What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Bust

Liked Posts:
Diablo Immortal is the best mobile game ever. Holy fawk is this well done. PC is badass too

WOW!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude those kwon episodes ?‍♂️ There is no art to hollywood anymore it’s just pushing agendas. They actually could do that if they weren’t lazy and focused on story first and their weird obsessions secondary

Kwon was an addition that just says "Lol you think we can't add MORE feminist tropes to this Halo show about a video game story? Hold my w(h)ine."

She coulda been a fun Master Chief/Cortana sidekick.

Cortana be like her older sister, Chief like her older brother.

Chief gets the Spartans to like her and when Halsey says "Kill dat bitch."

Spartans get to go "Fuk u sed?" and then protect their friend, the way protagonists do.

I think the cast and setting and lots of this production was done really well, but the story they told was a garbled mess of feminism first, story second.

Women and supposed Male feminists need to refocus how they influence the stories they are producing.

Why couldn't they have focused on say just Cortana, Dr. Halsey, and Master Chief, with the story only cutting to one of those 3 main characters.

Why did Kwon and Makee need to be invented and introduced like disposable tropes.... little sister trope.... done.... lost girl romance trope.... done..... daughter with mommy issues trope (Miranda).... done..... teenage rebellion trope (pink hair Spartan).... done.

If you actually look at season 1 they made up this notion that Chief (and Makee) are unique as humans because they can activate old tech artifacts.

They actually invented a reason why Master Chief is important.... to the series Halo.... how far off track did they get in this writer's room that they felt the need to re-invent this story which has been told in another medium for like 20 years now.

Worse they felt some need to make Master Chief important, he's the main fucking character.

It'd be like if they re-made Harry Potter as a TV series now, and made up some bullshit about how Harry is the only baby born that can use the Elder Wand, so that's why he's important.

I mean the series is named after the motherfucker, you don't think we know he's important and it'll be revealed by the storyteller?

Fuck kinda shit.

/rant

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Kwon was an addition that just says "Lol you think we can't add MORE feminist tropes to this Halo show about a video game story? Hold my w(h)ine."

She coulda been a fun Master Chief/Cortana sidekick.

Cortana be like her older sister, Chief like her older brother.

Chief gets the Spartans to like her and when Halsey says "Kill dat bitch."

Spartans get to go "Fuk u sed?" and then protect their friend, the way protagonists do.

I think the cast and setting and lots of this production was done really well, but the story they told was a garbled mess of feminism first, story second.

Women and supposed Male feminists need to refocus how they influence the stories they are producing.

Why couldn't they have focused on say just Cortana, Dr. Halsey, and Master Chief, with the story only cutting to one of those 3 main characters.

Why did Kwon and Makee need to be invented and introduced like disposable tropes.... little sister trope.... done.... lost girl romance trope.... done..... daughter with mommy issues trope (Miranda).... done..... teenage rebellion trope (pink hair Spartan).... done.

If you actually look at season 1 they made up this notion that Chief (and Makee) are unique as humans because they can activate old tech artifacts.

They actually invented a reason why Master Chief is important.... to the series Halo.... how far off track did they get in this writer's room that they felt the need to re-invent this story which has been told in another medium for like 20 years now.

Worse they felt some need to make Master Chief important, he's the main fucking character.

It'd be like if they re-made Harry Potter as a TV series now, and made up some bullshit about how Harry is the only baby born that can use the Elder Wand, so that's why he's important.

I mean the series is named after the motherfucker, you don't think we know he's important and it'll be revealed by the storyteller?

Fuck kinda shit.

/rant
Can’t wait to see what Netflix does with god of war

Netflix to paramount plus “hold my beer…I mean wine”

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can’t wait to see what Netflix does with god of war

Netflix to paramount plus “hold my beer…I mean wine”

I never played that series, but know of it.

I'd imagine they'll turn Kranos' Son into a Daughter and focus on her relationship with her Mother.

Daughter and Mother will be ambiguously diverse.

Kranos ends up being old and half-useless, while his Daughter searches for her purpose.

Maybe kill him off in Season 2.

Or keep him barely on his own show like The Witcher, in the show The Witcher which is about a Witcher named Geralt played by a huge star (Henry Cavil) who does the character justice.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m playing bioshock right now and rumor is that’s going to become a show. Pretty fun game but I’m sure they will miss the mark with whatever Hollywood will do with it

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Been getting back into Apex Legends lately. Apparently i took down a pro the other day but still lost the team fight :*(

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
still slowly playing rdr2.. busy with work... over 100 hours now and just finally starting chapter 6..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m playing bioshock right now and rumor is that’s going to become a show. Pretty fun game but I’m sure they will miss the mark with whatever Hollywood will do with it

I played Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite.

If someone actually came up with a cogent translation of any of those stories into TV seasons I'd be impressed.

IIRC each game's story only loosely connects to the others, if at all.

Whereas a TV show made from translation of a book's story chapters into episodic seasons is mostly an organizational task, turning a video game story into a TV series requires real writing to build episodes with content.... dialogue, setting, character development, and most importantly, an actual story arc that has a destination in mind.

Bioshock in particular is not a series with a clear narrative arc telling a single story, its kinda a mashup of different stuff that makes the games fun.

Idk if they wrote any Bioshock books.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Borderlands 3 -- still incredible

Forza Horizon 5 -- ditto

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I played Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite.

If someone actually came up with a cogent translation of any of those stories into TV seasons I'd be impressed.

IIRC each game's story only loosely connects to the others, if at all.

Whereas a TV show made from translation of a book's story chapters into episodic seasons is mostly an organizational task, turning a video game story into a TV series requires real writing to build episodes with content.... dialogue, setting, character development, and most importantly, an actual story arc that has a destination in mind.

Bioshock in particular is not a series with a clear narrative arc telling a single story, its kinda a mashup of different stuff that makes the games fun.

Idk if they wrote any Bioshock books.
Idk about books either the story is interesting and no clue how can make a show out of this. But they are making bioshock 4 so wanted to play these 3. The remastered trilogy was on sale for $10 and liking it so far

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
One thing I love about this game no side missions. Everything involves the story. Now I don’t hate all side missions but some games get way carries away and allot are just nonsense busy work with no pay off for your time.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One thing I love about this game no side missions. Everything involves the story. Now I don’t hate all side missions but some games get way carries away and allot are just nonsense busy work with no pay off for your time.

Side missions should be mini-stories, but in the gaming industry's race to the bottom, they are often just a bunch of fetch quests.

Compare Mass Effect 2 with Mass Effect Andromeda.

Mass Effect Andromeda.... so many map-location fetch/button-push quests.

Mass Effect 2.... most side quests were gathering team members or quests where you developed their character story.

Greedfall, while interesting, was literally like 900 fetch quests, 10 story missions, and 5 cutscenes.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
IT IS DONE IT IS FINISHED

37861588.jpg

The regular story line for Bloodborne.. Did the trick to do get all three endings. So I had to defeat Gerhman the first hunter twice but once I used the right weapon it was pretty easy.
I'm reallly close to getting the platinum trophy so I might get the last 3 other trophies I need. They are in the Chalice dungeons and you keep all your stuff in ng+.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Was hoping for a new Elder Scrolls but congrats to the 12 people who play Fallout 76 and ESO.
Everything new that is good from both ps and Xbox seem to be remasters lol. I’m hopeful for starfield but the game is immense so it most likely will get repetitive and riddled with fetch quests like me andromeda. Next year will prob be just a good year to catch up on a bunch of games I own that I haven’t played yet

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everything new that is good from both ps and Xbox seem to be remasters lol. I’m hopeful for starfield but the game is immense so it most likely will get repetitive and riddled with fetch quests like me andromeda. Next year will prob be just a good year to catch up on a bunch of games I own that I haven’t played yet
Seriously, they keep remastering the same games over and over instead of making something new. I've always dug Fallout and ES and im into space shit so i have high hopes for Starfield. But you're right, it could be very repetitive. I was thinking early days No Man's Sky, where the aliens were randomly generated from the same 100 parts and most of them made no sense. But we'll see. Maybe this game is a big reason why ES hasn't gained much steam in recent years and its to this games benefit.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
A new elder scrolls would prob be 3-5 years out. I never played the original it’s on game pass should I play it?

I think Covid prob delayed allot of games. Allot of the people that work for these companies were the go into hiding type.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A new elder scrolls would prob be 3-5 years out. I never played the original it’s on game pass should I play it?

I think Covid prob delayed allot of games. Allot of the people that work for these companies were the go into hiding type.
First one i played was Morrowind, idk anything about the original. I tried replaying it a while back but it doesnt hold up. Id maybe give Oblivion a shot.

3-5 years seems like a long time considering Skyrim is 10 years or so old.