planned it or if I am just bad with money in Greedfall, but I find it really challenging to scrape together a ton of money, so when I have enough to buy new/better equipment or pickup a bunch of consumables, it is satisfying.

So many games like this, you start and have no money, then you figure out a trick or just start hoarding loot and end up with a pile of cash by mid-game that you never need.

If you've played similar games before, I recommend playing it on Hard, enough challenge, but not too bad.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I looked into greedfall and putting it on my list for after horizon zero dawn looks promising.

horizon zero dawn has been fun so far enjoying it. Really smooth gameplay and hasn’t taken me so long to get used to the controls.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
just bought a 2070 superclocked so I am putting Control to the test...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone else excited to see the PS5 event this week? They are supposed to have like an hour of actual console game play.

Edit - Shit. It looks like they pushed it back. Was supposed to be on the 4th.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think I am now like 60-70% done with Greedfall.

Mid/Late game I am finding combat to be disappointingly easy.

Even the boss fights, I have like 2-3 different ways of stripping the boss armor before they can even get close to me, and now I do so much damage even a boss is 50-60% dead after my first 3-4 hits.

Oh and then my 2 companions finally attack putting the boss at like 10-20% health.

At that point I finally use my pistol which I could spam at anytime, and I execute the boss.

First boss fight took me like a dozen tries and felt like Dark Souls.... 5th+ boss fight it feels like I'm picking on toddlers.

Kinda weird, but I will finish out the story.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That’s how I felt the Witcher was. It was really hard at first but once you upgrade and learned the mutagens potions and decoctions it got really really easy. But the story was so good wasn’t disappointed by that

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That’s how I felt the Witcher was. It was really hard at first but once you upgrade and learned the mutagens potions and decoctions it got really really easy. But the story was so good wasn’t disappointed by that
How far are you into the HZD story?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think I agree... I so wanted that final boss fight to be challenging.

I upgraded everything before I went into the end.

Lol I actually made the fight longer just so it felt more satisfying.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Scoot26 I am playing a new one I think you would enjoy.

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

If you're like me, you'll need to play the first like 5 or 6 Tutorials to start getting the hang of building from an empty map.

It is at the upper limit of my tolerance for City-Building micro-management, but still fun.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone else excited for the PS4 event this week?