What Bears 4-3 can look like....suggestions?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the offseason, I dont know cap ramifications or releases...wondering what CBMB thinks, the starting D will look like with current roster.

DE:
DT:
SLB:
MLB:
WLB:
CB:
S:
NB:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
DE = Quinn & Blackson
DT = Tonga & Nichols
WL B = Roquan
MLB= Trevis Gipson
SLB = Mack
CB = Graham & JJ
S = Jackson & Bush

With current roster....obviously need some upgrades, but not many....not crazy about the Safeties, Blackson a back-up, Nichols hasn't improved since rookie season, but a back -up....I'm very intrigued about Gipson...he showed flashes of being very good...ditto Tonga....i'd like to c coaching get these two to the next level.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
If Roquan is not a perfect fit we should be able to get at least a 1st for him ?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DE = Quinn & Blackson
DT = Tonga & Nichols
WL B = Roquan
MLB= Trevis Gipson
SLB = Mack
CB = Graham & JJ
S = Jackson & Bush

With current roster....obviously need some upgrades, but not many....not crazy about the Safeties, Blackson a back-up, Nichols hasn't improved since rookie season, but a back -up....I'm very intrigued about Gipson...he showed flashes of being very good...ditto Tonga....i'd like to c coaching get these two to the next level.
What's funny, is I thought about Gipson a MLB ...but I don't think he has it upstairs to be QB of D.

Mack was All Pro DE...him and Quinn are D Ends

Ogletree at MLB

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DE = Quinn & Blackson
DT = Tonga & Nichols
WL B = Roquan
MLB= Trevis Gipson
SLB = Mack
CB = Graham & JJ
S = Jackson & Bush

Nichols will be a FA.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
What's funny, is I thought about Gipson a MLB ...but I don't think he has it upstairs to be QB of D.

Mack was All Pro DE...him and Quinn are D Ends

Maybe Gipson SLB ....Ogeltree MLB....... or Gipson as DE and Mack still SLB........but from what i've this season I want to c Gipson on the field somewhere....

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
DE = Quinn & Blackson
DT = Tonga & Nichols
WL B = Roquan
MLB= Trevis Gipson
SLB = Mack
CB = Graham & JJ
S = Jackson & Bush

Don't overthink this. Mack is a DE.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
ok......u guys have changed my mind......Mack DE .....Gipson SLB.....Ogletree MLB
Gipson is a DE. The Bears need to find two linebackers.

They need a safety and a corner, though Graham is potentially a great fit in a zone defense, so maybe just a nickel back.

And we'll have to see with DTs. Ideally you've got a penetrating 3 technique. Not sure anyone fits that profile on the roster.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
He wont be a starter but I'm exicted to see what Charles Snowden can do at Right End as a pure pass rusher at 6'7. He also played in space alot in college, could offer flexibility as a Sam LB in the Hunter Hillenmeyer role.

I always thought he was a wierd scheme fit at ROLB in a 3-4, and too light in the ass to be a Roy Robertson-Harris clone at 5 technique. A switch to a 1 gap 4-3 and his quick first step will be exciting to watch.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think ideally both Roquan and Ogletree are both WLBs. We need a Mike, IMO.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
DE: Mack, Quinn, Gipson
DT: Goldman, Blackson, Edwards, Tonga
SLB: FA/draft pick
MLB: FA
WLB: Smith
CB: Johnson, Vildor, Graham
S: Jackson, FA
NB: FA/draft pick

I think Trevathan has played Mike in Denver, but no way he's not cut. Don't really have a legit 3-technique or Strong LB on the roster, though SLB doesn't matter as the Colts played the most nickel in the league.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
DE: Quinn, Mack
DT: Goldman, Tonga
If that front four could stay healthy and play to its ability this defense has a chance of being really damn good. The more pressure they can put up front the easier things become for our secondary.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
DE: Mack, Quinn, Gipson
DT: Goldman, Blackson, Edwards, Tonga
SLB: FA/draft pick
MLB: FA
WLB: Smith
CB: Johnson, Vildor, Graham
S: Jackson, FA
NB: FA/draft pick

I think Trevathan has played Mike in Denver, but no way he's not cut. Don't really have a legit 3-technique or Strong LB on the roster, though SLB doesn't matter as the Colts played the most nickel in the league.
Colts also didn't have a real 3 tech. I think they will be built to play some of both fronts.

Would think there's a pretty good chance Anthony Walker will be signed to play Mike/ILB and then a cheap Sam who plays only about 25% snaps, maybe Zaire Franklin or a guy coming off injury like Josey Jewell.

greg23

Liked Posts:
DE = Quinn & Blackson
DT = Tonga & Nichols
WL B = Roquan
MLB= Trevis Gipson
SLB = Mack
CB = Graham & JJ
S = Jackson & Bush

T Gipson as the MLB is pure comedy.

He's an OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3...edge rusher.

Stop moving people to places they don't play.

As currently constructed in a base 4-3 the bears are missing at least 1 lb (and really only have one in Roquan).....and the reality is teams are in nickle at least 2/3 of the time anyway

Barring trades or salary dumps the olb/de/pass rushers are

Mack/quinn/Gipson
with
Irvin/Snowden/Mack as the next group

dennehy

Liked Posts:
T Gipson as the MLB is pure comedy.

He's an OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3...edge rusher.

Stop moving people to places they don't play.

As currently constructed in a base 4-3 the bears are missing at least 1 lb (and really only have one in Roquan).....and the reality is teams are in nickle at least 2/3 of the time anyway

Barring trades or salary dumps the olb/de/pass rushers are

Mack/quinn/Gipson
with
Irvin/Snowden/Mack as the next group
Irvin is not on the team anymore. Attachou still is for now.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Colts also didn't have a real 3 tech. I think they will be built to play some of both fronts.

Would think there's a pretty good chance Anthony Walker will be signed to play Mike/ILB and then a cheap Sam who plays only about 25% snaps, maybe Zaire Franklin or a guy coming off injury like Josey Jewell.

DeForest Buckner was their 3 technique the last two years and was elite.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
there was actually a thread where posting this would have been relevant and perhaps even amusing