What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Been playing latest downloadable content for Total War Three Kindgoms ie Fates Divided.

Biding time until Mass Effect Legendary Edition drops Friday.
Curious to see how they cleaned up the combat in ME1.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone played Skyrim recently? Not sure what the latest version is, but looking for a new game to try out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has anyone played Skyrim recently? Not sure what the latest version is, but looking for a new game to try out.
If you enjoyed the older Elder Scrolls games, you'll most likely love it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Curious to see how they cleaned up the combat in ME1.

It is much better. I used to skip replaying ME1 when I replayed the trilogy as the graphics and combat just didnt compare to the later games. Also now that those things are cleaned up I actually like the broader skills available in ME1.

Now I dare say ME1 will be the most enjoyable for me as the combat is on par and I hadnt played it in so long that it geels like a brand new game. A lot of things I had forgotten and also being able to use an improved Mako and roam planets is fun.

Havent played 2 or 3 yet bit given there was less to improve I cant see how the gameplay changes much.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Kids were playing Minecraft Dungeons on Xbox 1 and I gave It a go. It was fun for a little bit. Well that little bit was about 20 hours. Farmed gear, beat the game, farmed more gear, beat the game, got bored and quit. I didn't feel the need to keep levelling up any longer.

Experiencing the Minecraft world again after all these years, it had me finally trying out Minecraft on PC with raytracing. I used Kellys RTX conversion. It definitely made it look better, but it was still just Minecraft and I didnt put much time into it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can confirm - if you want an arpg, POE is all you need. nothing else compares.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I found the inability to respec a dealbreaker.

the reason for that is that building your spec IS the game

so if you could respec 120 points or whatever in the passive tree, there is no longer anything to do, really

I mean, I get where you are comin from. just sayin tho

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok finished ME1 and it was definitey better than the original. It actually was more fun than ME2 and 3 because you had more powers and could use multiple powers in a row. In ME2 they cut down on the powers and made recharging universal. Made the game a bit tighter and power usage more strategic in the later games but it was fun just spammimg powers on Insanity one after the other.

As for choices, I saved Zhu's hope, saved the Rachni Queen, talked Wrex down, Sacrificed Kaiden, Saved the Council and made Anderson the Human Councilor.

On to ME2 where my paragon Shep will start to turn more renegade due to the Council continuing to blow him off.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I liked that game allot enjoy and don’t be too frustrated with the saw mill horde lol
Only been playing it an hour or two here and there because I don't have a ton of time for games. But I gotta say that I LOVE it so far. Scratching my head a bit why there were so many horrible reviews at release. I'd put it right up there with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, The Last of Us, etc. So far anyway...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just looked at the trailer for it.... looks pretty fucking fun.

Any idea why it isn't on Steam?
I don't think any EPIC titles are available on steam. I'm not 100% but i think the first one was by a diff dev.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Accidently clicked on my steam icon and opened it. Apparently the summer sale is on. Looked through the shit and it seems like the same ol same as last year. Valhiem seems like a newer title thats getting some love though. Anyone play it?

When did female protagonist become a search term on steam? Do people actually search by female protagonist?

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Accidently clicked on my steam icon and opened it. Apparently the summer sale is on. Looked through the shit and it seems like the same ol same as last year. Valhiem seems like a newer title thats getting some love though. Anyone play it?

When did female protagonist become a search term on steam? Do people actually search by female protagonist?
Valheim is fine for a night with some friends. A little too grindish for my taste but I think i read they've updated it recently to take some of that out of the game to make it more enjoyable. Could be wrong.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

You are in luck, Skyrim is on sale for just $16.00, Steam is giving things away right now.

Welcome to Steam

If you enjoy games there is something there for you.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only been playing it an hour or two here and there because I don't have a ton of time for games. But I gotta say that I LOVE it so far. Scratching my head a bit why there were so many horrible reviews at release. I'd put it right up there with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, The Last of Us, etc. So far anyway...

I bought it when it was released despite the bad reviews. After playing it, it was very clear that most of those reviews came from people who only played the game for a few hours.

It's a very long game and gets better as you play it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I got busy and ghosted nioh since I first started. Had to relearn playing it but didn’t start over. This game is hard ass shit but fun. I hate watching the youtubers play they make it look so damn easy while I’m getting my shit pushed in. Every time you get the hang of things they tweak it to the point of getting your ass whipped again lol