What are your expectations for the 2022 season?

jive

Liked Posts:
I don't expect much. It's a rebuilding year no matter what they say to sell tickets and advertising space.
I don't expect much in terms of free agents due to cap space.
I don't expect much in terms of draft picks because we don't have that many, and probably not in a spot to land an instant starter.
I don't expect that many wins with a team void of talent under a new regime and system.

I expect that we will be 3rd in the Norris, and anything less would be a disappointment.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I would like to see, if possible, Fields look like a legit keeper QB by the end of the year. None of the rookies last year looked for sure legit, so thee hope is a few take the next step.

Would like to just see the team be less mistake prone. Nagy's teams were too sloppy.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I would like to see, if possible, Fields look like a legit keeper QB by the end of the year. None of the rookies last year looked for sure legit, so thee hope is a few take the next step.

Would like to just see the team be less mistake prone. Nagy's teams were too sloppy.
I was going to say none, but I agree with this message fully.

is that fucking ninja kick dickhead still on the team? I don't even remember his name.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
More wins than most people expect but the need for a quarterback will be back on people's minds.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't care about record - I'm assuming it'll be pretty bad.

The most important thing is Fields and his development. We should feel fairly confident by the end of Year 2 that he's the guy.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I forgot that you hate black qbs/people
For what its worth I'd rather have Justin Fields than Trevor Lawrence or Mac Jones. But at that point you might as well just sign Marcus Mariota and save yourself the investment in money and draft picks. Its the same player.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
There is no excuse to miss the playoffs next season. We should easily be a wildcard team considering how weak our schedule is next year.

There is no reason to do a complete rebuild. As long as Poles can give Fields better protection and a better receiving option, we should be formidable.

Missing the playoffs means that Poles downgraded our team. Last year's team with an improved playcaller makes the playoffs with this year's upcoming schedule. No excuses for Poles. He doesn't get props for being a wildcard team either. This is the mere floor.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There is no excuse to miss the playoffs next season. We should easily be a wildcard team considering how weak our schedule is next year.

There is no reason to do a complete rebuild. As long as Poles can give Fields better protection and a better receiving option, we should be formidable.

Missing the playoffs means that Poles downgraded our team. Last year's team with an improved playcaller makes the playoffs with this year's upcoming schedule. No excuses for Poles. He doesn't get props for being a wildcard team either. This is the mere floor.
Yeah except that roster was aging and long-term going to cause issues with the salary cap. Also the Bears were hemorrhaging draft picks on a yearly basis to plug gaps. It was not sustainable, the bill was eventually to come due. By shedding a lot of talent the Bears hurt 2022 but have way more flexibility long term.

I'm not advocating for a protracted Cleveland Browns style rebuild, nor would I want to intentionally lose. I'm just saying...its OK to suck a little next year. Still I don't think they'll be that far below .500.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see professional level coaching and a QB getting better

Username

Liked Posts:
I expect a mediocre GM drafting mediocre talent to make a mediocre team. But I hope for the best.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Liked Posts:
Expecting a rough season since a lot of the roster is being blown up so we can start from scratch.

The number of 1 year contracts Poles has given out shows that next offseason is when he’s going to start investing heavily. With that in mind I’d be happy with an obvious on field identity and less indiscipline. Couple that with Fields showing an ability to learn from his mistakes last season and I’d be content.

If I come out the season optimistic the team has a collective identity I can forgive the lack of talent because I’m sure that’ll come next offseason.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Want to a see much better scheme offensively and defensively for that matter. Not as much the talent but the "foundation " so to speak. The talent will not all be acquired in one off season

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My expectation?

It was obvious from jump this thing was going to need a major rebuild. And when we found out who was hired as GM and HC, and the systems they are bringing in, that only confirmed it.

The only question I had was whether Poles would have the guts to just rip the bandaid off and start treatment right away, or whether he was going to try to nurse it slowly over a few years.

To me, he's doing it the right way in ripping off the bandaid and then dealing with whatever happens after in this situation, so he's already won me over.

Beyond all that, I am willing to let them bring in talent, figure things out, and work through things. My only thing is, have a plan to protect Fields.

Now, I know for some, that means overspending on free agents. You know, like such classics we've brought in recently like Germain Ifedi, Elijah Wilkenson, and perhaps the pinnacle of recent FA O-Linemen, Bobbie Massie.

For me, however, knowing that our GM and Assistant GM have a track record of finding VERY good O-Line talent in the draft for their respective organizations, I'm going to give them the chance to draft their way out of this. I know some are worried about youth, and I get it but only to an extent. Youth on the line is most crucial at center. That's because the center needs to understand the offense, see the defense, and make the line calls on who is everyone's assignment.

We already have a vet who understands this. That is Patrick, who we just signed and knows Getsy's system well. Otherwise, there may be a hiccup here and there, but just by having a steady hand at center, it can mitigate a lot of the mistakes of youth, as long as the lineman is physical. Look at Kyle Long's rookie year, for instance. He didn't sit. And it didn't really cost him, because he just flat destroyed people. The Bears are looking for Kyle Long-type people to be across the WHOLE LINE. Patrick is of that mold. Jenkins is of that mold. You're likely stuck with Whitehair for another season. So that means they just have to find 2 more of that mold in the draft.

I think they can do that.

Interesting note. The Bears did tender Lachavious Simmons, despite letting everyone else walk. Simmons was thrown in unprepared and did look like ass in his one real appearance. But when you look at his college tape, he had that aggression and he has the frame that Poles likes. They aren't married to the guy, but they might have kept him because they want a look at what he can do with some real coaching. A dark horse that could potentially surprise people.

As for the season - I just want to be entertained this year, win or lose, and see growth from Fields and the offense. Record doesn't matter to me this year, as it never does in a rebuilding year.

The Bears 2014 season, while a headache for most of it, ended up becoming super fulfilling because of the last 4 games, because the defense finally gelled, and you saw something special there.

I'm cool with waiting to see what happens. As long as Fields and the offense progress, everything else this year is gravy.