What are you REAL thoughts on Will Sutton?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I know that everyone's favorite blogger has soured some people on him, including me. However, if we go DB in the first, and Sutton in the second, would you be happy? Is he gonna be the 2012 or 2013 version?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would be disgusted. Not big enough to be a 1 tech and not athletic enough to be a 3 tech, simple as that. His combine was horrible. Than there are experts who also question his motor? NO WAY. I would rather Caraun Reid.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will Sutton was the best pass rusher in 2012. Not the best pass rushing DT but best pass rusher period, If we don't take Donald and Emery wants a pass rushing DT I'll take Sutton

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
i would be happy with help on our interior DL, but he doesnt fit what our scheme projects to be. Emery is looking for big guys who are versatile enough to play multiple positions on the line. That is not Sutton. At least Donald has the potential to play on the edge when you move Houston to the inside.

Bring me Hageman, or hell I'd even take Nix over Sutton

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i would be happy with help on our interior DL, but he doesnt fit what our scheme projects to be. Emery is looking for big guys who are versatile enough to play multiple positions on the line. That is not Sutton. At least Donald has the potential to play on the edge when you move Houston to the inside.

Bring me Hageman, or hell I'd even take Nix over Sutton
I don't think Hageman will be there at 51 but i do think Emery has his eyes on D.Easley but i think 51 might be too high for Easley because of his knee problems.

77AZ

Liked Posts:
I know that everyone's favorite blogger has soured some people on him, including me. However, if we go DB in the first, and Sutton in the second, would you be happy? Is he gonna be the 2012 or 2013 version?

Ive watched every game of his ASU career and with the right conditioning and coaching he can be a BEAST. The Sun Devils don't know what to do with talent, just look at Vontaze Burfict, your undrafted NFL tackles leader. Tempe has some gems such as Sutton and Bradford that just need to be worked with and dusted off. The potential is there and I would not be the least bit concerned if the Bears drafted Will. His pass rush skills, emotions and dedication will make him a success in the NFL I believe.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think he went to ASU so Bret is enamored with him. Don't have any other thoughts about gim.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Depends if you got balls to take the guy with ridiculous potential or do you wanna just play it safe. Either way Sutton won't be there with our second pick.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sutton in the second would be ok with me........he MAY still be there in the second with all the DTs available in the draft

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I was SOLD on this guy about 4-5 months ago. I mean, there were even times were I considered if he were better than Donald.

But after these awful workouts he's had over the last couple of months, I actually don't know what to believe.

He's obviously had a tough time getting into shape after he played far too big and heavy in '13, which might be the reason his workouts were so miserable. Some say that once he gets his body into '12-shape, where it certainly isn't now, he could've had a much better combine, with maybe a 4.8-4.9 dash, which would've made him a very possible selection for us in the 2nd round.

But right now I don't know where I stand on this kid, and I have no inkling whether he's a possibly top 50-pick or a day three-pick..

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I would take him in the second if we go secondary in the first. But this what needs to go down. Emery calls him during the 50th selection and says, "heres the deal kid, we are taking you with the 51st. The plane that you will be getting on won't be coming to Chicago, it will be going to South Beach and you will be attending Brandon Marshall's fat camp. If you don't agree than go fuck yourself."

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I would take him in the second if we go secondary in the first. But this what needs to go down. Emery calls him during the 50th selection and says, "heres the deal kid, we are taking you with the 51st. The plane that you will be getting on won't be coming to Chicago, it will be going to South Beach and you will be attending Brandon Marshall's fat camp. If you don't agree than go fuck yourself."

He's down to 292 as of the Marion Grice pro day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was SOLD on this guy about 4-5 months ago. I mean, there were even times were I considered if he were better than Donald.

But after these awful workouts he's had over the last couple of months, I actually don't know what to believe.

He's obviously had a tough time getting into shape after he played far too big and heavy in '13, which might be the reason his workouts were so miserable. Some say that once he gets his body into '12-shape, where it certainly isn't now, he could've had a much better combine, with maybe a 4.8-4.9 dash, which would've made him a very possible selection for us in the 2nd round.

But right now I don't know where I stand on this kid, and I have no inkling whether he's a possibly top 50-pick or a day three-pick..
There's definitely something to be said about a kid who couldn't get in the best shape he could of been in for what was one of the most important days of his life (scouting combine)

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
There's definitely something to be said about a kid who couldn't get in the best shape he could of been in for what was one of the most important days of his life (scouting combine)

Interesting you say that when he dropped about 20 pounds between the end of the season and the combine.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
great athlete with tremendous talent...

But totally undersized...

Starter potential...

Can he be a star? he has as good a chance as any other undersized DT that plays in the NFL...

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
great athlete with tremendous talent...

But totally undersized...

Starter potential...

Can he be a star? he has as good a chance as any other undersized DT that plays in the NFL...

This "great athlete" sure didn't show it at the combine. Ran a 5.34 and had a 28.5 inch vert. I have a 28 inch vert. There is no way a pro defensive lineman should have my vertical jump and since vertical jump measures power, combine that with his size and he won't do a damn thing in the nfl but get manhandled by NFL offensive lineman.